It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector is now available on GOG.COM!

Experience every bone-rattling explosion and soul-crushing charge in the definitive battle-scale game of turn-based strategy and fast-paced combat that takes you to the battlefields of the 41st Millenium.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Xenos spotted, commence purging.
For the Emperor!
It sure looks interesting. Also the graphics are kinda more lighter on the eyes in comparison to that other WH40K game -> Gladius WH40K.

So, how is the gameplay?
OP_2021: So, how is the gameplay?
You would expect that with five promo videos on the store page that you'd be able to see what the gameplay is like. I have not watched any of them because I detest unrealistic cinematic trailers, they just put me off, and since GOG is riddled with them, I just don't bother anymore.
Gameplay analysis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtvExQ0kIz8
OP_2021: So, how is the gameplay?
borisburke: You would expect that with five promo videos on the store page that you'd be able to see what the gameplay is like. I have not watched any of them because I detest unrealistic cinematic trailers, they just put me off, and since GOG is riddled with them, I just don't bother anymore.
There's only one of them theatrical trailer. The rest of the four videos introduce certain units. Not exactly classic gameplay videos but not too far from it either.
high rated
Data-Mining alert
They collect the following data on you, unless you specifically opt out.
That this isn't declared upfront is absolutely disgusting.
Refund request in process.

Information we obtain from these devices includes:
Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, platform, screen size, and CPU/graphics characteristics.

Usage data: information about how you use the application. For example, day of first session, day of last session, session length.

Location data: specifically, the country.

In-app purchase data: if you perform financial transactions (such as when you make a purchase in a game), we collect information about the purchase. This includes purchase amounts and number of purchases.

Custom event game data these are specific in-game events that some games collect, and are contextual to the game. For example, level start, enemy count, player health are all examples of custom event data.

Identifiers and network: device IDs and IP address. Note that for security purposes, we do not expose this information.
Are there only Space Marines and Tyranids in this game?
1jocator: Are there only Space Marines and Tyranids in this game?
Yes, aside from small addition of Sisters of Battle in campaign mode (by some reason, they're not available in Skirmish mode).
low rated
edorien: Data-Mining alert

Information we obtain from these devices includes:
Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, platform, screen size, and CPU/graphics characteristics.

Usage data: information about how you use the application. For example, day of first session, day of last session, session length.

Location data: specifically, the country.

In-app purchase data: if you perform financial transactions (such as when you make a purchase in a game), we collect information about the purchase. This includes purchase amounts and number of purchases.

Custom event game data these are specific in-game events that some games collect, and are contextual to the game. For example, level start, enemy count, player health are all examples of custom event data.

Identifiers and network: device IDs and IP address. Note that for security purposes, we do not expose this information.
Whahahahahahahahahahaha
low rated
finally this game looks fun , even if only played the demo
For the money and power!
edorien: Data-Mining alert
I agree this is very concerning. It also mentions 'in-app purchases'? How are those facilitated without DRM/user authentication?
Post edited July 22, 2021 by Time4Tea
Is this game worthy of the Man-Emperor's Fabulous Fucking Hawkboy?
The eagle has landed! Happy release party :)

--

@data collection stuff

Every new app has to be checked thoroughly before starting to use it. Times are over when you can click "ok" on every eula dialogue.

Always check the settings, disable every online service and look for opt-outs. Especially true for games developed outside of europe. (because in all those countries they're like honey-badgers - they simply don't care)
Post edited July 22, 2021 by chew-ie