It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hidden (sharp) objects.

True Fear: Forsaken Souls Part 1 and Part 2 are now available DRM-free.
Get Part 1 20% off and Part 2 10% off until the end of the Winter Sale.

This wretched place is pregnant with the promise of death… Explore, solve puzzles, hunt for objects and make choices as you try to uncover the troubling past of its evil resident. Try to keep your composure, for the more you investigate, the closer the dark presence seems to get.
Are HOGs so exceedingly difficult to program that the devs can't seem to be able to add the same achievements that the Steam version has?
I love these kind of games. Great to see more of them coming to GOG.
Crosmando: I wonder if any wannabe psychologists here would like to speculate on why HoGs seem to be so overwhelmingly popular with the fairer sex.
Here is an attempt:

- fairy tale visuals with the right balance between cute and earnest
- emotional stories about love, family secrets and the like (just like many novels targeted at women)
- greater focus on story rather than action (though with more gameplay than your average visual novel)
- gameplay is about finding items, repairing things and solving puzzles rather than killing people and destroying things
- relaxing and without time pressure (or the option to play without time pressure)
- extremely accessible gameplay (without having to master complex tactics and mechanics)
- no fail states; you can always progress

For me these games are the modern version of the old Point and Click Adventures, after cutting out all the (IMO) tedious, boring and annoying elements of these games. That's why I love them so much. (I recently played Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis for the first time, and some of the sections in the game were a real PITA to get through.)
Post edited December 20, 2018 by Falkenherz
gloombandit: A genuinely sweet surprise, thank you GOG & Goblinz/Digital Lounge!

Not even a fan of HOGs, but watched a YT play-through a while back and they're cracking mystery stories.
Really hope they get the third part finished soon <3
dev says he is working on it , read it in his posts on Steam ....

gamesfreak64: yup, dreaded, awfull, girls/.women only games, whatever they call them .... i have ... well lets say i have too many of them
and i wouldn't mind having the nice income they can make with the games, bigfish makes good money selling those dread Hogs and other dreaded casualgames.

Anyway i buy them , almost by the dozen , because i like the games :D

Go go Hogs and casualgames ... the more the better .....
Crosmando: Obviously you're being sarcastic, but I wonder if any wannabe psychologists here would like to speculate on why HoGs seem to be so overwhelmingly popular with the fairer sex.
Sarcastic ? oops, i mean it i really own too many casualgames , 400 spread on cd and dvd (retail versions drm free)
90% of it are HOG, 30 or so are Bigfishgames (HOGs)
i have all Artifex games on steam minus Brother Rabbit, and another one, cant remeber its name cause i have too many to remember them all, thats why i use the screenshots to check if i own them.
Also own a few older HOG ( Alawar) and a few from various smaller developers, 6 or 10 games i guess
Anyway, also own a few old HOG ( drm free) on Gamersgate, so it was not a sarcastic reply :D
Post edited December 20, 2018 by gamesfreak64
ShadowWulfe: Are HOGs so exceedingly difficult to program that the devs can't seem to be able to add the same achievements that the Steam version has?
i am no developer, nor technically educated , but i think its more a 'wanting' case , meaning :are we interested in adding them to a client which is not forced ( Steam client is needed, no games no downloads no nothing without Steam )
i guess the devs will phrase it more like :

" because of the bla bla bla , and the fact that Steam is our number one ( forced client , very good, bla bla bla)
a 'gazillion' users , bla bla bla ( more tech talk we probably wont understand)

"In short: probably no or we will consider it "

Anyway thats my personal thought and the idea i get when i read all the requests to add them to anything else then Steam client, you cannot simple say:

"Nope, sorry, no can do, its like politics, always trying to be correct, while a simple yes, no, maybe ( without any ??? reason why they havent included them yet)
It would be great if they just said how they really feel: no we dont want to yes we might, no because to busy at this time...
When asked a question i would answer: Yes, NO, i dont know or maybe , no stories no apologies but a simple straight forward answer.

Crosmando: I wonder if any wannabe psychologists here would like to speculate on why HoGs seem to be so overwhelmingly popular with the fairer sex.
Falkenherz: Here is an attempt:

- fairy tale visuals with the right balance between cute and earnest
- emotional stories about love, family secrets and the like (just like many novels targeted at women)
- greater focus on story rather than action (though with more gameplay than your average visual novel)
- gameplay is about finding items, repairing things and solving puzzles rather than killing people and destroying things
- relaxing and without time pressure (or the option to play without time pressure)
- extremely accessible gameplay (without having to master complex tactics and mechanics)
- no fail states; you can always progress

For me these games are the modern version of the old Point and Click Adventures, after cutting out all the (IMO) tedious, boring and annoying elements of these games. That's why I love them so much. (I recently played Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis for the first time, and some of the sections in the game were a real PITA to get through.)
yes i know the pain in the ... thing, PITA is has always been and will always be present in all the point n click games i play.(ed)
Anyway i assume many HOG developer use a (custome) engine, i read Artifex made their own version which they licence, would love to have the simple veriosn to try it ( no phoning home in it ofcourse or usage tracking like unity games seem to do be default, had to block lots of unity games in the windows fire wall just to be sure ET does not phone home.
gixgox: Yep - more feed for my point 'n click finger.

But with so many excellent games to choose from during this great sale, these games will go to the wish-list until the trilogy is complete, or the wallet has recovered from its anorexia.
Well i had a nice amount left, but the arrival of certain new (hog) games my 'wallet' is about to get some mild anorexia aswell..... and Steam Winter sale seems to start today , the best part is my wishlist is very small , and unless they got some nice hogs with lots of % off ( and from devs that release games that run without steam client once the game is installed)i'll be saving euros this wintersale.

Anyway bigfish has many good sales and good HOG but those DRM hugging people dont have any game that run without client running, fun fact: every developer that releases games on Steam through BF needs the client to run, bought several games at sales from various devs and they all need the Client to run, so that is a big no....
nice, havent heard of these devs and I have lots of HOGs on my kindle. It looks pretty good but the price is high considering you can get quality games from big fish regularly on sale for 3.99. big fish competition is killing smaller companies tho and I do want to support them. Wishlisted for later but I do enjoy these games, easy to play, atmospheric with nice graphics, better if you are in bed with a kindle instead of tied to pc.
I just noticed that part 2 only is available in three languages. I wonder if the devs are planning to add more as they did with part 1?