It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Play a unique combination of turn-based strategy, RPG, and collectible card game. Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf - Complete Edition is now available on GOG.COM along with a 15% discount that will last until 26th November 2021, 12 AM UTC!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Now release Space Marine
viperfdl: The Complete Edition is cheaper here than on steam. So, what exactly is missing?
mechmouse: No online PvP, which for me is a Plus point rather than a negative, but plenty of other people like it so that could be why.
I hope this is a trend (EYE Divine Cybermancy has a lower base price, which I think can be inferred to be b/c of missing multiplayer also) of GOG negotiating to get lower base prices if features are missing. (preferably renegotiating when possible for games already here)
The forum link on the game page leads to the general forum and a manual search revealed that there isn't any Space Wolf gameforum so far.
Game is pretty good, even without multiplayer component.
Because there is no gameforum on gog, I will post my problem here.

In my case, the game seems to be hardcoded, to run only on medium difficulty.
Every attemp to change it fails miserably, and because the game itself is qiute hard... well, sometimes i would just play without unnecessary stress, that i cannor reach past certain point, because of difficulty level.
no matter if I choose easy or hard, in the end I end up with medium difficulty level,

If that matters, I play completely offline, without Gog Galaxy.
I won't recommend anyone to this game who, for whatever reason, thinks it is necessary to add the game exe to nvidia's 3d graphical management section.

Why you might ask?

The exe will not appear in nvidia's control panel (at least, it refuses on my specific build)
Mateuszy: Game is pretty good, even without multiplayer component.
How does this offline version of the game work? Do you still craft booster packs, or random cards, in order to upgrade the cards that your space marines actually need? Can you use the redeem codes that were made available on steam to unlock bonus booster packs/cards?
Mateuszy: Game is pretty good, even without multiplayer component.
MadalinStroe: How does this offline version of the game work? Do you still craft booster packs, or random cards, in order to upgrade the cards that your space marines actually need? Can you use the redeem codes that were made available on steam to unlock bonus booster packs/cards?
Hello.
- How does this offline version of the game work?
I think it works pretty fine, excluding that mentioned above infuriating bug, where game is permanently set to play out on "zedium" difficulty. By the way, game is missing multiplayer component and multiplayer map(s) (i never played mobile version, so i do not know how many maps originally were there).
- Do you still craft booster packs, or random cards, in order to upgrade the cards that your space marines actually need?
Yes. Basic decks began to be outdated pretty qiuckly, so upgradeing cards is necessary. Unfortunately, game do not allow to create "random / new deck, so in order to make beter deck, "stock" deck have to be ovetwritten / upgrade. It's not a disaster, but in some games i like to keep basic / stock deck, just for and giggles.
- Can you use the redeem codes that were made available on steam to unlock bonus booster packs/cards?
In "collection" there is an option to 'ADD DECK", but clicking on "ENTER DECK CODE" give message "the code you enter is invalid", so it seems to be hardcoded to 3 decks.
There is also option "REEDEM PROM CODES", with is what should concern You.
I did NOT tested EVERY Steam code, but they seems to work. I even disconnected my internet connection and they seems to work. I assume, that game recognizes some codes offline, but I do not know, how many. Additionay, from every code there is exactly the same loot - "ARMAGEDDON V2 Bolter", "LUCIUS SUPERIOR Bolter" and "DRUM-FEED VOLTIS Bolter". Armageddon and Voltis can be equippped, but Lucius is one-use only.
Edit: It seems, that one and the same code can be redeemed many many imes, maybe infinitely.
In the end loot seems to not matter, because it can be broken down to currency, and used to create other cards.
Also, You can grind currency and cards in camping, and offline vs, waves of AI controled enemies mode. ( To be honest i did not check my "gears" every time after end challenge - FALL OF KANAK or WRATH OF THE DAMNED, but they seems to increase. Of course i do not want to lie to You, so i wil edit my post later, and inform You about it.
Killing moore enemies give bigger reward - cards and currency.
I hope I explained everything as good and understandable as I can.
Best regards
Mateuszy
Mateuszy: ...
Thanks for the detailed answer. As I mentioned above, I've played more than 200 hours of the game on STEAM and I'm nowhere near upgrading all my cards. So I was curious how they changed the entire crafting mechanic for the GOG release. It must be a bug if you say that you can use the same code multiple times, but a very welcomed one.

Initially I said I wouldn't be re-buying the game on GOG, but if I can skip the annoying time-consuming grind to upgrade my cards, by using the same code multiple times, and getting all the cards upgraded, in order to enjoy the single played campaing... I'll definitely be re-buying it here.

Could you try this code: AYAWNWTCQS (from this STEAM thread). Can you use this code multiple times? This is larger promo code, that add 15 legendary cards.
Post edited February 01, 2022 by MadalinStroe
MadalinStroe: Thanks for the detailed answer. As I mentioned above, I've played more than 200 hours of the game on STEAM and I'm nowhere near upgrading all my cards. So I was curious how they changed the entire crafting mechanic for the GOG release. It must be a bug if you say that you can use the same code multiple times, but a very welcomed one.

Initially I said I wouldn't be re-buying the game on GOG, but if I can skip the annoying time-consuming grind to upgrade my cards, by using the same code multiple times, and getting all the cards upgraded, in order to enjoy the single played campaing... I'll definitely be re-buying it here.

Could you try this code: AYAWNWTCQS (from this STEAM thread). Can you use this code multiple times? This is larger promo code, that add 15 legendary cards.
Hello.
- Could you try this code: AYAWNWTCQS (from this STEAM thread). Can you use this code multiple times?
I can use these code multiple times, but it gives the same hardcoded rewards - 3 weapons and 100 curency. Therefore I believe, that ability to redeem multiple times the same code is not bug, but a "feature". If there are no other players, that would have had broken experience because of cheaters, why just not allow to some form of cheating mechanics, that would make the game a little less grindy?
Best regards
Mateuszy
The game is better when played as a singleplayer campaign, rather than grinding the same 2 singleplayer modes. FALL OF KANAK or WRATH OF THE DAMNED are too time consuming and the rewards are too small. You simply can't enjoy the game because you are expected to grind too long. On mobile this was offset by microtransations.
MadalinStroe: The game is better when played as a singleplayer campaign, rather than grinding the same 2 singleplayer modes. FALL OF KANAK or WRATH OF THE DAMNED are too time consuming and the rewards are too small. You simply can't enjoy the game because you are expected to grind too long. On mobile this was offset by microtransations.
Thanks for info.
Then I'll just cheat a little bit more, get better gear and purge some heretics in Camping.
Best regards.
Mateuszy:
DOH! I forgot to buy this during the sale! I hate you guys for reminding me!!! ;)

Next time. (I always "wait until the end" - sometimes I get caught up and never actually remember the end date - usually I'm pretty good about it). And I'm already OD-ing on turnbased games so maybe a palate cleanser first heh.

(this post initially started with an all caps fuck - but I always forget the forum software won't let you post that hehe)
Thinking about buying this and noticed that "Forum discussion" links to General.