It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become an elite commando equipped with an advanced Mecha-Suit capable of dimensional rift travel in a base-building, survival game with action-RPG elements. The Riftbreaker is now available on GOG.COM along with a 10% discount that will fade away on 21st October 2021, 8 AM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
To everyone complaining about achievements, just make your own goals. It's a lot more fun that way.

I never understood achievements anyway.

Game looks really neat btw!
Does the game have any map randomization?
Swissy88: Demo.
https://www.gog.com/game/the_riftbreaker_prologue

8 minute trailer with developer commentary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNJ5Mj8kiJA
Thanks for the heads up, I love ARPGs, and base building, I just hope it's not an overwhelming tower defense game where you do not get enough downtime to research/upgrade your base/equipment...

Lucian_Galca: I could care less about achievements myself, but the gog version missing the level editor, and no way to even get and use custom levels is the real issue.
Wait, what!? Fuck that... deal-breaker material right there, fuck those assholes!

EDIT: Oops, seems I jumped the gun there, should have read the rest of the thread before editing my post!

*Throws away pitchfork before anyone notices...
Post edited October 15, 2021 by TZODnmr2k5
IronArcturus: Does the game have any map randomization?
According to the games store page, yes. Here is the line:

"The campaign spans multiple hours and offers a remarkable degree of freedom in a super detailed, procedurally generated world."

Others have pointed this out more than once in this very thread.
Post edited October 16, 2021 by MobiusArcher
not gonna lie the design is decent but i like gundam better
Swissy88: Demo.
https://www.gog.com/game/the_riftbreaker_prologue

8 minute trailer with developer commentary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNJ5Mj8kiJA
TZODnmr2k5: Thanks for the heads up, I love ARPGs, and base building, I just hope it's not an overwhelming tower defense game where you do not get enough downtime to research/upgrade your base/equipment...

Lucian_Galca: I could care less about achievements myself, but the gog version missing the level editor, and no way to even get and use custom levels is the real issue.
TZODnmr2k5: Wait, what!? Fuck that... deal-breaker material right there, fuck those assholes!

EDIT: Oops, seems I jumped the gun there, should have read the rest of the thread before editing my post!

It's definitely appealing, I wish more games used ARPG features. Can't afford to grab it yet but the demo was designed to kill you I'm pretty sure. You'll fend off an attack or two and then get completely overrun, pretty sure that was intentional. Release day reviews are really good which inspires confidence though.
TZODnmr2k5: Thanks for the heads up, I love ARPGs, and base building, I just hope it's not an overwhelming tower defense game where you do not get enough downtime to research/upgrade your base/equipment...

[i]
Wait, what!? Fuck that... deal-breaker material right there, fuck those assholes![/i]

Swissy88: It's definitely appealing, I wish more games used ARPG features. Can't afford to grab it yet but the demo was designed to kill you I'm pretty sure. You'll fend off an attack or two and then get completely overrun, pretty sure that was intentional. Release day reviews are really good which inspires confidence though.
Cool, onto the wishlist it goes!
Is the game that good/addictive? Its still number 1 on the gog sales charts (yes i know its based on $$$ more than units sold -- or i remember someone saying...?)