It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Witch's House MV is now available DRM-free. Get it 20% off until May 2nd, 1pm UTC.

A young girl, Viola, is drawn inexorably to a mysterious manor that seems to change behind her back. It is a place of pain, turmoil and death. Plumb its detestable depths and abominable history. Untangle riddles that bar your perilous path. And flee the hellish halls of The Witch’s House.
koima57: Nice to see classic RPG maker games...
Lucumo: Classic? It's only seven years old. For me, classics are something like Vampires Dawn which came out ten years before that.
The Witch's House is still a bit wet behind the ears hehe but i say classics for RPGMaker most renowned offerings taking the move out of fandom to commercial, as remakes or just to support their author such as Yume Nikki (2000), Eternal Eden (2008), Misao (2011).
Post edited April 26, 2019 by koima57
Zoidberg: Don't worry, I'll just ignore your posts from now on. Cheers.
SirPrimalform: Ok, take care!

p.s. You may not have noticed, but my first post in the thread was a serious answer to your question. I only took off on the path of pedantry because you complained I apparently didn't answer your question.
No, you did not.

"Post edited Yesterday by SirPrimalform"
Post edited April 26, 2019 by Zoidberg
Lucumo: Classic? It's only seven years old. For me, classics are something like Vampires Dawn which came out ten years before that.
koima57: The Witch's House is still a bit wet behind the ears hehe but i say classics for RPGMaker most renowned offerings taking the move out of fandom to commercial, as remakes or just to support their author such as Yume Nikki (2000), Eternal Eden (2008), Misao (2011).
Somewhat aside, I definitely prefer donations to the author over making a title fully commercial (just like with mods). Having money in the equation always changes things which is kinda sad to see, especially when one comes (like me) from the old days of freeware, large friendly communities etc.
SirPrimalform: Ok, take care!

p.s. You may not have noticed, but my first post in the thread was a serious answer to your question. I only took off on the path of pedantry because you complained I apparently didn't answer your question.
Zoidberg: No, you did not.

"Post edited Yesterday by SirPrimalform"
It definitely answered your question, as you asked if it was a remake. I said that the original game was freeware rather than f2p, ergo yes the game is a remake. Your question wss answered with a small correction, but I definitely answered your question.

I'm not sure of the relevance if the edit, that was a 5 minute later at most edit to add wikipedia links. You can see the edit predates your reply by the fact that it's exactly the same in the quote in your reply.
koima57: The Witch's House is still a bit wet behind the ears hehe but i say classics for RPGMaker most renowned offerings taking the move out of fandom to commercial, as remakes or just to support their author such as Yume Nikki (2000), Eternal Eden (2008), Misao (2011).
Lucumo: Somewhat aside, I definitely prefer donations to the author over making a title fully commercial (just like with mods). Having money in the equation always changes things which is kinda sad to see, especially when one comes (like me) from the old days of freeware, large friendly communities etc.
I agree, tough in the end there are few really worthy RPGmaker projects deserving of money and those usually have their author either silent, Japanese or setting a Patreon for unfinished projects taking years of lazy updates...

I believe the best achievement as a game maker must be to have a finished (playable, hopefully balanced) game. Then to have it played, then to have it appreciated. To make some money of one's passion past this point might be the best scenario all things considered, plus the price for the best 2d rpgmaker games normally don't go over 10-15's which is cool.
Lucumo: Somewhat aside, I definitely prefer donations to the author over making a title fully commercial (just like with mods). Having money in the equation always changes things which is kinda sad to see, especially when one comes (like me) from the old days of freeware, large friendly communities etc.
koima57: I agree, tough in the end there are few really worthy RPGmaker projects deserving of money and those usually have their author either silent, Japanese or setting a Patreon for unfinished projects taking years of lazy updates...

I believe the best achievement as a game maker must be to have a finished (playable, hopefully balanced) game. Then to have it played, then to have it appreciated. To make some money of one's passion past this point might be the best scenario all things considered, plus the price for the best 2d rpgmaker games normally don't go over 10-15's which is cool.
Hehe, you likely don't know the German community. It used to be really large in the RPG Maker 2000/2003/XP days and the most prominent game (Vampires Dawn which I mentioned earlier) got more games in the series, commercial novels eventually (and even a movie was announced but never came to fruition) and is currently running a crowdfunding campaign for VD3 which sits at ~50000€ (not much of a fan of the visual in this case though and it will apparently be released on Steam for money too, rather than be freeware).

Pretty much. Creating a game in the engine can serve as a good entry point into game development in general. Without the commercialization these days, they were usually passion projects, created to test your skills, tell a story etc. Back in the day, a friend and I created a video (basically just scripted events only) in the game engine which showed (humorously) a day in the life of one of our friends. It was really funny. That's pretty much how it went in general. Even the more ambitious projects never expected to get any monetary return and what they got via donations was just something on the side. If you put a barrier in front of your game and commercialize it, it better be good, polished etc etc. This is only very rarely the case, so a donation-only or pay-what-you-want approach seems way more sensible to me. For instance, I would never pay 12.49€ for this game. As mentioned on the first page, it's pretty short comparatively, it's extremely liniar and it's basically just puzzle followed by puzzle followed by puzzle, room after room after room. Chucking five bucks at it at most would seem pretty fair to me, especially considering that there are more interesting projects out there, even in the horror genre where the horror is not as straightforward as here.