It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do robots dream of a higher purpose?

<span class="bold">The Signal From T&ouml;lva</span>, an open-world first-person shooter about robots fighting for claim over a desolate world, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com!

There is a distant wasteland of a planet, a place where robotic explorers roam among the fascinating remnants of an ancient civilization, searching for a signal's source. Unable to resist the urge, you send a drone to the hazardous surface of Tölva. Conflict, danger, and breathtaking vistas await you there. But when the truth finally reveals itself, will you be prepared for it?

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VDFsfCewDtk?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited April 10, 2017 by maladr0Id
mintee: hmm, the trailer with the voiced walkthru made it seem really non immersive, and sort of boring, with a great concept like this I cant understand why. anyone play it yet and are you having fun?
Mh, I've had my share of fun. It's an exploration game, first and foremost, with a bit of robo-biffing and upgrading on the side. I don't regret the purchase, but you probably should consider the following points:

It's a bit like NMS in that you're thrown on a planet with little direction beyond "help the surveyor bots and scan things for info". Hell, it even looks pretty similar to some of the planets I've landed on in that game (sadly, sans the giant wrecks strewn around...). You spend most of the time tromping through the tundra, looking at strange things and pondering where to go next.
If you don't have a sense of wonder to appreciate the alien landscape (complete with half-buried wrecks, giant metal skeletons and other awesome-looking floatsam), you probably won't enjoy it.
It's not really heavy on the action or a hardcore survival sim. It's a walking sim that happens to have some nice shooting on the side.

It's also rather short. A playthrough will take between 6-10 hours, and then that's it. The map is static, the skirmishes between bot factions mostly concentrated on the last area. There's also no free roam after the game ends (the why of which is pretty clear once you've seen the endings themselves...).
vonHardenberg: It's a walking sim that happens to have some nice shooting on the side.
Yeah thats probalbly the best way to describe it. One should not expect complex gameplay, story, rpg elements, npc interaction, lore, whatsoever. The game mechanics are really really simple, too simple for my taste.
mintee: hmm, the trailer with the voiced walkthru made it seem really non immersive, and sort of boring, with a great concept like this I cant understand why. anyone play it yet and are you having fun?
vonHardenberg: Mh, I've had my share of fun. It's an exploration game, first and foremost, with a bit of robo-biffing and upgrading on the side. I don't regret the purchase, but you probably should consider the following points:

It's a bit like NMS in that you're thrown on a planet with little direction beyond "help the surveyor bots and scan things for info". Hell, it even looks pretty similar to some of the planets I've landed on in that game (sadly, sans the giant wrecks
~snip
thanks, I dont mind exploration games :)