It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The root of all evil

<span class="bold">The Original Strife: Veteran Edition</span>, the remastered FPS/RPG where you strive to rid the world of a spreading evil, is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and multiplayer, and a 50% launch discount.

Eager to unroot an evil presence, overthrow a monarchy of religious fanatics, and blast away those who stand in your way? You'll get the chance to do all this and more, as you side with The Front, a resistance movement fighting the dark cultists of The Order. Your trusty weapons will go a long way towards ending this conflict, as will the assistance of the talented Blackbird, an underground agent whose skills at obtaining information are only rivalled by her dangerous allure. This Veteran Edition sports significant visual improvements, restored features, and all the bombastic charm of a game that set the standards for all FPS/RPG hybrids to follow in its wake.

Conspire with you resistance allies to undermine the sinister Order in <span class="bold">The Original Strife: Veteran Edition</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 50% launch discount will last until May 24, 1:59 PM UTC.
fuzzknuckle: Why do they suck?
apehater: cause they're are greedy bastards. i think they'll soon grow up to some kind of ea/activision publisher but with old games.
In what way are they greedy bastards?
Not bringing this here sooner?
I waited a while for this, but eventually caved on the Steam version after it went dirt cheap in a Bundle Stars bundle. Maybe once it gets to -75% I'll rebuy, I do like to have a good DRM free library (especially with the classics :) )
high rated
IronArcturus: Looks pretty cool! Is it using a modified engine? Are there any mods for it?
thesmashingone: Should be running on a very modified version of Chocolate Strife, No idea on mods, sorry.

InfraSuperman: Is it possible to play this in its original form, without all the added crap?
thesmashingone: If by additions you mean with the additions that Night Dive Studios added, would you consider this acceptable? This release does not come with the DOS executable, but the source port should run closely if not exactly as compared to the original. One only needs the "strife1.wad" and "voices.wad" files for the source port, which are included in the Veteran Edition.
In the same directory where you have the modified Strife you will find a zip file called "strife-dos.zip". This zip file contains the DOS version of Strife that can be dropped into your own DOSBox install or however you wish.

tl;dr the original version is included.
JudasIscariot: In the same directory where you have the modified Strife you will find a zip file called "strife-dos.zip". This zip file contains the DOS version of Strife that can be dropped into your own DOSBox install or however you wish.

Huh, I'll be. I stand corrected! Thanks Judas! Editing my previous post now.
thesmashingone: If by additions you mean with the additions that Night Dive Studios added, would you consider this acceptable? This release does not come with the DOS executable, but the source port should run closely if not exactly as compared to the original. One only needs the "strife1.wad" and "voices.wad" files for the source port, which are included in the Veteran Edition.
haydenaurion: Should be possible to take the WAD files and run them in a source port of your choice just like the other Doom engine games.
Thanks for the info. Good to hear that the game is apparently just the original WAD running in a customized source port. I'd probably prefer it if they included the original executable, but this is good, too.

EDIT: Disregard this post, see here.
Post edited May 19, 2016 by InfraSuperman
apehater: cause they're are greedy bastards. i think they'll soon grow up to some kind of ea/activision publisher but with old games.
omega64: In what way are they greedy bastards?
It's probably because he/she thinks they sold Turok for too much. If that's the case, all I have to say is "Boohoo."
JudasIscariot: In the same directory where you have the modified Strife you will find a zip file called "strife-dos.zip". This zip file contains the DOS version of Strife that can be dropped into your own DOSBox install or however you wish.

Oh, that's awesome!
Post edited May 19, 2016 by InfraSuperman
This is great!! I've been waiting for this game to show up on GOG for a while.
Great, and thanks for the linux version!
Nice release!
omega64: In what way are they greedy bastards?
Pupcakes: It's probably because he/she thinks they sold Turok for too much. If that's the case, all I have to say is "Boohoo."
Well, it was too much... kept me from buying it. Can't say I'm a fellow NDS basher though. Not yet anyway ;)
YEEEAAAHHHHH FFIIIINNNNALLLLLYYYY!!!!!! :)
Finally! :D
Nice to hear the original is included as well.
Can't help myself... instabuy.
Post edited May 19, 2016 by fuzzknuckle
From the video and screenshots there doesn't seem to be any melee weapons in this game. Call me old fashioned but I like my warriors with a shield in one hand and a sword or axe in the other.