It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior is now available DRM-free.

Released in 2003, Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior is a rare example of a first-person shooter set in the dark universe of the 41st millennium. With 21 levels and 15 devastating weapons, the game follows one day in the tumultuous life of a young Tau warrior who must battle alone against a force that shows no mercy: The Imperium. The Tau will soon learn there is a darker foe at hand and become entangled in a frightening story that leads them through an ongoing war.
Oh nice, might have to pick this up.
15 devastating weapons,
hahahahahahagood one because their sounds is pretty weak

Might check it out of curiosity and maybe beat it already
Post edited July 25, 2019 by SpecShadow
"For the Greater Good."

Read about this a while back and it piqued my interest. Definitely going to the wishlist immediately.
Nice! Will definitely get this. Finally get to try out this bizarre adventure.
Well that's an unexpected release. Fire Warrior was always a very... questionable... game. Both in terms of story, how the weapons worked, and on a more technical level. Price seems fair for this game at least. Had it been 10€ game, it might have been hard to justify, but at the current price, I guess it might be worth getting for anyone who's curious.

15 devastating weapons,
SpecShadow: hahahahahahagood one because their sounds is pretty weak

Might check it out of curiosity and maybe beat it already
In Fire Warrior's defense though, this is one of the few games that seem to understand that a bolter is actually an a mini-RPG, and not an assault rifle. Other than that, it did not do a great job with the weapons.
Post edited July 25, 2019 by AFnord
As mediocre as this game is, I do appreciate it showing up here :D
Played it on PS2 back in the day, though. I wonder what the PC version is like.
Aemenyn: As mediocre as this game is, I do appreciate it showing up here :D
Played it on PS2 back in the day, though. I wonder what the PC version is like.
PC version is awful, near broken in parts. If you want to see the Tau's debut then the game's worth checking out, but it's bang average at best, a slog at worst. There is a usermod that fixes some issues of the PC version, so grab that
This one piques my interest enough and has a more than fair price, so I think I may just have to check this one out sooner rather than later.
AFnord: In Fire Warrior's defense though, this is one of the few games that seem to understand that a bolter is actually an a mini-RPG, and not an assault rifle. Other than that, it did not do a great job with the weapons.
Nah, it's over the top, impractical assault riffle running on the rule of cool, which just happens to fire mini rockets.

Discussing 40K lore aside, I actually played the beginning level of this game, and I believe it's one of the weakest FPS-es I ever played. But, I hope at least someone will appreciate this release.
A "so bad it's good" FPS in the 40K universe ? Wishlisted !
I didn't know this was even on PC. I played through it a couple times on PS2. Its not really a good game, but I enjoyed it enough at the time.
I played this back in the day for a little bit but didn't get very far. Is it good?
Finally a WH40K shooter, thank you GOG and publisher! :)
Oh sweet. I've been interested in checking this out since the MandaloreGaming review. I'm curious if any of the compatibility and sound issues have been ironed out with this release.