It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Venetica - Gold Edition is now available DRM-free. Get it -75% until August 2nd, 1 PM UTC.

Experience a visually stunning action RPG with a unique and captivating atmosphere. Set in the fantastic world of long ago Venice, the young Scarlett falls victim to a terrible mystery, which begins with the murder of her companion by a secretive alliance of mighty necromancers. Thus fate takes its inevitable course and threatens to throw the world out of order.

Be sure to check other Deck13 games on sale until August 2nd, 1 PM UTC.
Long overdue. It's been available DRM-free at Fireflower Games for some time. I assumed GOG had rejected it (and I suspect GOG did reject it before accepting it now).

I bought it at Fireflower, but at this price, I suppose I'll buy a copy here - GOG has much better download speeds, will likely outlast Fireflower, etc.

Anyway, good to see this game on GOG.

Edit: Since this is a Deck13 release... Please bring The Surge to GOG!
Post edited July 26, 2019 by SeduceMePlz
Highly underestimated game IMHO! :)
Uhm, I`m pretty sure that Venetica was once on GoG and got removed. Am I crazy?
Maxvorstadt: Uhm, I`m pretty sure that Venetica was once on GoG and got removed. Am I crazy?
Not that i can remember otherwise would have bought it then.

Instant buy for me though have it on steam but can now hide it with the gog version with Galaxy 2.0
Nice release.
Does anyone know if the GOG version comes with the soundtrack and artbook? Thanks.

EDIT: In answer to my question if anyone is interested - no it doesn't. I must say I was disappointed as I'd hoped to get the soundtrack as I already own the game on disc but I guess at this price I can't complain too much.
Post edited July 26, 2019 by Pajama
Nice release !
nightcraw1er.488: It’s been drm free for years:
https://fireflowergames.com/products/venetica-gold-edition
"is now available DRM-free" - isn't that line always used whether or not a game is DRM-free for the first time on GOG? To me it's just marketing shtick.
I was wondering if this was ever going to show up here. Nice discount, too. Instabuy!
nightcraw1er.488: It’s been drm free for years:
https://fireflowergames.com/products/venetica-gold-edition
tfishell: "is now available DRM-free" - isn't that line always used whether or not a game is DRM-free for the first time on GOG? To me it's just marketing shtick.
Yes, they have provided no context, hence their statement is not untrue. It doesn't however give the full picture in that Venetica, Ankh, and one not released here called Black Sails, has been DRM free for years on Fireflower.
Maxvorstadt: Uhm, I`m pretty sure that Venetica was once on GoG and got removed. Am I crazy?
I remember that someone posted it in the context of "would be nice to get it here" - that's how I learned about it. Couple months ago, maybe even a year.

It exploits several of my weaknesses, and at such price, this is nobrainer. Already sitting in my library, waiting it's turn (when Factorio starts to bore me).
I forgot this game existed, owned it on disc back in the day before ditching all my discs. Easy purchase for this price.
This game looks cool. What does it play like?
Nah, that's Jack Keane you're thinking about, and it being removed at least from the Insomnia sale was just wishful thinking on the part of many customers who were waiting for the next limited offer to pop up! ;P

Same devs though.
I wasn’t sure so I looked - couldn’t find anything in my order history (and I certainly would have bought it). Did find the Gold version in my Steam library though ...