It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's about forking time!

Ransome Unbeeped is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
He may not be handsome, but he's *beeping* Ransome! The potty-mouthed clown of Thimbleweed Park, who's consistently amusing but never amused, is finally getting un-censored in this very unwholesome DLC. Let his mouth run wild, unrestrained by those annoying *beeping* sounds, which were added in a misguided effort to preserve his political correctness.
A fool's errand, that was.
Clicking on the link in text sends me to https://www.gog.com/games?sort=popularity&page=1 instead of product page. GoG fixe pls.
I think I got stupider reading the description (on the game page)

it's kind of dick to make people pay for this, just make it an option in the game
Post edited March 01, 2018 by drealmer7
Is this a story DLC?

Or are we supposed to pay for an uncensor patch now?

Could someone please enlighten me, thanks a lot!
Anime-BlackWolf: Is this a story DLC?

Or are we supposed to pay for an uncensor patch now?

Could someone please enlighten me, thanks a lot!
If I'm reading it correctly, it's just uncensored audio (subs still censored)
high rated
drealmer7: I think I got stupider reading the description (on the game page)

it's kind of dick to make people pay for this, just make it an option in the game
That certainly is a strange DLC. So much so, it makes me wonder if it's some sort of elaborate joke by the devs. Like a parody of the modern day video games industry, and their business tactics.
drealmer7: I think I got stupider reading the description (on the game page)

CharlesGrey: That certainly is a strange DLC. So much so, it makes me wonder if it's some sort of elaborate joke by the devs. Like a parody of the modern day video games industry, and their business tactics.
A joke priced $1.99 ?
But seriusly what is this?
I am really intrigued, I will have to admit.
high rated
You are *beep*ing kidding me, right?
CharlesGrey: That certainly is a strange DLC. So much so, it makes me wonder if it's some sort of elaborate joke by the devs. Like a parody of the modern day video games industry, and their business tactics.
bhrigu: A joke priced $1.99 ?
But seriusly what is this?
I am really intrigued, I will have to admit.
Why not? They could have gone for an even higher price point, to really drive the point home. :D

I mean, DLCs by other devs/publishers are often no less ridiculous, and more expensive, and yet people still play along with it, because they want the "complete experience", or because they just have too much money to spend.
Has April's Fools arrived one month early this year?
Wow, I thought that paid decensoring DLCs are just a thing for lewd weeb games.
This is a new low.

*removes Thimbleweeb Park from wishlist*

Edit: So when this is a joke, what happens to the money of the people that actually bought it for some strange reason?
Post edited March 01, 2018 by Klumpen0815
First reaction: WOW, I did not know that the devs were working on more content for this awesome game

...3 seconds later....

$2 FOR ADDED INSULTS IN THE AUDIO FILES ???
Post edited March 01, 2018 by Pawel1995
high rated
The question whether swearing is strictly speaking necessary has been on Ron Gilbert's mind ever since it was nixed for Maniac Mansion. Personally, I find it hilarious how some countries, mostly the big one, struggle with the occasional curse. But here I am, contemplating whether to buy this DLC, and...

...Ransome was cuntwankfucking hilarious bleeped. I'm not sure I want to hear him unbleeped!
Ransome's lawyer spoke in unbleeped actual bleeps, how is that still hilarious if Ransome isn't bleeped any more?

Yeah, the way Gilbert's doing this is... very, very strange and irresistibly intriguing.

Damn, I hope this rip off pays off for him. ;)

And he never gave a flying fuck about some people who he offended, ever, people who don't get the joke and never even tried. Thimbleweed Park is 19.99 € over here, plus DLC is 21.98 €, that is an absurd steal for this class of adventure game. IF you want the DLC added, which, I'll gladly repeat, will NOT constitute the ultimate, authoritative, canon, complete, director's cut, uncut, uncensored, politically incorrect, what have you version of this game.

I have no idea whether the curse DLC is a fitting parody of any business practices in the game industry. But I do know that the people now whining about having to pay for an "uncensored" version of the game have either never played Thimbleweed Park or never understood it.
Post edited March 01, 2018 by Vainamoinen
It's hard, when you don't want to lose respect for one of your childhood heroes. I understand that some hardcore fans wanted this DLC. Still, de facto this makes the game cost more if you want to play it uncensored. And of course, it only applies to the English version.
I think this is so pointless in the form of a DLC instead than a language option (English/Uncensored English/French/and so on).
And, will the "go bleep yourself" joke be lost?
Post edited March 01, 2018 by Dogmaus
I have seen more atrocious stuff* this year on GOG, but yeah: It's an odd choice for paid DLC to say the least...

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II - Shining Pom Bait Value Set 2
Description
About: This pack contains 6 consumable baits that, when used, will lure out an elusive Shining Pom. Defeating these rare creatures in battle will reward a massive amount of EXP, helping your party reach new heights. Once used, they will disappear from your inventory. Save now when you buy in bulk!
This is value set 2 of 2. Both of these packs contain the same 6 consumable items to help you level up.