It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to reap what they sow.

UPDATE: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil now also features multiplayer with GOG Galaxy crossplay – enabling you to jump into the fray with the worldwide Turok community regardless of platform.

<span class="bold">Turok 2: Seeds of Evil</span>, the remastered version of the FPS that proved dinosaur-hunting can be enormously fun, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Prehistoric reptiles and assorted monstrosities are running rampant until a new Turok rises to fight them. To compliment his heroic bloodlust, he's bringing 20+ badass weapons, remastered graphics, and carefully enhanced gameplay.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited April 19, 2017 by maladr0Id
eiii: A quad core CPU as minimum requirement for the remaster of an almost 20 years old game? Congrats!
I still hope that's just because they didn't have a tester with a 3-core rig.
It can't be that badly optimized, can it?
Klumpen0815: I still hope that's just because they didn't have a tester with a 3-core rig.
There's a long archived stream on YouTube from one of the testers and during it he mentions that they expected a lot of the AMD-related issues to crop up post-launch due to the fact that none of them during the testing period had access to any AMD hardware. So you're probably not far off with that guess.

He does mention that he feels pretty confident in Samuel Villareal's abilities to patch the game into a working state once they start sifting through the bug reports though.

I feel the smarter thing to do would've been to expand the testing phase through open sign-ups (or something similar) to ensure that they had a larger range of diverse hardware to work against, especially given that they knew that the game inside the KEX engine was going to be relatively demanding anyway.
Spectre: The difference in price is tiny between steam and gog.

I've still got the original on cartridge.The game was interesting for the features at the time with it's gore and skin system not to mention the creative weapons. i think it was one of the first fps games to have flash bangs and tasers.
and yet if you buy and play play games on a regular basis, the saving of so much as a £1 does eventually add up to some fine amount of change.
darthspudius: and yet if you buy and play play games on a regular basis, the saving of so much as a £1 does eventually add up to some fine amount of change.
Truer words were never typed. :p
tfishell: Wait six months -1 year and it'll surely drop to $5 on sale.
Given how long it took for the first remaster to hit that price (and even then, it seems to have only done so to ensure people bought it and would potentially take advantage of the discount for the second), a year seems overly optimistic.

Assuming (even with the cagey responses they've given) that they bought, at least, all the Turok N64 title rights, and they're working on either 3 or Rage Wars as the next release, it'll probably be another instance where the really steep discount only shows up when either of those is nearing launch.
amurgaming: The amount of work Nightdive puts into updating their games is significant. To have System Shock run natively on modern systems is huge and a thing of beauty (just take a look at all the DOS-box garbage (excuse me) out there).
igrok: I strongly prefer original DOS versions. Modern "remastered" versions from Nightdive can be pain to run. So they are not adding value for me, but subtracting it.
Fair enough, but that's rather exceptional. Remastering has been Nightdive's core business for years and I find it hard to critize them for it (+ it's what sets them apart from other studios). If you prefer DOS versions, there are many titles available on GOG, which is great. Personally I don't enjoy running games in a tiny window using emulators.
low rated
darthspudius: and yet if you buy and play play games on a regular basis, the saving of so much as a £1 does eventually add up to some fine amount of change.
guppy44: Truer words were never typed. :p
Nicola Sturgeon is a useless arrogant brainless twat who does NOT speak for Scotland, there have more true words ;)
guppy44: Truer words were never typed. :p
darthspudius: Nicola Sturgeon is a useless arrogant brainless twat who does NOT speak for Scotland, there have more true words ;)
I'm not Scottish, but whilst I agree with you 100%, i'd prob remove that comment, as it can get quite vocal with anything surrounding Scotland and the whole other thing, and this is hardly the place. :P
low rated
darthspudius: Nicola Sturgeon is a useless arrogant brainless twat who does NOT speak for Scotland, there have more true words ;)
Pond86: I'm not Scottish, but whilst I agree with you 100%, i'd prob remove that comment, as it can get quite vocal with anything surrounding Scotland and the whole other thing, and this is hardly the place. :P
It's okay, everyone hates my open non left wing opinion anyway. I'm sick of those gits trying to force us to live and think their ways and there need to call me a racist due to my intolerance of the people scrounging money and housing from my country. I'm use to it and don't care. I just won't reply, no point in arguing with those who think that they're always right. It's like a never ending circle of sorts. :P
amurgaming: Personally I don't enjoy running games in a tiny window using emulators.
Tiny window? I am not sure what you are talking about. Perhaps you meant low resolution?
amurgaming: Personally I don't enjoy running games in a tiny window using emulators.
igrok: Tiny window? I am not sure what you are talking about. Perhaps you meant low resolution?
I don't know exactly what he is talking about but the NES Emulators I have used do give you a pretty small game screen.
Post edited March 19, 2017 by tinyE
igrok: Tiny window? I am not sure what you are talking about. Perhaps you meant low resolution?
tinyE: I don't know exactly what he is talking about but the NES Emulators I have used do give you a pretty small game screen.
You can tell the emulator to upscale the image to a higher resolution in a larger window, if your computer has the horse power to do so.
tinyE: I don't know exactly what he is talking about but the NES Emulators I have used do give you a pretty small game screen.
stryx: You can tell the emulator to upscale the image to a higher resolution in a larger window, if your computer has the horse power to do so.
Thanks. It's an NES Emulator so I should have the power.
I may have a unique setup since I run a few DOS games on a virtual machine, ergo no fixed resolution. The VM (usually running at 1080p) basically scales down to whatever the DOS application runs at. And I really don't enjoy low-res titles running fullscreen on a 1440p 27" monitor.

Things like System Shock Enhanced Edition scale beautifully in my VM environment and I'm able to run it windowed in 1080p.

But that's just me and not an issue per se. Turok 2 is a different beast though (which will have to wait until the macOS port is out).
Post edited March 20, 2017 by amurgaming
Klumpen0815: It can't be that badly optimized, can it?
Maybe it can. I don't know from what systems these reports are, but considering the graphics quality of the game this does not sound like optimization:
- <i>low framerate around 20 to 30</i>
- <i>it does have a few random performance dips, even on my rig that can max most games out</i>

amurgaming: Remastering has been Nightdive's core business for years and I find it hard to critize them for it (+ it's what sets them apart from other studios).
Especially their overly professional style to work as described here:
TheMonkofDestiny: There's a long archived stream on YouTube from one of the testers and during it he mentions that they expected a lot of the AMD-related issues to crop up post-launch due to the fact that none of them during the testing period had access to any AMD hardware.
Post edited March 20, 2017 by eiii