It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Sierra spirit is alive with the sound of music.

<span class="bold">Order of the Thorne - The King's Challenge</span>, a musical quest to relive the days of glorious adventuring, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows, Mac, and Linux with GOG Galaxy achievement support.

Say what you will about the fairytale lives most rock stars lead, but writing songs is hard work. You must constantly expose yourself to the public, find inspiration in the strangest of places, and occasionally deal with bad-tempered, talking turtles. Yes, even while sober.

Finn is an ambitious bard, one of those brave enough to take on the King's Challenge: to compose "the greatest ballad ever", thus becoming Hero of the Faerie Kingdom. Basically what any decent songwriter is after. Play your magical lute as you follow Finn across the land, filling people's lives with entertaining noise, and your repertoire with all sorts of useful tunes. If you succeed, the King is willing to grant you any wish you ask of him. Like getting to relive the glory days of point' n 'clicks of yore, brought back by the people behind the beloved Quest for Infamy.

Enchant the enchanted land of Uir with your music and become the composer and subject of legendary ballads in <span class="bold">Order of the Thorne - The King's Challenge</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Point'n click? Adventure? Fairytale? Music?

INSTABOUGHT :)

Congrats on the baby. There will be many more sleepless nights in the next 18+ years - that will give you many hours to make entertaining games for us.
The King's Challenge! Get it? Because King's Quest! God...

This looks like a game trying way, waaaay to hard to score nostalgia points. What's next? A copy of the first Monkey Island Graphics in "The Mystery of Ape Peninsula"?
Blackthorne519: Hey buddy! How are you?

Bt
budejovice: I'm great thanks!

Literally all you had to say was "I don't really think my customers are cunts." I have bought games from the shittiest douchebags in the history of gaming, but I'm certainly not a cunt... because I'm not your customer. :)

Congrats on the release.
Well, I don't remember calling you a cunt, but if I did, let me say I'm sorry. Customer or not, there's no call for that.

Bt
I am glad you are able to find a contrite tone - I wasn't sure it was in there. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
shmerl: I'm a backer - waiting for the GOG key.
flashpulse: A retro style game with no XP support? That's odd.
shmerl: Why would you support an obsolete OS? It's built with AGS, and requirements come from it.
As long as there are any advantages to XP over a more modern OS, then it cannot be truly obsolete. Like, for example, the fact that some old games which were built for XP don't run well on newer systems, or need patches to run at all (Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines comes to mind).
Thanks for supplying me with a gog backer key, Bt! Looking forward to playing this!
flashpulse: A retro style game with no XP support? That's odd.
shmerl: Why would you support an obsolete OS? It's built with AGS, and requirements come from it.
A lot of people use XP for many reasons and one of them is gaming. Just how people use 98 for DOS gaming.

Why would you support an obsolete OS? It's built with AGS, and requirements come from it.
EckoShy: As long as there are any advantages to XP over a more modern OS, then it cannot be truly obsolete. Like, for example, the fact that some old games which were built for XP don't run well on newer systems, or need patches to run at all (Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines comes to mind).
Exactly.
Post edited January 26, 2016 by flashpulse
Looks kinda cool. Wishlisted for now.
cant get the game to run keep gettin errors so i made a post in the OOTT game forum
reinstall wont fix, and changing settings in the winsetup of the ags wont do any good either.
i googled but i cant download dll files cause who knows whats in those files from unknow sites :D
I hope the devs have a fix for it?

Why would you support an obsolete OS? It's built with AGS, and requirements come from it.
flashpulse: A lot of people use XP for many reasons and one of them is gaming. Just how people use 98 for DOS gaming.
Firstly, not a lot of people. Why would anyone use it now? And it's costly for developers to support an obsolete OS, especially open source projects like AGS shouldn't waste their time on it. If you want to add XP support to it because you critically need it - feel free to contribute your efforts (or sponsor such support): https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags

EckoShy: As long as there are any advantages to XP over a more modern OS, then it cannot be truly obsolete. Like, for example, the fact that some old games which were built for XP don't run well on newer systems, or need patches to run at all (Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines comes to mind).
There are no such advantages. I can run old Windows games in Wine on Linux (which provides XP mode) without resorting to running an obsolete OS ridden with security problems.
Post edited January 26, 2016 by shmerl
Pica-Ludica: God dammit, GOG. Darkest Dungeon, the current promo, and now this? Stop playing Tantalus with me, and leave my poor wallet alone, you heartless bully.

(A.k.a. I have no money and I must buy)
Cyraxpt: There you go.
Uh, amazing?
This is frightening but, at the same time, so awesome! :P
GOG.com: The Order of the Thorne - The King's Challenge
It seems quite clear from both the game card, the trailer and the screenshots, that there is no "The" at the beginning of the title of this game.
shmerl: There are no such advantages. I can run old Windows games in Wine on Linux (which provides XP mode) without resorting to running an obsolete OS ridden with security problems.
In other words, you need to use an external program to run those games. Just like how Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines needs a patch to run on Windows 7.

So the advantage of XP here is that it offers convenience for people who would rather not patch their game or run it through emulation software. Therefor, an advantage, albeit a minor one that might only appeal to a small group of people. Nonetheless, an advantage.

Just because the advantage doesn't matter to you, because you're willing to run those games through Wine, does not mean it isn't an advantage at all.

I own a lot of music on CD's. Many people might say that CD's are obsolete because an iPod is "more convenient." But how would that help me? I don't own any songs on iTunes, or any other service. An iPod won't play CD's. I would have to pay more money to get a separate device to play a completely different format of music. That doesn't sound more convenient to me, that sounds more expensive. I already own those CD's, I can just put them in my PS2, my car, or my computer, whenever I want to listen to them. Therefor, a big advantage.
Looks definitely like there's some old Sierra spirit inside and since I really enjoyed The Quest for Infamy it's insta-wishlisted! Will give it a go, sooner or later.
Post edited January 27, 2016 by DeMignon
shmerl: There are no such advantages. I can run old Windows games in Wine on Linux (which provides XP mode) without resorting to running an obsolete OS ridden with security problems.
EckoShy: In other words, you need to use an external program to run those games. Just like how Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines needs a patch to run on Windows 7.
Yes. Same as you'd use an emulator for running games from old and obsolete platforms, instead of trying to support running those platforms in original form (let alone release any new games for them).

EckoShy: So the advantage of XP here is that it offers convenience for people who would rather not patch their game or run it through emulation software. Therefor, an advantage, albeit a minor one that might only appeal to a small group of people. Nonetheless, an advantage.
It's a poor advantage since it means compromising security, while above approach doesn't. However we aren't talking about how to run older games, but about why there is no support for XP in AGS. And I don't see why its developers should add support for obsolete systems if they have higher priorities like developing features and fixing bugs for actually used systems. But again - it's an open source project. If anyone really needs it to support XP - they can implement it.
Post edited January 27, 2016 by shmerl