It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Under neon lights.

<span class="bold">Tron 2.0</span>, the stylish blend of FPS action and futuristic racing duels, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 25% launch discount.

We all know how it is to be living beside a computer. But living inside a computer? Now that's a different story entirely, one that Tron has always been great at telling. Tron 2.0 pulls you back into its digital world of flaming firewalls, deadly computer viruses, sublime geeky references, and stunning neon-washed environments. As the son of the brilliant engineer Alan Bradley, you must find what happened to your dad after he created Ma3a, a sophisticated program that allows people to get fully digitized. Once inside that computer world, you will fight dangerous foes, uncover nefarious corporate schemes, and of course ride the iconic light-cycles in breathtaking racing duels. Are you ready for the next level of cyberwarfare?

Upload your mind to the astonishing world of <span class="bold">Tron 2.0</span> and hack your way through its dangerously beautiful challenges -- DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 25% discount lasts until December 28, 10:59 PM UTC.
IronArcturus: Hi. I just tried the Killer App mod 1.1a with the GOG version and I set it for a higher resolution of 1680x1050. But when I run Tron 2.0 it's still stuck at 1280x960. Is there another way to manually set the resolution?
redrain85: You may have gone into the Display options in the game. If you did, the game doesn't currently recognize any resolution in that screen that isn't 4:3 aspect. So it gets reset to a 4:3 resolution.

If you click the Display button on the game's launcher (not the Mod Manager program), you'll be able to select the resolution you want even if it's not 4:3.

In v1.2 of the mod, this issue of resetting the resolution on the Display options screen will be gone.

tinyE: That happened to me.
You should have a new icon on the desk top listed at the Patch/MOD whatever. :P You need to start the game through that. Turn on or off the tweeks you want and then start the game (you'll see the play button there), BUT you won't see the resolution change until you start playing; it doesn't work on the title and option screens.
redrain85: All screens render in whatever resolution you select, but it may not look that way at first glance. That's because there will be black bars on the sides in the menus. But when playing in first-person, the image will fill the entire screen. The black bars are there, because otherwise the menus would stretch or otherwise look ugly.
Ok, so how do I reset the resolution back to 1680x1050? In game there is no higher resolution and when I run the Mod Manager, there's no option to set the resolution. It only shows "Main" and "Misc" but neither show any video or resolution settings.

Update:
I see what I did wrong. I went into the Mod Manager launcher instead of the older Tron launcher. Now the game runs at the max resolution! Thanks!
Post edited December 22, 2016 by IronArcturus
IronArcturus: Update:
I see what I did wrong. I went into the Mod Manager launcher instead of the older Tron launcher. Now the game runs at the max resolution! Thanks!
Yes, the original Launcher has been modified to allow selecting non-4:3 resolutions. (On the vanilla game, you can't do it.)

Enjoy!

For v1.2 of Killer App, you'll be able to select non-4:3 resolutions in the game itself.
Since there are no extras with this one, I've uploaded the two wallpapers that were originally distributed with the game's release:

Wallpapers (approx. 5M)

Included are the original BMP format and some straight PNG conversions I did.

I should still have the game manual as well, if GOG needs a scan of it to add.
Has someone had any success running this on linux wine?

No luck for me
Miljac: Has someone had any success running this on linux wine?

No luck for me
Someone posted in the dedicated Tron 2.0 forum that they had success:
https://www.gog.com/forum/tron_20/working_under_linux_with_usage_of_wine
IAmSinistar: I should still have the game manual as well, if GOG needs a scan of it to add.
You could send a message to Judas and see if he is interested.

You could also upload it anyway to help ZFR with his and Treasure with her [url=https://www.gog.com/mix/games_whose_manuals_arent_includedhow_to_find_them]GOGmix.
A really good, timeless game! Even graphics-wise it still looks great due to its stylized graphics! Highly recommended!

Edit: Since it is a Monolith game... can we expect Aliens vs Predator 2? Pretty please!
Post edited December 23, 2016 by lubwak
Thank you so much for adding this to GOG!
Insta-bought. been waiting for this one for a LONG time.
Too bad GOG can't do price matching.
So after installing the killer app mod; multiplayer will be available?
Post edited December 23, 2016 by twilitezoner
As someone who doesn't know the game, I ask: what makes it so great, in your opinion? It seems a common shooter from an external point of view, but since everyone regards it like one of the best games ever there must be something special...
Enebias: As someone who doesn't know the game, I ask: what makes it so great, in your opinion? It seems a common shooter from an external point of view, but since everyone regards it like one of the best games ever there must be something special...
Are you a Tron fan? Did you see the original movie? Were you around for all the hype that came with it?

That has A LOT to do with it.
Enebias: As someone who doesn't know the game, I ask: what makes it so great, in your opinion? It seems a common shooter from an external point of view, but since everyone regards it like one of the best games ever there must be something special...
#1 the Tron aesthetic is pretty sweet. The game features the light cycles in the multiplayer and the deadly discs like the old Bally/Midway arcade game as well as more traditional FPS stuff but in the Tron universe.

Hopefully the Killer App Mod works with this version of the game.
Post edited December 23, 2016 by twilitezoner
twilitezoner: Hopefully the Killer App Mod works with this version of the game.
It works great. I'm using it now. You need to patch it first, but the MOD takes you to the address for that download.