It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A single spark of courage can ignite the fires of hope.

<span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>, a stylish action-adventure chronicling one man's fight for revenge in Nazi-occupied France, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 50% launch discount.

Sabotage really is an underappreciated art. Not only does it require copious amounts of creativity, street smarts, patience, and bravado, it can also help oppressed people survive an occupation long enough until the time is ripe to fight back. Racecar mechanic Sean Devlin wasn't planning on becoming a saboteur, but when his best friend gets killed by a sadistic German officer, he finds himself joining the French resistance, willing to cause some mayhem and avenge his buddy's death in the process. As he's running across rooftops, engaging in shootouts, and blowing up enemy assets, the black and white Parisian districts will gradually get more colorful, signifying the locals' growing confidence against the receding oppressors. Vive la résistance!

Work the streets and shadows of Paris and push back the German occupation forces in <span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 50% discount will last until September 29, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FgvgAY74c_Y
Post edited September 22, 2016 by maladr0Id
Patsche85: The VideoSetup.exe crashed every time. You have to set the videosetting via config.ini.
VideoSetup.exe should work if you install dxfullsetup
Tyrrhia: I like "old-school" FPS,
JMich: The Saboteur is not an FPS. It's a 3rd person action (with some shooting as well), but definitely not an FPS.
Thanks. I'll pass.
Bought it, again.
EA keep the games coming! :)
"I already have this on Steam so i'll pass"

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE! ;P
Patsche85: The VideoSetup.exe crashed every time. You have to set the videosetting via config.ini.
adamhm: VideoSetup.exe should work if you install dxfullsetup
Hey, you are right. But there is also a bug. If you choose the language "german" you can change settings but they take no effect. Only if you choose english this will take an effect.
JMich: Yes. First run asks you to adjust brightness until the symbol is barely visible, but you are free to adjust it to your liking. I think you may need to go through a couple of hoops to get the brightness control at a later point, but you still can from what I recall.
Good to know, thanks!

Patsche85: For Linuxusers (tested with PlayOnLinux):
Thanks for the report!

So at least the technical questions are out of the way. :)
Patsche85: Hey, you are right. But there is also a bug. If you choose the language "german" you can change settings but they take no effect. Only if you choose english this will take an effect.
Patch will be up in 10-15min
Digital_CHE: hmm...

Good regional price for me, but this game doesn't support spanish...
The game never got released in Spanish. At least in Spain. Still, there is a ClanDlan non official translation
I tried that gamersgate version, it had map bug still even after last patch but map bug seems to be only if I used over 1280x720 resolution. (which kinda sucks)
Also my non-gog version if you want to use xbox-controller (or any controller I guess) it had some weird trigger problems and stuff, so I have to unplug the controller before i start the game and after in game plug it back, then it works fine.

After those issues it was better game than I remembered. Quite a lot of freedom and varied ways to kill nazis and their artillery. =)
Did they fix the Quad Core / Multi Core processor FPS drop problem that was in the retail release? Thank you.
vicklemos: "I already have this on Steam so i'll pass"

I wanted to say the same thing, but then I came across this.
https://steamdb.info/app/24880/info/
vicklemos: "I already have this on Steam so i'll pass"

jalister: I wanted to say the same thing, but then I came across this.
https://steamdb.info/app/24880/info/
Well at least we had it for like 10+ hours! :P
Just took a screencap from Grargar's GOGMix for posterity reasons ;(
One of my favorite games of the last decade, thank you GOG for bringing us this fun game with interesting mechanics!
For those wondering what kind of a game this is. It's like Dead Space in that it takes cues from half a dozen games and (WWII) movies and combines them into an original game, although it's not quite as well executed as Dead Space. To be more specific, it takes the climbing buildings from Assassin's Creed, the shooting from Call of Duty (in third person rather than first person) and the car jacking/racing from GTA and combines this with a black/white/red aesthetic borrowed from Schindler's List. Once you liberate a section of Paris by beating missions the section is free of Nazis and all colour returns.
This is one of those typical 'the sum is better than it's individual parts' games. None of the game play mechanics it borrows are as good as they are in the games they are borrowed from. The climbing is slower, you don't have as many different guns as in CoD, there aren't as many different vehicles as in GTA, etc.. But they're good enough to be enjoyable and the developers have added other game play mechanics to keep the game interesting. There is an elaborate upgrade tree, giving you better abilities (like being able to carry more ammo, bombs, improve your weapons or turning cars into moving bombs). And you get the ability to disguise yourself and use stealth to free prisoners or plant bombs and detonate them from a safe distance. After each mission you have to escape the Nazis and get to a safe area. You can even make escaping easier by taking out snipers and guards posts near the mission area first.
I recently visited Paris for the first time and recognised many landmarks I had seen in this game. The city layout is not a perfect copy but they got the scale of the buildings right which is pretty awesome. It's a pretty big game as well, so at €10,- (or less if it's in a sale somewhere in the future) it's a bargain.

musteriuz: I've had this on my paper wishlist for a long time and am glad to see it here, but I see people mention nudity - is it optional and how "full" is it?
Well, at the start of the game you stay in a hidden room inside a strip club and the patch will allow you to see the girls without tassels on their b00bs. I don't know if you can turn it off, but if you're offended by beautiful women wearing nothing but (very revealing) lingerie, doing burlesque routines and suggestive dances, turning of the DLC won't help... As far as I can remember the strip club is the only place effected by the DLC. I personally didn't find it offending since it's presented as 'functional' nudity, unlike the gratuitous nudity and crude remarks in Duke Nukem.
Very cool. I´ve expected the Crysis-Series, instead we get three other cool game gems!
Really like that so many titles from the modern era are folding in right now...