It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior is now available DRM-free.

Released in 2003, Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior is a rare example of a first-person shooter set in the dark universe of the 41st millennium. With 21 levels and 15 devastating weapons, the game follows one day in the tumultuous life of a young Tau warrior who must battle alone against a force that shows no mercy: The Imperium. The Tau will soon learn there is a darker foe at hand and become entangled in a frightening story that leads them through an ongoing war.
I have this as a retail version. It was one of the most bugged (AND unplayable) games I have ever seen. With sound not even working properly. And surroundings not matching the scale of then NPCs and player himself. I tried to play it 3 times, and each time I gave up.
Looks a lot like Project Snowblind (which isn't very good imo), but I love me some old shooters. Anyone here playing this now? How is it?
Random_Coffee: Looks a lot like Project Snowblind (which isn't very good imo), but I love me some old shooters. Anyone here playing this now? How is it?
I've played an hour or so, seems fine so far. Not exceptional in any way, but so far it's also not noticeably worse than other console shooters from the PS2 era. Project Snowblind, Bet On Soldier and Killzone are all decent comparisons, and if you like me have some fondness for that, while recognizing that they certainly weren't flawless, there's enjoyment to be had.
Weapons feel a little weak (though I think that was pretty common across the board after Halo), my biggest problem is the sound mixing though. I think the game believes I have a surround sound setup despite playing in stereo, as a lot of dialogue is played at an incredibly low volume, making me believe most of it is sent to another sound channel.
Random_Coffee: Looks a lot like Project Snowblind (which isn't very good imo), but I love me some old shooters. Anyone here playing this now? How is it?
fisk0: I've played an hour or so, seems fine so far. Not exceptional in any way, but so far it's also not noticeably worse than other console shooters from the PS2 era. Project Snowblind, Bet On Soldier and Killzone are all decent comparisons, and if you like me have some fondness for that, while recognizing that they certainly weren't flawless, there's enjoyment to be had.
Weapons feel a little weak (though I think that was pretty common across the board after Halo), my biggest problem is the sound mixing though. I think the game believes I have a surround sound setup despite playing in stereo, as a lot of dialogue is played at an incredibly low volume, making me believe most of it is sent to another sound channel.
I do have a lot of fondness for console shooters of that era, and I played a absolute ton of them back in the Xbox/PS2 era. I still buy games for my Xbox too. I do have a surround system, so the sound mixing isn't a problem for me.
fisk0: I've played an hour or so, seems fine so far. Not exceptional in any way, but so far it's also not noticeably worse than other console shooters from the PS2 era. Project Snowblind, Bet On Soldier and Killzone are all decent comparisons, and if you like me have some fondness for that, while recognizing that they certainly weren't flawless, there's enjoyment to be had.
Random_Coffee: I do have a lot of fondness for console shooters of that era, and I played a absolute ton of them back in the Xbox/PS2 era. I still buy games for my Xbox too. I do have a surround system, so the sound mixing isn't a problem for me.
RTX is a good one from PS2 from that era.
I am playing it and still love it. Its absolute dog s@#t, but it has a lot of nostalgia for me. Crap graphics, stupid side missions, bad voice acting...pure cheese.