It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A single spark of courage can ignite the fires of hope.

<span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>, a stylish action-adventure chronicling one man's fight for revenge in Nazi-occupied France, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 50% launch discount.

Sabotage really is an underappreciated art. Not only does it require copious amounts of creativity, street smarts, patience, and bravado, it can also help oppressed people survive an occupation long enough until the time is ripe to fight back. Racecar mechanic Sean Devlin wasn't planning on becoming a saboteur, but when his best friend gets killed by a sadistic German officer, he finds himself joining the French resistance, willing to cause some mayhem and avenge his buddy's death in the process. As he's running across rooftops, engaging in shootouts, and blowing up enemy assets, the black and white Parisian districts will gradually get more colorful, signifying the locals' growing confidence against the receding oppressors. Vive la résistance!

Work the streets and shadows of Paris and push back the German occupation forces in <span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 50% discount will last until September 29, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FgvgAY74c_Y
Post edited September 22, 2016 by maladr0Id
flclafi: I have the same issue, tried compatibility mode and running it as administrator but that didn't work either.

EDIT: Is this a common issue? I've seen 2 posts for this issue but never any responses to it.
omega64: Are you setting the Hz setting higher than 60?
If so don't. That apparently resets it back to default.
I can't set it at all, the videosetup.exe crash makes it toatally inaccecable.
flclafi: I can't set it at all, the videosetup.exe crash makes it toatally inaccecable.
Create the setting manually.

Go here: ..Documents\My Games\The Saboteur™\SaveGames\ (or create the last 2 folders if they are not there)

In Save Games create a txt-file and name it config.ini and open it and write accordingly:

DisplayProfile 2
ScreenWidth 1920
ScreenHeight 1080
TextureQuality 3
SliceQuality 2
ClipRange 3
ObjectQuality 2
RainDensity 75
Shadows 1
RefreshRate 60
PostProcessing 1
VSync 1

That's highest eye candy but remember to choose your own resolution if you want to use something else. You could also make the file read-only in case it crashes for any reason, reverting it to default state with a different refresh rate.
babtouDeter: Hi, I can't modify video settings : "saboteur video setup has stopped working " :( and video settings patch already applied , I don't know what to do...
flclafi: I have the same issue, tried compatibility mode and running it as administrator but that didn't work either.

EDIT: Is this a common issue? I've seen 2 posts for this issue but never any responses to it.
finally I managed to run "VideoSetup..exe" after installing an older version of DirectX following this link [url=]https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/download/details.aspx?id=35[/url].
and sorry for my bad english.

and don't set refresh rate higher than 85hz otherwise the game will be at 800x600.
Post edited September 26, 2016 by babtouDeter
flclafi: I can't set it at all, the videosetup.exe crash makes it toatally inaccecable.
Nirth: Create the setting manually.

Go here: ..Documents\My Games\The Saboteur™\SaveGames\ (or create the last 2 folders if they are not there)

In Save Games create a txt-file and name it config.ini and open it and write accordingly:

DisplayProfile 2
ScreenWidth 1920
ScreenHeight 1080
TextureQuality 3
SliceQuality 2
ClipRange 3
ObjectQuality 2
RainDensity 75
Shadows 1
RefreshRate 60
PostProcessing 1
VSync 1

That's highest eye candy but remember to choose your own resolution if you want to use something else. You could also make the file read-only in case it crashes for any reason, reverting it to default state with a different refresh rate.
Thank you, that seemed to have worked.
Now does anyone know how to unlock the Nazi Knife DLC, I was able to do it on the Origin version because it had a launcher. How do you get it on the GOG version?
I have win10x64 and I75820k 3.30. the game doesn't start. I've tryed with taskassign and nothhing. can anyone help pls?
armitom: For those wondering to activate the knife DLC (a special knife killing animation if you hold down the E button) nothing special, you have to use this cheat.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/955009-the-saboteur/cheats
Did you actually activate the knife? if so where do you have to open the code entry with F4?
traiand: I have win10x64 and I75820k 3.30. the game doesn't start. I've tryed with taskassign and nothhing. can anyone help pls?
Try disabling visual themes, desktop composition and/or some compatibility setting.
armitom: For those wondering to activate the knife DLC (a special knife killing animation if you hold down the E button) nothing special, you have to use this cheat.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/955009-the-saboteur/cheats
flclafi: Did you actually activate the knife? if so where do you have to open the code entry with F4?
Unfortunately you cant on the GOG version it seems, to activate the console you have to do it in the games launcher (small window that opens while you are still in your desktop before the main menu)
But GOG doesn't have the game launcher!! It just stars the game automatically

Honestly though you are not missing much, its just 1 animation, and it gets the job done as fast and as efficiently as the normal ones.
flclafi: Did you actually activate the knife? if so where do you have to open the code entry with F4?
armitom: Unfortunately you cant on the GOG version it seems, to activate the console you have to do it in the games launcher (small window that opens while you are still in your desktop before the main menu)

Honestly though you are not missing much, its just 1 animation, and it gets the job done as fast and as efficiently as the normal ones.
I know, I've used it on the Origin and the Xbox 360 version. It's a really awesome animation though. I was looking at the Animation text files in the game folder and there are lines written that say knifecuttthroat and stuff like that under the stealth category. So maybe there is still a way to activate it. Maybe GOG will figure something out.

EDIT: also if Origin saves work for the GOG version I could see if activating the knife and using that save works, I'll try it later.
Post edited September 27, 2016 by flclafi
armitom: Unfortunately you cant on the GOG version it seems, to activate the console you have to do it in the games launcher (small window that opens while you are still in your desktop before the main menu)

I got the knife to work! unfortunately though you need the Origin version. If you copy and paste the SaboteurLauncher.exe into the GOG version main directory and activate the knife code it unlocks it. To bad the GOG version doesn't just come with it.
deleted
Fairfox: It was not. Soonie-soon?
Unfortunately the cause wasn't the one I expected but something else entirely. I don't have proper ETA at this time.
Until this is resolved I asked for proper compatibility notice to be put on game card and anyone affected can request a refund via Support ticket.
Fairfox: It was not. Soonie-soon?
Thiev: Unfortunately the cause wasn't the one I expected but something else entirely. I don't have proper ETA at this time.
Until this is resolved I asked for proper compatibility notice to be put on game card and anyone affected can request a refund via Support ticket.
You may want to check that compatibility notice.

It says, "Please note that at the moment The Saboteur is not compatible with CPUs that have four or more physical cores".

Shouldn't that say something more like, "more than four"?

For example, it runs fine on my i5-2400 4-core CPU without needing to do any "affinity" stuff.
Thiev: Unfortunately the cause wasn't the one I expected but something else entirely. I don't have proper ETA at this time.
Martek: You may want to check that compatibility notice.

It says, "Please note that at the moment The Saboteur is not compatible with CPUs that have four or more physical cores".

Shouldn't that say something more like, "more than four"?

For example, it runs fine on my i5-2400 4-core CPU without needing to do any "affinity" stuff.
Yeah, the notice needs to be changed. The game runs fine for me and my CPU has 4-cores.