It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to reap what they sow.

UPDATE: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil now also features multiplayer with GOG Galaxy crossplay – enabling you to jump into the fray with the worldwide Turok community regardless of platform.

<span class="bold">Turok 2: Seeds of Evil</span>, the remastered version of the FPS that proved dinosaur-hunting can be enormously fun, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Prehistoric reptiles and assorted monstrosities are running rampant until a new Turok rises to fight them. To compliment his heroic bloodlust, he's bringing 20+ badass weapons, remastered graphics, and carefully enhanced gameplay.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited April 19, 2017 by maladr0Id
darthspudius:
Glad I held off on getting it.

Not many things piss me off more than someone making me feel like a chump.
ShadowWulfe: So the Steam version is cheaper...?
The GOG version is cheaper if you own the first remaster as well (in terms of USD, at least). Largely in part to Steam being incapable of properly calculating a 50% total discount when its coupon(s) are involved.

Steam (launch discount + coupon for having purchased the first game) total at checkout: $11.24
GOG (launch discount + auto-applied discount for having purchased the first game) total at checkout: $9.99

Whether paying the additional $1.25 truly matters or not is all personal preference, I suppose.

The Humble Store's brief/no longer applicable promotion of including the first game with the purchase of the second was a pretty good deal for anyone who missed when the first game was on sale both here and on Steam recently for as low as it's been since it was released years ago ($4.99), coupled with the additional potential discount gained by subscribing to their Monthly Bundle system + the possibility of having existing credit in the "Humble Wallet" from any previous store purchases to knock down the total cost even further.
Post edited March 19, 2017 by TheMonkofDestiny
The difference in price is tiny between steam and gog.

I've still got the original on cartridge.The game was interesting for the features at the time with it's gore and skin system not to mention the creative weapons. i think it was one of the first fps games to have flash bangs and tasers.
I hold in my hand an Akklaim pc cd of this I bought a week ago from CEX for 0.5 euro. Plays well on win xp. Had fond memories on N64 but I couldn't see past the big flat triangles when I loaded it up. I seem to remember a very charming female voice communing with Turok on the original but can't be bothered to get that far in. 20 dollars for this seems obscene to me.
low rated
mrnougat58: I hold in my hand an Akklaim pc cd of this I bought a week ago from CEX for 0.5 euro. Plays well on win xp. Had fond memories on N64 but I couldn't see past the big flat triangles when I loaded it up. I seem to remember a very charming female voice communing with Turok on the original but can't be bothered to get that far in. 20 dollars for this seems obscene to me.
I know its 2017 this game should be free.
mrnougat58: 20 dollars for this seems obscene to me.
It's because of all the work Nightdive did in porting/remastering, though it may not be worth it to everyone. Wait six months -1 year and it'll surely drop to $5 on sale.
The amount of work Nightdive puts into updating their games is significant. To have System Shock run natively on modern systems is huge and a thing of beauty (just take a look at all the DOS-box garbage (excuse me) out there). To have Turok 1 & 2 run like this is also nothing one should take for granted. This isn't a copy and paste job, it's solid software development and crunching through editors. In fact Turok 2 was at least a 15 month project. People who claim that this should be free are just plain foolish and ignorant. I can hardly imagine any skilled software developer working for over a year without compensation.

The gaming community and its lack of vision can be frustrating at times.
Post edited March 19, 2017 by amurgaming
amurgaming: The amount of work Nightdive puts into updating their games is significant. To have System Shock run natively on modern systems is huge and a thing of beauty (just take a look at all the DOS-box garbage (excuse me) out there). To have Turok 1 & 2 run like this is also nothing one should take for granted. This isn't a copy and paste job, it's solid software development and crunching through editors. In fact Turok 2 was at least a 15 month project. People who claim that this should be free are just plain foolish and ignorant. I can hardly imagine any skilled software developer working for over a year without compensation.

The gaming community and its lack of vision can be frustrating at times.
I agree. Everyone wants something for free, free, free! I guess the developers don't get to eat after they put hard effort into properly remastering a game. It's generous enough that people get 50% off for owning the first remastered one. If people don't want to pay money for the remastered one then they should boot up their N64 and play it on there.
BrokenBull: If people don't want to pay money for the remastered one then they should boot up their N64 and play it on there.
Not only that, people can get the remaster for free (illegally) if they want! Maybe Nightdive should have used Denuvo and not released Turok on GOG at all. :P
BrokenBull: If people don't want to pay money for the remastered one then they should boot up their N64 and play it on there.
tfishell: Not only that, people can get the remaster for free (illegally) if they want! Maybe Nightdive should have used Denuvo and not released Turok on GOG at all. :P
Agreed.
Patch coming in on monday for the steam verison will probably be out here on tuesday...or later.
tfishell: Not only that, people can get the remaster for free (illegally) if they want! Maybe Nightdive should have used Denuvo and not released Turok on GOG at all. :P
Everything eventually gets cracked, so it doesn't matter if they released it on GOG or not. ┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
high rated
amurgaming: The amount of work Nightdive puts into updating their games is significant. To have System Shock run natively on modern systems is huge and a thing of beauty (just take a look at all the DOS-box garbage (excuse me) out there).
I strongly prefer original DOS versions. Modern "remastered" versions from Nightdive can be pain to run. So they are not adding value for me, but subtracting it.
amurgaming: The amount of work Nightdive puts into updating their games is significant. To have System Shock run natively on modern systems is huge and a thing of beauty (just take a look at all the DOS-box garbage (excuse me) out there).
igrok: I strongly prefer original DOS versions. Modern "remastered" versions from Nightdive can be pain to run. So they are not adding value for me, but subtracting it.
I agree, i prefer the original versions too and the high system requirements for those "remastered" versions are the main reason why i usually don't buy them.

Nightdive's previous releases used to be pretty good like System Shock: Enhanced Edition - it runs fine on my WIN XP machine, has the original version included and is reasonably priced at 9.99€.
A quad core CPU as minimum requirement for the remaster of an almost 20 years old game? Congrats!

Does Turok 2 have less platforming than Turok 1?