It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A whole new epic quest line spanning 4 acts, accompanied by 15 additional side quests, new weapons, enemies, and more. Titan Quest: Eternal Embers is now available on GOG.COM along with a 10% discount that will last until 10th December 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
rjbuffchix: Thanks for the confirmation. Well, it is one of those gray areas where the user has to determine if they mind it or not, though I agree the more dependencies they are in something like this tends to risk a similar effect to DRM in the future. Also as probably obvious, for anyone else reading too, my original comment here should say "the previous version *without* controller support".
nightcraw1er.488: So I just reinstalled with version 9, and that only has discord (which can be removed) and gog galaxy spyware on, so this has purposefully been added to version 10b. I see that there is a new version out 10c, I don’t know if that helps any. Frankly I am sick and tired of spyware being pushed into offline installers, it’s every release now we go through this. No changelog, no option to download previous versions. I was thinking about laying my boycott of gog, but it’s clear they just don’t care at all about what gets pushed out, and even THQ are at it now. If someone does use 10c, can they confirm if steam/epic spyware was removed? Me I will hang onto the last working copy.
Just curious, what does the spyware even do anyway? Send game statistics back, like playing time, amount of time spent in a level, etc? It is off-putting regardless of how little or lot it sends, of course. Honestly, I never like when games even have ads in the menu for DLC etc!

As for boycotting, I have discussed my stance of only buying must-haves, and practically speaking considering buying offline installers while we are still able. New release Mechajammer seems like it will be getting reworked a lot compared to the initial release; so people who do like it as it is should make sure to buy it now or lose the chance.

It would do a lot for consumer goodwill if Epic spyware was kept out of GOG, Galaxy spyware was kept out of GOG, DRM was removed from Cyberpunk cosmetic content (seriously, how can there be any excuse for this when it's "their own" game essentially).
Not something everybody might be able to do but in situations like this it certainly pays off having a completely offline machine around.

Even if that weren't the case - just putting all those bloat/spyware services on ye olde blacklist of your firewall does the trick as well. Not the ideal solution (which would be if all this crap wasn't included in the first place) but at least it's a solution.
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: So I just reinstalled with version 9, and that only has discord (which can be removed) and gog galaxy spyware on, so this has purposefully been added to version 10b. I see that there is a new version out 10c, I don’t know if that helps any. Frankly I am sick and tired of spyware being pushed into offline installers, it’s every release now we go through this. No changelog, no option to download previous versions. I was thinking about laying my boycott of gog, but it’s clear they just don’t care at all about what gets pushed out, and even THQ are at it now. If someone does use 10c, can they confirm if steam/epic spyware was removed? Me I will hang onto the last working copy.
rjbuffchix: Just curious, what does the spyware even do anyway? Send game statistics back, like playing time, amount of time spent in a level, etc? It is off-putting regardless of how little or lot it sends, of course. Honestly, I never like when games even have ads in the menu for DLC etc!

As for boycotting, I have discussed my stance of only buying must-haves, and practically speaking considering buying offline installers while we are still able. New release Mechajammer seems like it will be getting reworked a lot compared to the initial release; so people who do like it as it is should make sure to buy it now or lose the chance.

It would do a lot for consumer goodwill if Epic spyware was kept out of GOG, Galaxy spyware was kept out of GOG, DRM was removed from Cyberpunk cosmetic content (seriously, how can there be any excuse for this when it's "their own" game essentially).
TBH I don’t know, I haven’t checked. All I checked was wether the gog version works without those files, it doesn’t, you can only remove the discord ones. Otherwise it says you are not authorised to run TQ. As these are not present in the previous version, I have removed 10b, and will not go near any future updates. There is absolutely no reason to leave dlls for various platforms in there and required, it’s simply lazy. Afraid I don’t have time now to check 10c (latest patch) as I am running my fixed timepoint backup (yes, you need to have these as gog cannot be trusted, and installer updates break, add galaxy spyware, or remove content, with no changelog or option to access previous versions, as in this case).
rjbuffchix: Why do we (apparently) need to choose between "controller support + telemetry" or the previous version with controller support?

https://www.gog.com/forum/titan_quest_anniversary_edition/is_eos_epic_online_services_in_the_gog_version_of_titans_quest
nightcraw1er.488: Yes, you can see update on that thread, titan quest does not run without those dll’s, so you are locked to it. I will likely roll back to an earlier version which somehow just worked without all these extra requirements and dependencies, who would have thought that was possible!!
strange, the posts I see in the linked thread suggest that ihey aren't needed
Post edited December 06, 2021 by DerBesserwisser
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: Yes, you can see update on that thread, titan quest does not run without those dll’s, so you are locked to it. I will likely roll back to an earlier version which somehow just worked without all these extra requirements and dependencies, who would have thought that was possible!!
DerBesserwisser: strange, the posts I see in the linked thread suggest that ihey aren't needed
They are not needed, nor is GOG galaxy ones or the discord ones. Unfortunately THQ have taken the steps to make them required. In the previous version there was the GOG galaxy ones and the discord ones, you could delete the discord ones, but not the galaxy ones-game just would start at all. In the new update 10b (not seen 10c), discord, galaxy, steam, and epic are now all present and only discord ones can be removed. If you remove the epic ones then at launch you get a box stating you are not authorised to use this product (probably part of the epic drm system). Essentially, even at best case and these are just dead ends, then it is extremely lazy by the devs to leave all requirements in all builds, at worse it’s installing spyware on your machine. GOG store is not epic or steam store, it does not need these links as the previous version clearly shows.

Doesn’t look like GOG or THQ are going to bother answering this though. Anyone have the latest update and can confirm if it contains these folders in install location/THQNordicOnline??
DerBesserwisser: strange, the posts I see in the linked thread suggest that ihey aren't needed
nightcraw1er.488: They are not needed, nor is GOG galaxy ones or the discord ones. Unfortunately THQ have taken the steps to make them required. In the previous version there was the GOG galaxy ones and the discord ones, you could delete the discord ones, but not the galaxy ones-game just would start at all. In the new update 10b (not seen 10c), discord, galaxy, steam, and epic are now all present and only discord ones can be removed. If you remove the epic ones then at launch you get a box stating you are not authorised to use this product (probably part of the epic drm system). Essentially, even at best case and these are just dead ends, then it is extremely lazy by the devs to leave all requirements in all builds, at worse it’s installing spyware on your machine. GOG store is not epic or steam store, it does not need these links as the previous version clearly shows.

Doesn’t look like GOG or THQ are going to bother answering this though. Anyone have the latest update and can confirm if it contains these folders in install location/THQNordicOnline??
Well I do have the 2.10c version and can confirm that the folders and dlls are there. I also tried to delete them and only left the ones on gog subdir, and the game started OK with no errors. I could start single player game and could also list online games (did not try to join any, tough). I did not see any message "you are not authorized".
nightcraw1er.488: They are not needed, nor is GOG galaxy ones or the discord ones. Unfortunately THQ have taken the steps to make them required. In the previous version there was the GOG galaxy ones and the discord ones, you could delete the discord ones, but not the galaxy ones-game just would start at all. In the new update 10b (not seen 10c), discord, galaxy, steam, and epic are now all present and only discord ones can be removed. If you remove the epic ones then at launch you get a box stating you are not authorised to use this product (probably part of the epic drm system). Essentially, even at best case and these are just dead ends, then it is extremely lazy by the devs to leave all requirements in all builds, at worse it’s installing spyware on your machine. GOG store is not epic or steam store, it does not need these links as the previous version clearly shows.

esanchis: Well I do have the 2.10c version and can confirm that the folders and dlls are there. I also tried to delete them and only left the ones on gog subdir, and the game started OK with no errors. I could start single player game and could also list online games (did not try to join any, tough). I did not see any message "you are not authorized".
Ok, I just downloaded version 10c. You are correct, this version you can remove all the folders in THQNordicOnline except gog and it does indeed launch. So it seems they have fixed the issue in the latest release.

Just goes to show, all this could have been avoided by simple effort of providing a changelog!

Anyways, fixed for now. Be ever vigilant though, it will come round again.