It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Sierra spirit is alive with the sound of music.

<span class="bold">Order of the Thorne - The King's Challenge</span>, a musical quest to relive the days of glorious adventuring, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows, Mac, and Linux with GOG Galaxy achievement support.

Say what you will about the fairytale lives most rock stars lead, but writing songs is hard work. You must constantly expose yourself to the public, find inspiration in the strangest of places, and occasionally deal with bad-tempered, talking turtles. Yes, even while sober.

Finn is an ambitious bard, one of those brave enough to take on the King's Challenge: to compose "the greatest ballad ever", thus becoming Hero of the Faerie Kingdom. Basically what any decent songwriter is after. Play your magical lute as you follow Finn across the land, filling people's lives with entertaining noise, and your repertoire with all sorts of useful tunes. If you succeed, the King is willing to grant you any wish you ask of him. Like getting to relive the glory days of point' n 'clicks of yore, brought back by the people behind the beloved Quest for Infamy.

Enchant the enchanted land of Uir with your music and become the composer and subject of legendary ballads in <span class="bold">Order of the Thorne - The King's Challenge</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
blotunga: I don't mind old games having pixel art, but seriously? We are in 2016. I would much rather like some higher res hand-painted art.
Seriously: You don't have to buy it.
Post edited January 26, 2016 by Wolfram_von_Thal
Although I'm a fan of classic 2016 adventure games, I'll wait for a nice sale on this one.
I didn't enjoy Infamy as much as I'd hoped either.
Blackthorne519: Judas has been working with me directly a lot on this, and updates to this game, should there be any major ones, will come swiftly.
But here is the important question: Is there a "Maybe" reply option in the game?
Blackthorne519: Judas has been working with me directly a lot on this, and updates to this game, should there be any major ones, will come swiftly.
JMich: But here is the important question: Is there a "Maybe" reply option in the game?
Hahah, the "maybe" option will be making it's debut in the forthcoming QFI prequel, Roehm to Ruin. We're just finishing that up now, so you'll see it in a few months.

Maybe.

Bt
Wolfram_von_Thal: Seriously: You don't have to buy it.
I know, i know... I was just venting. I will probably buy it but with a discount. Still I rather would see at least Monkey Island 3 quality graphics in my adventures than this.
Wolfram_von_Thal: Seriously: You don't have to buy it.
blotunga: I know, i know... I was just venting. I will probably buy it but with a discount. Still I rather would see at least Monkey Island 3 quality graphics in my adventures than this.
Everybody's got their preferences, for sure. I get ya. Maybe someday we would do a game with Monkey Island 3/Bill Tiller like graphics. Not out of the realm of possibility - I just want to keep on making more games!

Bt
Is this game related to Quest for Infamy, like the same universe?
Crosmando: Is this game related to Quest for Infamy, like the same universe?
No, this actually takes place in a Mystical world known as Uir.

We ARE working on a QFI Prequel that should be out in a few months, though.

Bt
Ahhhh, finally GOG is getting the new King's Quest...

...oh wait. What... is this. :(
Neat Release. Quest for Infamy was better than i expected so i put this one on my wishlist.
Blackthorne519: No, this actually takes place in a Mystical world known as Uir.

We ARE working on a QFI Prequel that should be out in a few months, though.

Bt
Thanks for the info.
This game reminds me of Loom...
(wishlisted)
Blackthorne519: Hey guys - the reason for the delay in QFI's update here is that we're adding support for GoG galaxy achievements, and with the size of QFI, testing it all has been taking long. (Especially with the new game coming out, and my wife and I just had a new baby in December, so I've been sleeping like none for over a month, hahah) but we should have a new QFI update soon.

Judas has been working with me directly a lot on this, and updates to this game, should there be any major ones, will come swiftly.

Also, this game is different that Quest for Infamy in that it takes place in it's own setting, not connected to the game. It's also the first in an anthology series that all take place in the world of Uir. We're in production on the second game, Fortress of Fire right now.

Bt
congrats with the baby ...., i guess it was a boy? i saw some pictures of him with his game shirt on
( i saw the links cause i searched for the game on youtube, and so i started to read some of your stories )
And yes you told some about it... also seems dat QFI had a big update , you even said that the old savegames would not be compatible and that if anyone needed it they could uplaod some save games and then you would try to see if they could be made to work...

anyways keep up the good work
i just bought the game
Linux version is live now, sorry for the wait, all :)
Vainamoinen: Ahhhh, finally GOG is getting the new King's Quest...

...oh wait. What... is this. :(
much better version, of course :D

Great to see it here on day one, but not an instabuy, waiting for a backer key :)
Post edited January 26, 2016 by cyboff