It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lynch is served.

<span class="bold">Virginia</span>, a trippy and surreal thriller that pulls you into a Lynchian fever dream and never lets go, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount!

A young boy goes missing from a secluded small town, straight in the American heartland. The two FBI agents assigned the case are confronted with tight-lipped suspects, bizarre findings, and horrors both real and imagined. Also a buffalo.

The 20% discount ends February 14, 2PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ixRoFx277QE
Post edited February 07, 2017 by maladr0Id
This is undoubtedly an unconventional game. For anyone looking for more insight on Virginia's silent storytelling and the strong influences of Twin Peaks and The X-Files in its style, here are some interesting reviews you can check out:

Eurogamer thinks this is a must-play experience that totally gets David Lynch.

Polygon celebrates the game's deviation from the norm and calls it powerful and original.

Jim Sterling isn't quite ready to name Virginia a classic but applauds the strong narrative and stirring soundtrack.

IGN enjoyed the calculated nuances that Virginia deftly weaves into its narrative and the cinematic show-don't-tell approach.
Post edited February 08, 2017 by maladr0Id
It does not add to wishlist correctly - heart on games list appears normally, but when I click my wishlist it is not there.
"I l-l-love the art style" - Max Headroom

Lame joke aside, hmm. Might finally have to dive into the adventure genre.
You really take care for us adventure gamers! Like the adventure selection a lot. Thanks for all the great and/or interesting titles!
HereForTheBeer: Lame joke aside
Send the feds in.
Glad it's here.
Directly to my cart for purchase with hopefully some other stuff gog releases this week.
And I'm always happy to remove steam only games from my humblebundle wishlist.

It's more a "walking simulator" than an adventure game, with puzzles and all that stuff, as far as I know.
TheCollector: You really take care for us adventure gamers! Like the adventure selection a lot. Thanks for all the great and/or interesting titles!
There are still several interesting new adventure games missing, but I guess we can't have them all.
Unfortunately.
Post edited February 07, 2017 by rgnrk
...what about the soundtrack...? :|
The Twin Peaks connection sounds good. The Fargo comparison and "walking simulator" mentioned above on the other hand make me want to run away screaming. I guess I'll wishlist it for now, and will wait for some opinions... or an even bigger discount, of the "even if I hate it, it's no loss" kind.
Post edited February 07, 2017 by Breja
godunow: It does not add to wishlist correctly - heart on games list appears normally, but when I click my wishlist it is not there.
That sometimes happens when a game is newly released and you directly add it to the wishlist. Just wait a bit and it should show up correctly.
It looks really interesting. Wishlisted for now, might pick it up, if there isn't anything even more interesting this week.
And the "Most useless game trailer of 2017" award goes to...
rgnrk: Glad it's here.
Directly to my cart for purchase with hopefully some other stuff gog releases this week.
And I'm always happy to remove steam only games from my humblebundle wishlist.

It's more a "walking simulator" than an adventure game, with puzzles and all that stuff, as far as I know.
TheCollector: You really take care for us adventure gamers! Like the adventure selection a lot. Thanks for all the great and/or interesting titles!
rgnrk: There are still several interesting new adventure games missing, but I guess we can't have them all.
Unfortunately.
Puzzles or not: I love me some well written video game stories I can play in MY tempo with a haunting or unique atmosphere to it. And I heard, Virginia would be decent in THAT department. Looking forward to play it.

Sure, there are adventure games "missing" on GOG, but it makes me happy to see, what we DID get so far. Looking on my wishlist of adventure games (with about 150+ titles... yeah, I like writing lists a lot), I realised, GOG did manage to get about 75% of them and thats great. I almost have more potential hours of adventure gaming on my hard drive than lifetime to play them. :-P
It looks very appealing! I was afraid that it was a “social” game but, apparently, that’s not the case—good!
GOG.com: A young boy goes missing from a secluded small town, straight in the American heartland. The two FBI agents assigned the case are confronted with tight-lipped suspects, bizarre findings, and horrors both real and imagined. Also a turtle.
Jeb!
Wishbone: And the "Most useless game trailer of 2017" award goes to...
...Hearthlands?
Looks/sounds interesting although the 20% off isn't enough to tempt me at the moment.