It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Venetica - Gold Edition is now available DRM-free. Get it -75% until August 2nd, 1 PM UTC.

Experience a visually stunning action RPG with a unique and captivating atmosphere. Set in the fantastic world of long ago Venice, the young Scarlett falls victim to a terrible mystery, which begins with the murder of her companion by a secretive alliance of mighty necromancers. Thus fate takes its inevitable course and threatens to throw the world out of order.

Be sure to check other Deck13 games on sale until August 2nd, 1 PM UTC.
samuraigaiden: This game looks cool. What does it play like?
Mixture of action adventure with simple combat (but no jumping), point-and-click with specific solutions for specific problems, and exploration with light RPG elements. As I linked to earlier in this thread, I wrote a longer review describing it in 2015.
nightcraw1er.488: It doesn't however give the full picture in that Venetica, Ankh, and one not released here called Black Sails, has been DRM free for years on Fireflower.
true

Maxvorstadt: Uhm, I`m pretty sure that Venetica was once on GoG and got removed. Am I crazy?
Pretty sure it's never been here. I've said a few times I wanted to see it here but not very often. :P
Post edited July 26, 2019 by tfishell
Maxvorstadt: Uhm, I`m pretty sure that Venetica was once on GoG and got removed. Am I crazy?
txa1265: I wasn’t sure so I looked - couldn’t find anything in my order history (and I certainly would have bought it). Did find the Gold version in my Steam library though ...
Hm, I absolutely remember looking at the gamepage of Venetica here on GoG years ago and thinking about to buy it. I had the boxed version then so I decided to wait until it`s on sale.
Did I somehow change from my universe to a parallel universe where Venetica was never on GoG?
Weirdo!!!
samuraigaiden: This game looks cool. What does it play like?
Combat is very fluid, but there is a learning curve. Story and skill tree are good - there are different stratagies you can take . I find this a super game and at the current price it's worth trying.
Leroux: Uhm, I`m pretty sure that Venetica was once on GoG and got removed. Am I crazy?
tfishell: Pretty sure it's never been here. I've said a few times I wanted to see it here but not very often. :P
Now *I* feel crazy, too, since you misquoted me. :D It was Maxvorstadt who wrote this. ;)
I really love the concept of this game, but it´s not well-optimized. In other words: You should expect lagging.
Instabrought. Thanks for bringing this here!
The game doesn't launch for me, someone have the same problem?
tfishell: Pretty sure it's never been here. I've said a few times I wanted to see it here but not very often. :P
Leroux: Now *I* feel crazy, too, since you misquoted me. :D It was Maxvorstadt who wrote this. ;)
Hm, a Venetica not here although I remember it being here, tfishhell quoted Leroux with a setence I wrote?
Something is going wrong in the multiverse.
The walls between the universes break, the end is nigh!!!

Edit: Now I always get the info that someone answered on my post in this thread, but there is no post answering any of my posts. Yep, the end is nighest!!! :-D
Post edited July 26, 2019 by Maxvorstadt
Nice to see Venetica here and with a very nice discount too.

P, S, and speaking about german RPGs, what about the Drakensang series?
gandalfnho: Nice to see Venetica here and with a very nice discount too.

P, S, and speaking about german RPGs, what about the Drakensang series?
Speaking of german RPGs:
Someone should make a Midgard computer game and release it on GoG.
nightcraw1er.488: It’s been drm free for years:
https://fireflowergames.com/products/venetica-gold-edition
Fireflower Games!??... i see... seems to be a One-swede-show, isn't it?
Leroux: Now *I* feel crazy, too, since you misquoted me. :D It was Maxvorstadt who wrote this. ;)
ffffffffffuuuuuu fixed :P
The trailer looks interesting. But the voice acting for the female main character, she sounds.... bored? Like there's no emotion in it whatsoever. The rest are pretty good tho. Wishlisted.
Not that I know how the game actually is, didn't play it, but have been interested in it almost ever since I knew of GOG, and kept wondering why wasn't it here, especially after seeing it on Fireflower for years, meaning that the rightsholder was willing to sell DRM-free.
Of course, regional price hike, so not for purchasing, but interesting to finally see it here nevertheless.