It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Investigate an infamous cold case in the eerie, abandoned town of Painscreek. Search for evidence, connect the dots, and uncover who killed Vivian Roberts. The The Painscreek Killings game is now available on GOG.COM along with a 25% discount that will last until 28th June 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Forum Pop!...
This case intrigues inspector Hercule Poirot.
I have read a lot of good things about this game. Very nice to see this showing up on GOG.
"The Painscreek Killings borrows mechanics from a walking simulator but goes beyond it by making the players think." It seems marketing people will say anything these days to avoid calling adventure games adventure games :/.
joveian: "The Painscreek Killings borrows mechanics from a walking simulator but goes beyond it by making the players think." It seems marketing people will say anything these days to avoid calling adventure games adventure games :/.
Maybe directed to average modern gamer who has no idea wtf oldschool adventure game is.
I've read some good feebacks about this game.
A unique game, a masterpiece, there is no similar game.

If you like this game, you will enjoy every second.
Even though they are seeming to want to avoid calling it an FP-POV adventure game, it does look interesting to me.

What I need to learn is:

* How is the "save system"?

* How about the keyboard / mouse (can be adjusted and redefined, etc)? (I don't care for WASD and prefer the arrow-keys to move, the nearby Home/End block and Numpad for other things, etc. Can I?)

* Can it be played in, say, "full-screen window" mode (or similar)? Something that would allow easy non-disruptive tabbing over to, say, a Notepad file in which to keep my notes as I play.

I'll dig a little, but not extensively, to find some answers...
Post edited June 22, 2021 by Martek
low rated
Quick query: anyone know what a Pain Screek is? o.0 ;D

Anyhoo...it looks somewhat interesting, so: wishlisted
(just till I find out some stuff about the game and clear some room in my backlog)

=-=-=-=
Martek: I'll dig a little, but not extensively, to find some answers...
You asked some questions I want to know the answers to as well....so if you find out anything, let us know k?
I was eyeing this on steam for a while, then found this review and decided not to bother.

> The majority of the game is fantastic. Unfortunately, finishing the game requires speed and dexterity under pressure which I sadly lack (which is why I avoid purchasing games that require such). It totally ruined the entire experience for me.

though to be fair, everybody seems to shit on the ending anyway, so reaching it, then watching it on youtube would probably work too.