It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

They Are Billions is now available DRM-free. Get it 20% off until September 6th, 1pm UTC.

They Are Billions is a steampunk strategy game set on a post-apocalyptic planet. Build and defend colonies to survive against the billions of the infected that seek to annihilate the few remaining living humans. Can humanity survive after the zombie apocalypse?
falloutttt: Wishlisted!

But I hear that you can't save game at anytime. I don't like the sound of that. :(
DerBesserwisser: That is true, unfortunately (the games saves automatically at some points and it saves when you leave the current game) - but imho, it would brake parts of the game mechanic if one could save at any point in time.

In a thread in the steam forums]a thread in the steam forums (https://steamcommunity.com/app/644930/discussions/0/1479856439047111029/) one of the devs stated that they would give out free gog keys for those who already bought it on steam - anybody knows wether this is really the case ?
Thanks for the info! :)
QWEEDDYZ: That only for backers (key from devs site or humble) and Steam EA buyers.
I am steam EA buyer, so i hope they will keep their word :). They dont have to fo course, but it would be nice :).
Fairfox:
Mafwek: You know what's funny? I was only joking when I said that, but then after me come guys like Matruchus and start posting bad reviews for real. And these reviews are hilariously subjective and arbitrary!

Game looks alright, might get it after I found time for it.
As I said in my review. The game is good in survival but it's really bad when it comes to a campaign.

Survival mode represents less then 1/4 of this game and the campaign the other 3/4. So its really important if the campaign is good or not.

Basically look at it this way. Would you play Spellforce 3 or Spellforce 3 Soul Harvest campaign if it only consisted out of skirmish maps without any story, any narrative, heroes without any abilities (basically just like a bit stronger normal soldier). Heck if there was something like a Tanya or Yuri in TBS people would be really happy. Basically in the game you never interact with anybody. There is never a surprise hidden for you somewhere on the map. You never find another base survivors or anything. Its just zombie wave after a zombie wave. And that's basically the whole game. And you know what you have to do every single time. Build up base the same way you did in every previous map, survive the waves, maybe destroy a few zombie infested buildings, get to the number of citizens the mission demands from you and voila you have won. The problem with the number of citizens needed on some maps is that you are forced to play after you defeated all the zombies waves + plus zombies on the map until you reach the needed number. And at that point the whole map will be filled with tents.

Some people might like RTS games without any story line but a lot of us don't. I think its fair if people get warned about the lack of a real campaign.

There also several other problems with the game I could have mentioned but gog reviews are severely limited by length. And yes every review is indeed subjective.

Edit: Also what I didn't mention in the review and might be a very big deal breaker for some people is lack of saves, meaning that one zombie gets past your defenses (finds an invisible hole somewhere) and you have automatically lost the game if you don't have a whole army around the building that gets attacked by zombie, cause that buildings spawn a small hord of zombies. And like a domino falls, everything is over soon.
Post edited September 03, 2019 by Matruchus
Matruchus:
Sigh... Brood War is not still played because of it's campaign, C&C titles aren't still played because of it's campaign, Age of Empires 2 isn't still played because of it's campaign...

Campaign of RTS games are weakest element of the genre, and I can criticize them from the perspective of both gameplay and narrative, as well as objectively and subjectively. If you are interested in RTS campaigns, I am not gonna stop you, it's your right but you have very superficial interest in the genre.
How campaign survival can be worse than weekly or standard survival? You -and all of negative reviewers- say nonsense.
Some lements must be changed. Hero for all type of missions (for 800%, at least on some lst one of rts missions)(and for all horde). Always available few soldiers for hero missions, Always some active ability.

And fully multiplayer features. Co-op, versus, and Steam\Galaxy Leaderbords (not just ingame).

Reserch points must be available for each mission. For some first - wood defense and wood defense upgrades. For latest - latest research without some first. Or make all >14k points achievable in campaign. But that can be cheated - not so importatnt (same as hero perks).
Post edited September 03, 2019 by QWEEDDYZ
Matruchus: I sent an email to the devs about this. I'm waiting for their answer at the moment.
Sir.Tomato: Could you please make us aware if anything happens? Thank you in advance :).
I asked Gomez - the dev rep on Steam about this and he said that they will honor their pledge for a gog key but it will take some time before they can do it.
Post edited September 09, 2019 by Matruchus
Sir.Tomato: Could you please make us aware if anything happens? Thank you in advance :).
Matruchus: I asked Gomez - the dev rep on Steam about this and he said that they will honor their pledge for a gog key but it will take some time before they can do it.
thanks.

In the linked steam community thread one user already reported that he got a link. Do you know whether they know about gog connect ? Could be a nice opportunity to bring this back in peoples minds (if it still exists).
Update: i just received a key, many thanks to Numantian Games. You guys are awesome!

Gracias!! :)

Matruchus: I asked Gomez - the dev rep on Steam about this and he said that they will honor their pledge for a gog key but it will take some time before they can do it.
DerBesserwisser: thanks.

In the linked steam community thread one user already reported that he got a link. Do you know whether they know about gog connect ? Could be a nice opportunity to bring this back in peoples minds (if it still exists).
I asked for Connect but got no answer, sorry. Maybe They Are Bill...Trying, i mean ;)
Post edited September 09, 2019 by Kakarot96
Kakarot96: Update: i just received a key, many thanks to Numantian Games. You guys are awesome!

Yeah, the devs sent emails out after I asked Gomez Numatian games moderator on Steam.

I can confirm I got an email with gog key from the developers.
Matruchus: I sent an email to the devs about this. I'm waiting for their answer at the moment.
Same, received email with gog key.
Post edited September 09, 2019 by Matruchus
Kakarot96: Update: i just received a key, many thanks to Numantian Games. You guys are awesome!

Matruchus: Yeah, the devs sent emails out after I asked Gomez Numatian games moderator on Steam.

Matruchus: I can confirm I got an email with gog key from the developers.
Matruchus: Same, received email with gog key.
I got key too. Thank you devs and respect!!! :P. Thanks to you too Matruchus for contacting them directly :).
Also sent a request yesterday evening and got a reply with an activation code this morning.

@Numantion Games: Thanks a lot !!