It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do robots dream of a higher purpose?

<span class="bold">The Signal From T&ouml;lva</span>, an open-world first-person shooter about robots fighting for claim over a desolate world, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com!

There is a distant wasteland of a planet, a place where robotic explorers roam among the fascinating remnants of an ancient civilization, searching for a signal's source. Unable to resist the urge, you send a drone to the hazardous surface of Tölva. Conflict, danger, and breathtaking vistas await you there. But when the truth finally reveals itself, will you be prepared for it?

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VDFsfCewDtk?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited April 10, 2017 by maladr0Id
This game looks incredibly fun, I had no idea it was going to be released so soon!!!

I don't know who picks the categorization, GOG or the developers, but I am thinking it is GOG because when I was looking at some info from the developers they were treating it like it is a FPS (or rather, a FPS++), not an action adventure game.

ya why anyone is comparing this to no man's sky is beyond me, like, are we looking at the same thing????
Post edited April 10, 2017 by drealmer7
I liked the fact that the trailer has no music; it sends you directly into the action. Looks cool. Wishlisted for now.
Signal established. I'm going in.
Wishlisted for now. Seems interesting, but too vague at the moment.
low rated
Right the vagina shooter, I'm curious to hear if it's any good.
That looks like a unity game; have the devs mentioned plans for a linux port?
PainOfSalvation: Recommended system requirements - 16 GB RAM? Ouch.
The rest of the requirements seem equally extreme. I'm holding off on buying this until I can read some reports about performance.
I reassure you that you aren't the only one who thinks some requirement specs are getting a bit out of hand these days.

It's even more interesting if you look at the size of the installer listed on the game page: "Size: 567 MB" . So it needs all that 16GB of RAM for... what exactly?
Post edited April 10, 2017 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: I reassure you that you aren't the only one who thinks some specs are getting a bit out of hand these days.

It's even more interesting if you look at the size of the installer listed on the game page: "Size: 567 MB" . So it needs all that 16GB of RAM for... what exactly?
Installation size and memory usage are not necessarily connected in any way. Given that the developer describes the game as being driven by lots of autonomous AI agents, I'm guessing the memory is used to keep track of their calculations and data.
Wishbone: Installation size and memory usage are not necessarily connected in any way. Given that the developer describes the game as being driven by lots of autonomous AI agents, I'm guessing the memory is used to keep track of their calculations and data.
I get that, though I would argue that in most cases there is a link between the two. The difference usually stems from dynamically or procedurally generated content, or, as you've mentioned, a lot of in-game variables to track, but 16GB is steep even for some of the more complex machine learning & AI algorithms you can imagine being used in a game.

I'm also looking forward to see any gameplay reviews. The concept is interesting enough, but I wouldn't be able to run it if these requirements are not exaggerated.
Well it's a strange day, many people are talking about the amount of ram recommended (16GB), but I haven't see any 32 bit user complaining about the fact that this game is 64bit only ;)
Sarasa: Well it's a strange day, many people are talking about the amount of ram recommended (16GB), but I haven't see any 32 bit user complaining about the fact that this game is 64bit only ;)
Given that 32bit Windows can address at most 4GB of RAM altogether, that's sort of a superfluous question ;-)
revelatordx: That looks like a unity game; have the devs mentioned plans for a linux port?
I just read this article.
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/the-signal-from-tlva-the-new-open-world-fps-from-big-robot-may-still-come-to-linux.9492

If the developers are reading this, count me in when a Linux version is released. I will be retiring my Windows 7 AMD FX computer soon and building a Linux Mint 18 AMD Ryzen computer.
revelatordx: That looks like a unity game; have the devs mentioned plans for a linux port?
jalister: I just read this article.
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/the-signal-from-tlva-the-new-open-world-fps-from-big-robot-may-still-come-to-linux.9492

If the developers are reading this, count me in when a Linux version is released. I will be retiring my Windows 7 AMD FX computer soon and building a Linux Mint 18 AMD Ryzen computer.
Nice! I'll hold off until then, though.
low rated
people complaining about the requirements are ridiculous

I haven't updated my computer in about 8 years and it meets/slightly exceeds the minimum requirements (I have 12GB ram, have for 8 years, and it was relatively cheap even back then.) You either have a computer that is for gaming, or you don't, if you don't, then don't complain about not being able to play games that are in large worlds with beautiful graphics that have a lot going on in them (did you look at the game and see what goes on in it?) DUH!
Post edited April 10, 2017 by drealmer7