It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A single spark of courage can ignite the fires of hope.

<span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>, a stylish action-adventure chronicling one man's fight for revenge in Nazi-occupied France, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 50% launch discount.

Sabotage really is an underappreciated art. Not only does it require copious amounts of creativity, street smarts, patience, and bravado, it can also help oppressed people survive an occupation long enough until the time is ripe to fight back. Racecar mechanic Sean Devlin wasn't planning on becoming a saboteur, but when his best friend gets killed by a sadistic German officer, he finds himself joining the French resistance, willing to cause some mayhem and avenge his buddy's death in the process. As he's running across rooftops, engaging in shootouts, and blowing up enemy assets, the black and white Parisian districts will gradually get more colorful, signifying the locals' growing confidence against the receding oppressors. Vive la résistance!

Work the streets and shadows of Paris and push back the German occupation forces in <span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 50% discount will last until September 29, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FgvgAY74c_Y
Post edited September 22, 2016 by maladr0Id
I played it a bit now and find it nice that the game is also uncut for german customers. :D
Post edited September 23, 2016 by Silverhawk170485
deja65: This game was actually on Steam a long time ago.I missed it too,
was it actually sold on steam? i don't think so. if you'll say yes, can you link to a profile that has it?
deja65: This game was actually on Steam a long time ago.I missed it too,
GOGer: was it actually sold on steam? i don't think so. if you'll say yes, can you link to a profile that has it?
To be honest, i don't know how to link a previous post xD.If you have some spare time, just go back a couple of pages in this thread.Somebody has mentioned and linked the Steam product ID.Hope this helps a little ;).Cheers

Edit: Actually, just type Saboteur Steam into Google and it will show you the link for SteamDB which lists the game as *ownersonly*, which means it has been removed at some point(probably when EA gave birth to......*shrug*......*cough*....Origin*cough*, since it was an Origin exclusive until now.
Post edited September 23, 2016 by deja65
tremere110: The game even includes the Midnight Show DLC, which enables nudity. You just have to enable it in the options before you start a new game to... ahem, see everything. It's off by default.

Even with nudity off very little is left to the imagination.
musteriuz: Thanks for that info. If I stay in the room for long enough, will the game progress without me having to ogle the girls first? If I want to see nudity, I'll surf the web, I don't need it in my games.
I started the game yesterday and the nudity is indeed off by default. By as stated, you start out in a burlesque club which leaves little the imagination with or without patch. You'll have to spend some time at the pub in order to meet some quest givers, otherwise you're pretty much free to avoid the club for most of the game. The rest of the game is pretty tame (nudity wise) is far as I can remember.
Silverhawk170485: I played it a bit now and find it nice that the game is also uncut for german customers. :D
I bought it too, and will play it this weekend.
musteriuz: Thanks for that info. If I stay in the room for long enough, will the game progress without me having to ogle the girls first? If I want to see nudity, I'll surf the web, I don't need it in my games.
JMich: The game starts you in a cabaret, with a show going on in the background. Depending on when you visit the cabaret (it will be a safe house for quite some time), a show may or may not be taking place. Turning the nudity off at the options means there is a bit more fabric covering the girls.
As to ogling, you can do as much or as little as you want. Only place you may be doing more ogling than you'd like is when you are trying to win a specific car from the knife throwing contest, and that will depend on your skill at throwing knives.
ZwaanME: I started the game yesterday and the nudity is indeed off by default. By as stated, you start out in a burlesque club which leaves little the imagination with or without patch. You'll have to spend some time at the pub in order to meet some quest givers, otherwise you're pretty much free to avoid the club for most of the game. The rest of the game is pretty tame (nudity wise) is far as I can remember.
Thanks for the answers, I guess I'd rather err on the side of caution and skip this one then.
Post edited September 23, 2016 by musteriuz
miguelsanchez12: I looked & couldn't find an answer, did they fix the minimap bug that was apparent on the Origin version? I bought that & if you have it set to 1080p, the minimap's icons were offset to the side. If you brought the Res. down to 720 something or other, the icons would be where they should be.

I LOVE this game, had it on 360, built my computer, bought it on Origin & noticed the bug. This game has a million things on the map, so having them so far offset was maddening. Really hope the minimap is fully funtional here.
Thiev: Map bug has been fixed.
I saw! I caved & bought it last night & indeed the map icons seem to be where they are supposed too. Very cool to finally have that cleared up.

Another question, what resolution is this at & is there any way to change it? The Origin version had res. selection option & this doesnt and it seems a bit off. Any .ini to mess around with or something? The Origin version looked fantastic at 1080p, but had the map bug. This is a bit pixely & has the map restored. Trade offs in PC gaming I suppose, lol.

Still, I am super stoked to be back in Paris, assploding nazis again!
Thiev: Map bug has been fixed.
miguelsanchez12: I saw! I caved & bought it last night & indeed the map icons seem to be where they are supposed too. Very cool to finally have that cleared up.

Another question, what resolution is this at & is there any way to change it? The Origin version had res. selection option & this doesnt and it seems a bit off. Any .ini to mess around with or something? The Origin version looked fantastic at 1080p, but had the map bug. This is a bit pixely & has the map restored. Trade offs in PC gaming I suppose, lol.

Still, I am super stoked to be back in Paris, assploding nazis again!
Go to your Start menu for The Saboteur and you should see a "Video Settings" shortcut. Run that and you should be able to set your resolution :)
deja65: To be honest, i don't know how to link a previous post xD.
That's easy... Each post says "Posted N hours ago xx M" above it, where N is the number of minutes hours etc. ago, xx is a graphic chain link representing a hyperlink, and M is the number of the post within the thread. Simply right click on the chain link or the number following it and choose "copy link location" or however your web browser happens to word copying a link, then paste it into a post as-is.

HTH
while the mirrors edge is the more popular and hyped game, I think The Saboteur is the better game among this batch.
Thanks, great release!
Bought!

Looks like a cool game. Can't wait to give it a try... :)
Not sure whether this has already been covered, but is GOG going to address the CPU core issue? If not, I will unfortunately have to request a refund. There is no mention on the game page that, ironically, the game would not work on newer systems.
high rated
musteriuz: Thanks for the answers, I guess I'd rather err on the side of caution and skip this one then.
You do realise your offended by partial nudity in a game that features Nazis, swastikas, various acts of murder, torture, theft, grand theft auto and various acts of terrorism and guerilla warfare (for the good cause, but still). I'm only hoping you weren't contemplating playing this game with some kids and thought: "But I can't expose them to nudity, that would be unhealthy".
high rated
ZwaanME: You do realise your offended by partial nudity in a game that features Nazis, swastikas, various acts of murder, torture, theft, grand theft auto and various acts of terrorism and guerilla warfare (for the good cause, but still). I'm only hoping you weren't contemplating playing this game with some kids and thought: "But I can't expose them to nudity, that would be unhealthy".
I was absolutely horrified when I almost caught a glimpse of a nipple, but luckily it was completely obscured by massive blood splatter! Thank goodness game makers still have some morals remaining;)
deleted