It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince is now available, DRM-free.

The Trine series returns to the magic of 2.5D with Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince! The three heroes of the best-selling adventure series are back, sent on a quest to retrieve the troubled young Prince Selius. Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief are joined together once again on a thrilling quest through fantastical fairytale landscapes teeming with danger.
Loger13: Can someone tell how exactly co-op implemented? LAN (like in Trine 1,2) possible?
JoelFB: I can help tomorrow if I know what to ask for specifically - are you looking for a real LAN (Local Area Network) capabillity, or simply info on local co-op? Local co-op in general just works by plugging in extra controllers. Trine 1 might've had support for additional mice and keyboards but I don't think Trine 2 did...
Real LAN, as I said earlier.

JoelFB: I also don't think we ever truly supported LAN modes in Trine 1 or 2, but perhaps they worked with Hamachi or such software...
Yes, I read on the forum how someone from the team (maybe you? :)) was surprised that users unearthed this mode and these options and used them, and said that this was not an official mode, but was created in test purposes. Buuuuuut nevertheless it was available, it worked, and I made excellent use of it with my friend (we have both the GOG versions).

JoelFB: That said, perhaps you're looking for the options.txt stuff? Here's what we have in Trine 4 %APPDATA%\Trine4\options.txt

setOption(networkModule, "UseLANOnly", false)
setOption(networkModule, "MasterServerIp", "[SERVER_IP]:27300")
setOption(networkModule, "MasterServerName", "[SERVER]:27300")
setOption(networkModule, "UseFixedPortRange", true)
setOption(networkModule, "FixedPortRangeStart", 27300)
setOption(networkModule, "FixedPortRangeEnd", 27315)
setOption(networkModule, "OverrideOnlineRegion", "")
setOption(networkModule, "FixedLocalAddress", "")
setOption(networkModule, "FixedExternalAddress", "")
setOption(networkModule, "AllowSteamConnections", true)
setOption(networkModule, "AllowNonSteamConnections", true)

Does that help?
Yes! This is exactly what I wanted to know! And with ready-made config (as far as I can see, even the format has remained the same)! Thank!

JoelFB: The thing is though that I'm unsure if these actually work, some of them might be leftovers from an earlier era - I can find out tomorrow though.
Be so kind as to give an answer! I understand that this is an unofficial way and it will not and will not be supported, but I am interested in this mode, and technical difficulties do not scare me. This will affect my buying decision (Not the only factor, but significant).

-
And I want to say thanks for your wonderful games, wonderful atmosphere in them, fabulous music. And thanks for such a high-quality and detailed answer. Even at this stage, this answer contains more information than I expected to know when I asked my question. Support level is 5 out of 5.

fb_jlarja: Hi all
I'm not really the resident net game expert, but as far as I can tell from the code, setting either (or both) of UseLANLobbies or UseLANOnly to true in options.txt should enable LAN instead of Internet multiplayer. It's used by us during development, but hasn't really been tested for public release, so it may have some pretty rough edges.

-JLarja / Frozenbyte
Oh, I hurried with an answer.
Thank! This is exactly what I wanted to know - did it remain and whether it still works in principle, as it worked in the first and second parts.
The fact that this is not official, and there is no support, we already learned back in the times of the first and second parts, but this does not prevent us from using it.
On the contrary, it is wonderful that the game has, albeit unofficially, a working multiplayer that does not require external (third-party) servers. Servers are not eternal, and the game will remain operational even after decades.
Post edited October 09, 2019 by Loger13
BeatriceElysia: interesting use quadriple negation, if I can be OT.
Zoidberg: Ahahah! True! Sorry 'bout that. I didn't want to be too negative in my use of words so I added more negations. XP
Well, of all the things your comment wasn't, not being non-negative definitely wasn't one of them :)
JoelFB: I'd love to do another Shadowgrounds too (maybe a Shadwen 2, too, but Shadowgrounds always has the fondest place in my heart for obvious reasons [my and the team's first game]). :)
And I'd love to see another Shadowgrounds. I think the concept is great, and while its execution falls a bit short, it remains my favorite Frozenbyte game :)
Joel - in the event that you take the time to come back to this thread, I want to say thanks again for suggesting that I contact you guys and I'll ask that you pass along a thanks from me to Ella as well.

I'll also add that, issues with my purchase aside, I'm still glad to see you all were able to make a Trine 4 at all (I know Modus played a huge part in making that a reality) and I hope the game is a success (or as much of a success as it can be in today's current indie game market) for you guys such that you can continue on making games (be they future installments of series you've already made or entirely new IPs) for the foreseeable future.
not interested but not mad about this release obviously, but for some reason it does feel like the last Trine game was released not too long ago, but I guess it's actually back in 2015
how many of you have preordered this game? Apparenly, dlc is missing from steam copy of everyone there and was wondering does gog users have similar problem?
Zoidberg: Ahahah! True! Sorry 'bout that. I didn't want to be too negative in my use of words so I added more negations. XP
joppo: Well, of all the things your comment wasn't, not being non-negative definitely wasn't one of them :)
OK, POINT TAKEN! I won't do it again, stop messing with my mind now! XP
"We must have purpose.
We mustn't be purposeless.
We must not exhibit purposelessness.
We must be... purpose-less-ness-less."
BeatriceElysia: how many of you have preordered this game? Apparenly, dlc is missing from steam copy of everyone there and was wondering does gog users have similar problem?
I use offline installers, and I do have a separate DLC installer.
Can't speak for Galaxy version.
BeatriceElysia: how many of you have preordered this game? Apparenly, dlc is missing from steam copy of everyone there and was wondering does gog users have similar problem?
Gamestop sent my preorder codes for the cloth poster and Toby's Dream level in two separate emails I received yesterday.
low rated
TheMonkofDestiny: Gamestop sent my preorder codes for the cloth poster and Toby's Dream level in two separate emails I received yesterday.
I preordered through steam.
BeatriceElysia: I preordered through steam.
Based on how things turned out, my empty box full of paper with a Steam redemption key for the games might as well have been the same. The email Gamestop sent with the DLC code is also a Steam redemption key.
Tough one - Trine 1 and 2 are amazing games and well worth the time and money but Trine 3 is terrible. I guess time will tell if this one is good or bad and I will have to wait for reviews but it goes on the good ole wishlist.
New DLC is available.

https://www.gog.com/game/trine_4_melody_of_mystery