It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wartile is now available DRM-free. Get it -50% until August 2nd, 1 PM UTC.

Once you buy the game, be sure to unlock the soundtrack DLC which is free until August 8th, 1 PM UTC.

Wartile is a cool-down based game that keeps the action flowing, with ample opportunities to plan your moves. Experience a living, breathing tabletop video game that invites the player into a miniature universe full of small adventures set in beautifully handcrafted diorama battle boards inspired by Norse mythology to honor the Vikings!

Be sure to check other Deck13 games on sale until August 2nd, 1 PM UTC.
Achievements,please.

Thanks.
Slow down, rather than tactical pause. While The WItcher 3 was probably not the first to do this, it is probably the best-known. Thanks, CDPR, for telling me that stopping things entirely is just too hard (or too wimpy, if you prefer). I thought that sort of thing was only for MMOs.

Looks awesome, but no turn-based and no tactical pause means no buy. Especially since it probably doesn't work problem-free on Linux/wine.
Tarhiel: Ehm, regarding tile in our profile, there is this piece of text that shouldn´t probably be there :D
=D
"GOG team is drunk again" 2019
Tarhiel: Ehm, regarding tile in our profile, there is this piece of text that shouldn´t probably be there :D
HunchBluntley: =D
"GOG team is drunk again" 2019
Fridays are terrible days to work.
Like the look of the game it seems different .
Looks cool. Appeals to my love of table-top gaming, miniatures, etc. But from what I've seen it's maybe ten hours long, and for me personally that's not enough to justify a purchase even on sale. That's not a game, it's an intro! :-)
As someone who collect miniature maquettes this game looks very interesting. I hope there's a feature where we can just admire the miniature without getting distracted by the gameplay.
So no actual pause, neither turn-based in itself nor RTwP? Pity, so much for that then. Whoever thought slowing down instead of actual pause was EVER a good idea?
(Nice look though.)
Cavalary: So no actual pause, neither turn-based in itself nor RTwP? Pity, so much for that then. Whoever thought slowing down instead of actual pause was EVER a good idea?
(Nice look though.)
The old DOS "Space-Hulk" game used a similar mechanic. You could pause the game, but only for a very limited time.
Excellent game, but tough as nails. Should really be on GOG.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/space-hulk
Cavalary: So no actual pause, neither turn-based in itself nor RTwP? Pity, so much for that then. Whoever thought slowing down instead of actual pause was EVER a good idea?
(Nice look though.)
karnak1: The old DOS "Space-Hulk" game used a similar mechanic. You could pause the game, but only for a very limited time.

Always wanted to play this one - you're talking about the first person squad based game with a large focus on planning right? Where you take a squad of Exterminators into a hulk to fight Genestealers?
karnak1: The old DOS "Space-Hulk" game used a similar mechanic. You could pause the game, but only for a very limited time.

Ixamyakxim: Always wanted to play this one - you're talking about the first person squad based game with a large focus on planning right? Where you take a squad of Exterminators into a hulk to fight Genestealers?
Exactly! An excellent game. But very damaging for the nerves :P

You played in first-person mode, but you could pause the game and switch to top-down view in order to give orders to your soldiers. But the "pause mode" activated a countdown bar, which kept decreasing. As soon as the bar reached 0, the game turned to real-time and the only way for the bar to refill was to keep playing in real time. While being attacked by swarms of Genestealers.

Between missions your Marines would get stronger and you'd unlock new weapons.
Shame that GOG doesn't have the game here. Must be copyright issues.

Here's the wishlist:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/space_hulk

EDIT: I replayed the game again some weeks ago. It's still very playable even by today's standards. Cool graphics and very claustrophobic atmosphere.
Post edited July 27, 2019 by karnak1
DieRuhe: Looks cool. Appeals to my love of table-top gaming, miniatures, etc. But from what I've seen it's maybe ten hours long, and for me personally that's not enough to justify a purchase even on sale. That's not a game, it's an intro! :-)
Well i disagree on that; you pay more money for a 2-3 hours experience in a cinema, i guess you call this a rip-off :)
atrus80: Well i disagree on that; you pay more money for a 2-3 hours experience in a cinema, i guess you call this a rip-off :)
If you go to the cinema... And even so, still comparing apples to coconuts. Entirely different thing, and if you go there you can also say that you may spend less for a book (or can loan it for free) that may well take you longer to get through, and then there are still some large newpapers too that cost even less.
(But yes, personally do consider movies a ripoff.)
Post edited July 27, 2019 by Cavalary
DieRuhe: Looks cool. Appeals to my love of table-top gaming, miniatures, etc. But from what I've seen it's maybe ten hours long, and for me personally that's not enough to justify a purchase even on sale. That's not a game, it's an intro! :-)
at 10 bucks its a nice price , 19.99 is way too high :D

Game looks good, it seems to be a static game: no 3p or fp walking and scrolling / zooming as far as i could see from the very short video, guess i have to check a decent playthrough on youtube to see more.

Anyway problem is you seem to have to rotate the "board" if games need to be rotated to see whats going on and zoom in and out i usually skip it, also the recomm. is a litte vague: quad core ? what quadcore ? no 2.66 ghz i assume ?:D
and will it run well ( no tiny images) on a 1024x768 screen ? i guess i skip the game for now... maybe later someday at a huge sale i might try it out.

edit: or maybe not:

check: https://youtu.be/O8H4urO6nVc?t=352

Board viewed from top, you have to rotate it to see different angles, thats not my way of playing a game
will stick to good old games , walk left to right and characters will grow smaller to make them look distant and away and will become larger as the come back ( like the secret files 1,2,3 and 4 games( check videos on youtube)

Anyway, still hoping secret files and lost horizon will arrive someday ( which i doubt but one can always hope) , and chronlcles of zerzura. ( developed by the black mirror 2 + 3 team)so i dont get it why that game isnt available here .

Ixamyakxim: Always wanted to play this one - you're talking about the first person squad based game with a large focus on planning right? Where you take a squad of Exterminators into a hulk to fight Genestealers?
karnak1: Exactly! An excellent game. But very damaging for the nerves :P

You played in first-person mode, but you could pause the game and switch to top-down view in order to give orders to your soldiers. But the "pause mode" activated a countdown bar, which kept decreasing. As soon as the bar reached 0, the game turned to real-time and the only way for the bar to refill was to keep playing in real time. While being attacked by swarms of Genestealers.

Between missions your Marines would get stronger and you'd unlock new weapons.
Shame that GOG doesn't have the game here. Must be copyright issues.

Here's the wishlist:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/space_hulk

EDIT: I replayed the game again some weeks ago. It's still very playable even by today's standards. Cool graphics and very claustrophobic atmosphere.
yup, it should be here for all the fans... like so many other classic that arent here ( yet)
problem might be ( besides licence problems) the fact that new games , made today... will run on win7,8 and 10, old games might need some 'work' and that will cost time , maybe lots of time.... so newgames are the future and in 50 years they will be the new good old games, until then its 90% new releases for now.

Anyway, i havent bought many games lately, cause there isnt much i want to and can play on my PC, even with a new pc games wont become better, so good old games are hard to get nowadays .... back to play my good old games backlog :D
Post edited August 01, 2019 by gamesfreak64