It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A snarky parrot. A stylish hook. A shrinking pocket ship?

UPDATE: The game's kickass Soundtrack and a retro-spirited Instructions Booklet (containing 25 pages of original art) are now available for purchase in one single DLC pack. Grab them together with the game for a 20% bundle discount.

Treasure Adventure World is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com

The ambitious sequel to beloved indie hit Treasure Adventure Game (which you can and should grab for free), Treasure Adventure World takes you into an open island full of wonders. Fun platforming, tricky puzzles and Peep's own secret past await you, probably hidden among this giant pile of unclaimed treasures and secrets!
I played the previous game early last year, thinking that I would just check out this "neat free game that GOG is providing me" and maybe lose a couple hours with it. When I realized my weekend had disappeared.

I had so much fun that I'm more than okay with buying the remake full priced... in a few months because money is a bit tight right now. :-/
CharlesGrey: Congrats on the release! It's one of the few games I backed pre-release, years ago, because the original freeware game was so much fun.

I wanted to ask, is it possible for backers to get a copy on GOG? And if not, will the DRM-free copy on Humble receive the same updates as the GOG version?
robitstudios: Yes, all versions of the game will receive the same patches. I will talk with GOG about setting using their Connect service that allows you to import games from your Steam library.
Wow! How nice of you. This is really appreciated. Even though I never played much of the the original and did not plan to buy this one I will now put in on my wishlist (and buy it asap) because I want to support you people.
GenlyAi: In addition to the discount, apparently the GoG pre-order also included a digital Instruction Booklet and OST. You can buy them now as DLC on Steam. Any chance they can also be offered here as DLC or as a package? (unless I'm missing something)
Barefoot_Monkey: From the pre-order thread, it seems like a Special Edition including those bonuses may well be on the cards. If so, a Special Edition Upgrade would also make sense, so as not to discourage people from buying the base game in the meantime.

The only way to get the digital NES-style Instruction Booklet (and soundtrack) for less than $10 is to pre-order of GOG. Once the game has launched we may offer a Special Edition version that includes them as well, but it will cost more.

We are also launching a Wiki for the game that will be available for everyone who needs help with the game.
Barefoot_Monkey:
Apparently it's here already (at a 20% discount):
https://www.gog.com/game/treasure_adventure_world_official_soundtrack_instruction_booklet

Edit: and in traditional GOG fashion, if you have the contents from the pre-order it still isn't marked as owned.
Post edited February 08, 2018 by VanishedOne
GOG.com: UPDATE: The game's kickass Soundtrack and a retro-spirited Instructions Booklet (containing 25 pages of original art) are now available for purchase in one single DLC pack. Grab them together with the game for a 20% bundle discount.
Thanks for the update. Buying the DLC bundle now. :)
ViperLancer: Hey, just a note, it appears some of the achievements aren't working. I defeated 5 bosses which didn't give me any achievements. But the 1st boss did. I'm not an achievement-whore though, so I don't particularly care as long as the game works. Speaking of which, it just crashed on me. But I'm about 1/2 through the game, so I say it's running well. Actually, my biggest complaint is it not telling me to press E to pick up the bomb in the 1st temple. I remember that sequence from the original but you hit it to pick it up in the original. Not so in this version, and I stupidly didn't think about pressing the interact button (because it didn't pop up to say I could as it did with everything else) until I searched the entire world twice to figure out what I was missing, then had a random thought & it worked. lol

Oh, actually, I forgot the 1st bug I encountered. The beginning intro movie didn't play correctly. I could hear the music but it never played the video.
robitstudios: I will look into why the achievements aren't triggering.

The bomb enemies are supposed to show the button prompt - that may be a bug. Will look into it!

And as far as the movie - look in the options menu under Video/Audio. There are options for 2 different video players. Try the 2nd one and see if it works for you.
1 - No worries. Like I said, achievements are fun but nowhere near as important as the game.

2 - All other bombs displayed the button prompt to pick them up, it was only the very 1st bomb in the pyramid which didn't.

3 - Okay, created a new game to test & the Type 2 video player worked. What's the difference?

4 - I'm guessing it's a glitch in GOG's cloud-sync, but my save games were just duplicated. Instead of having 2 (1 I save, 1 autosave), I have 4. The duplicates weren't there when I played yesterday but are there today. I should also note cloud-syncing was failing on my system before today. No idea why.

Finally, I want to say thanks. I loved the original version of this game back when it was initially released on GOG 6 years ago. I even loved the retro-style 8-bit graphics. The graphics of this new version may not be ultra-realistic 3D CG, but it's beautiful. If I knew this game was being remade & there was some method to help (Kickstart or whatever), I would have. I didn't know about it until GOG put it up for pre-order, and I bought it the next day. The new version may be a copy of the original in many ways, but it's also different enough to force me to solve new puzzles & enjoy the game all over again. Sorta like watching the original Star Trek or the remake. Not exactly a sequal, not exactly a direct remake, but enjoyable all over again. :D
Oh, globbits! For the first 20 seconds of the trailer, I went, "Meh!" The graphics style not wasn't really my cup of *insert-your-favorite-liquid*, there were lots of material from the game's cut scenes, which often signals there's not enough gameplay to show, etc. And then I suddenly found out I was tapping my foot to the rhythm, liking the visuals, appreciating the monsters. By now I've seen the trailer about ten times and wishlisted the game. Great music, great editing. Hopefully, also a great game. The last time I found myself totally mesmerized by a trailer was when Technobabylon got launched, and I never regretted getting the Deluxe Edition. Keeping my fingers crossed for this being the same case.
#4 is growing worse. It went up to 6 saves yesterday and is now 8 saves. 4 duplicates of the autosave & 4 duplicates of my manual save. I even deleted all the duplicates yesterday in-game from the loading screen so I was down to 2, but I'm up to 8 now. Found the save folder, it appears the file creation times & names are all different, but the game shows them all as duplicates in the load screen. It appears to be a problem with how the savecfg_user.cfg is being handled.

Hmmm.... Deleted all but 2 of them (leaving 1 autosave & 1 manual save), but they aren't all duplicates. When I loaded the game, I found I lost progress. Thankfully not much, but I did.
Post edited February 09, 2018 by ViperLancer
ViperLancer: #4 is growing worse. It went up to 6 saves yesterday and is now 8 saves. 4 duplicates of the autosave & 4 duplicates of my manual save. I even deleted all the duplicates yesterday in-game from the loading screen so I was down to 2, but I'm up to 8 now. Found the save folder, it appears the file creation times & names are all different, but the game shows them all as duplicates in the load screen. It appears to be a problem with how the savecfg_user.cfg is being handled.

Hmmm.... Deleted all but 2 of them (leaving 1 autosave & 1 manual save), but they aren't all duplicates. When I loaded the game, I found I lost progress. Thankfully not much, but I did.
This is odd and yeah, we haven't encountered this bug before. Cloud sync could be the culprit but I'd like to know for sure. When your saves are duplicated are the ones at the top of the list the most recent? When you looked at the save folder was there just 1 .cfg file?
ViperLancer: #4 is growing worse. It went up to 6 saves yesterday and is now 8 saves. 4 duplicates of the autosave & 4 duplicates of my manual save. I even deleted all the duplicates yesterday in-game from the loading screen so I was down to 2, but I'm up to 8 now. Found the save folder, it appears the file creation times & names are all different, but the game shows them all as duplicates in the load screen. It appears to be a problem with how the savecfg_user.cfg is being handled.

robitstudios: This is odd and yeah, we haven't encountered this bug before. Cloud sync could be the culprit but I'd like to know for sure. When your saves are duplicated are the ones at the top of the list the most recent? When you looked at the save folder was there just 1 .cfg file?
Yes, only 1 .cfg file, but here's where it is even stranger... All the saves I deleted returned. Their file dates were even spread across the last few days despite the fact they were all recreated today. I assume your question was about how they display on the game loading screen? Because I can't tell in-game. All the duplicates show as identical duplicates on the loading screen. They are paired off in groups of 1 autosave & 1 manual save, but they all show the exact same info & time stamps. I only see the different time stamps when looking at the actual files in Windows Explorer. But the funnier part is they all loaded the same game. I loaded each separate autosave & they all were identical. Then I backed up the most recent files & deleted the others, relaunched the game and all the duplicates returned as soon as GOG finished cloud-syncing. Checked the saves at the game loading screen and they all showed identical info to my last save. CLosed the game, deleted all but the oldest auto & manual saves, relaunched, GOG cloud-synced but didn't restore all my saves. Checked the saves at the game loading screen & found they showed as brand-new, 0 everything. Tried to load & it threw out this error:

Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 14, in <module>
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'int' objects

Let me know if you want to look at it directly. Send me a message & I'll give you access.
Post edited February 09, 2018 by ViperLancer
robitstudios: This is odd and yeah, we haven't encountered this bug before. Cloud sync could be the culprit but I'd like to know for sure. When your saves are duplicated are the ones at the top of the list the most recent? When you looked at the save folder was there just 1 .cfg file?
ViperLancer: Yes, only 1 .cfg file, but here's where it is even stranger... All the saves I deleted returned. Their file dates were even spread across the last few days despite the fact they were all recreated today. I assume your question was about how they display on the game loading screen? Because I can't tell in-game. All the duplicates show as identical duplicates on the loading screen. They are paired off in groups of 1 autosave & 1 manual save, but they all show the exact same info & time stamps. I only see the different time stamps when looking at the actual files in Windows Explorer. But the funnier part is they all loaded the same game. I loaded each separate autosave & they all were identical. Then I backed up the most recent files & deleted the others, relaunched the game and all the duplicates returned as soon as GOG finished cloud-syncing. Checked the saves at the game loading screen and they all showed identical info to my last save. CLosed the game, deleted all but the oldest auto & manual saves, relaunched, GOG cloud-synced but didn't restore all my saves. Checked the saves at the game loading screen & found they showed as brand-new, 0 everything. Tried to load & it threw out this error:

Error:

Let me know if you want to look at it directly. Send me a message & I'll give you access.
The files you deleted that returned must be due to cloud sync.

Everytime you save the game it creates a save file with a time stamp - verifies it and then deletes the old file and updates the .cfg file with the latest file name. Maybe there is some sort of read/write access issue preventing them from being deleted?

If you want to troubleshoot this further you can jump on our discord channel: https://discord.gg/htQkaSr
Post edited February 09, 2018 by robitstudios
ViperLancer: Yes, only 1 .cfg file, but here's where it is even stranger... All the saves I deleted returned. Their file dates were even spread across the last few days despite the fact they were all recreated today. I assume your question was about how they display on the game loading screen? Because I can't tell in-game. All the duplicates show as identical duplicates on the loading screen. They are paired off in groups of 1 autosave & 1 manual save, but they all show the exact same info & time stamps. I only see the different time stamps when looking at the actual files in Windows Explorer. But the funnier part is they all loaded the same game. I loaded each separate autosave & they all were identical. Then I backed up the most recent files & deleted the others, relaunched the game and all the duplicates returned as soon as GOG finished cloud-syncing. Checked the saves at the game loading screen and they all showed identical info to my last save. CLosed the game, deleted all but the oldest auto & manual saves, relaunched, GOG cloud-synced but didn't restore all my saves. Checked the saves at the game loading screen & found they showed as brand-new, 0 everything. Tried to load & it threw out this error:

Error:

robitstudios: The files you deleted that returned must be due to cloud sync.

Everytime you save the game it saves a copy of the game with a time stamp, verifies it and then deletes the old one. Maybe there is some sort of read/write access issue preventing them from being deleted?

If you want to troubleshoot this further you can jump on our discord channel: https://discord.gg/htQkaSr
Shouldn't be any permission issues. I can copy/delete the files without issue through Windows Explorer. The game obviously has write access to create the save files at all, and it has the ability to delete those saves when I tell it to on the loading screen.

As for further troubleshooting, I could easily disable GOG cloud-syncing which would probably solve the problem for me, but that wouldn't help anybody else who encounters this issue & wants cloud-syncing, so I'm perfectly happy to help you troubleshoot more. But Discord?? I hate Discord.... It's the worst-designed interface I ever saw in a chat program. If that's the only way you're willing to continue, my help ends here because I won't install that POS again. Almost any other method would be acceptable to me, though. Skype, TS3, GOG chat, TeamViewer, email, phone... lol
robitstudios: The files you deleted that returned must be due to cloud sync.

Everytime you save the game it saves a copy of the game with a time stamp, verifies it and then deletes the old one. Maybe there is some sort of read/write access issue preventing them from being deleted?

ViperLancer: Shouldn't be any permission issues. I can copy/delete the files without issue through Windows Explorer. The game obviously has write access to create the save files at all, and it has the ability to delete those saves when I tell it to on the loading screen.

As for further troubleshooting, I could easily disable GOG cloud-syncing which would probably solve the problem for me, but that wouldn't help anybody else who encounters this issue & wants cloud-syncing, so I'm perfectly happy to help you troubleshoot more. But Discord?? I hate Discord.... It's the worst-designed interface I ever saw in a chat program. If that's the only way you're willing to continue, my help ends here because I won't install that POS again. Almost any other method would be acceptable to me, though. Skype, TS3, GOG chat, TeamViewer, email, phone... lol
You can email me at stephen@robitgames.com. Thanks for the help!
Post edited February 09, 2018 by robitstudios
ViperLancer: Shouldn't be any permission issues. I can copy/delete the files without issue through Windows Explorer. The game obviously has write access to create the save files at all, and it has the ability to delete those saves when I tell it to on the loading screen.

robitstudios: You can email me at stephen@robitgames.com. Thanks for the help!
Emailed you 45 minutes ago. It didn't go into your junk folder, did it? XD
robitstudios: You can email me at stephen@robitgames.com. Thanks for the help!
ViperLancer: Emailed you 45 minutes ago. It didn't go into your junk folder, did it? XD
I got it and replied. Did it go to your junk folder? :P
ViperLancer: Emailed you 45 minutes ago. It didn't go into your junk folder, did it? XD
robitstudios: I got it and replied. Did it go to your junk folder? :P
Haha, it was but on the server level. It never came through to my Outlook. Will continue there. :)