It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Awoken to a world ruined by war, Alma must traverse the vast city of Arcadia before the life force of her friends and herself withers away. UNSIGHTED is now available on GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
NuffCatnip: Way to go! The devs seem like genuinely nice guys and you're shitting all over this release thread with your 'does this contain DRM' bs, scaring away potential customers. Good fucking job!
Overall, I'm not too worried about most indie titles, but that being said, there are what? 1000+ devs on GOG?

We shouldn't have to vouch for the good character of every single one of them.

Ultimately, the onus to enforce the advertised drm-free policy of the store falls on GOG and GOG should be a central authority we can trust in all of this, except that increasingly, it appears that we can't (I hope they cleanup their act, but as of now, there is an admittedly very low chance that we get stranded with some drm on each purchase).

Otherwise, this at least, I can understand.

What I find offensive is the guy who posted a one star review to thrash the game based on the fact that he didn't like the aesthetics. Right now, its the only review the game has. Way to go buddy.
I have now bought Unsighted here at GOG and will play it now. I'm really looking forward to the game. I'll write a short review later, but in German.
Post edited October 01, 2021 by Kikisama
Looks great. How much gameplay is expected with this type of game?. Is it better with a controller?
NuffCatnip: Way to go! The devs seem like genuinely nice guys and you're shitting all over this release thread with your 'does this contain DRM' bs, scaring away potential customers. Good fucking job!
Magnitus: Overall, I'm not too worried about most indie titles, but that being said, there are what? 1000+ devs on GOG?

We shouldn't have to vouch for the good character of every single one of them.

Ultimately, the onus to enforce the advertised drm-free policy of the store falls on GOG and GOG should be a central authority we can trust in all of this, except that increasingly, it appears that we can't (I hope they cleanup their act, but as of now, there is an admittedly very low chance that we get stranded with some drm on each purchase).

Otherwise, this at least, I can understand.

What I find offensive is the guy who posted a one star review to thrash the game based on the fact that he didn't like the aesthetics. Right now, its the only review the game has. Way to go buddy.
I mostly agree.

My point is, this game along with a few prior releases have nothing to do with the massive gog/IO Interactive fuck up/ the false advertising of Hitman 2016 being DRM-free. There is nothing wrong (DRM-wise) with this game and those others, but some make it their job with their (imho) trolley posts to 'drag those titles through the mud'. Which is getting obnoxious, plus it's inappropriate (for lack of a better word) towards the devs.

But enough of that.

Yeah, saw that 'review' as well. Those have been a problem for quite a while now.

Edit: Those are some weird sentences I wrote, but I can't get myself to edit my post. This has been an unbearably long week and I'm off to bed, need to catch a few dozen hours of sleep. :P
Post edited October 01, 2021 by NuffCatnip
Kikisama: I have now bought Unsighted here at GOG and will play it now. I'm really looking forward to the game. I'll write a short review later, but in German.
much appreciated.

thank you.
This one may not be for me with the timer and the soulslike stuff. Pretty much means I have to wait on a trainer to play through it.
NuffCatnip: My point is, this game along with a few prior releases have nothing to do with the massive gog/IO Interactive fuck up/ the false advertising of Hitman 2016 being DRM-free. There is nothing wrong (DRM-wise) with this game and those others, but some make it their job with their (imho) trolley posts to 'drag those titles through the mud'. Which is getting obnoxious, plus it's inappropriate (for lack of a better word) towards the devs.
while no - it does not have any /direct/ bearing on the ioi/hitman situation, it is important to know - and know to the best of our ability - which games are going to be ok to buy going forward if drm-free is something we care about.

from this perspective, it makes sense to me to be polite, to ask about the drm status of the game and then to have that information come to light.

however that happens [if it's via the developer or via an interested player of the game] then that is all to the good so that other people can make a decision for themselves about whether or not to buy the game.

---

furthermore: i understand that you find this behaviour "troll-y." i submit that i do not mean my posts as "troll posts" and i certainly do not mean them to besmirch the good name of reasonable developers.

instead, i posit that it's worth thinking of them as information gathering. as users helping other users because - it turns out - gog isn't interested in maintaining it's drm-free reputation.

NuffCatnip: Edit: Those are some weird sentences I wrote, but I can't get myself to edit my post. This has been an unbearably long week and I'm off to bed, need to catch a few dozen hours of sleep. :P
hope you get some decent sleep. :)
groze: Speaking with the devs on twitter, apparently there's an Exploration Mode that removes the time limit altogether.
COOL!

Thanks for the heads up, yeah I'll definitely be taking advantage of exploration mode myself, thanks for the info!