It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Sierra spirit is alive with the sound of music.

<span class="bold">Order of the Thorne - The King's Challenge</span>, a musical quest to relive the days of glorious adventuring, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows, Mac, and Linux with GOG Galaxy achievement support.

Say what you will about the fairytale lives most rock stars lead, but writing songs is hard work. You must constantly expose yourself to the public, find inspiration in the strangest of places, and occasionally deal with bad-tempered, talking turtles. Yes, even while sober.

Finn is an ambitious bard, one of those brave enough to take on the King's Challenge: to compose "the greatest ballad ever", thus becoming Hero of the Faerie Kingdom. Basically what any decent songwriter is after. Play your magical lute as you follow Finn across the land, filling people's lives with entertaining noise, and your repertoire with all sorts of useful tunes. If you succeed, the King is willing to grant you any wish you ask of him. Like getting to relive the glory days of point' n 'clicks of yore, brought back by the people behind the beloved Quest for Infamy.

Enchant the enchanted land of Uir with your music and become the composer and subject of legendary ballads in <span class="bold">Order of the Thorne - The King's Challenge</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Niggles: Hmmm its a release for some people :)

Kinda offtopic - anyone recommend any old dos or current rockband management type games?.
There is this game on the Amiga / Atari ST (are we on GOG or not ;) ) which is unfortunately only available in French:

Rock Star - Review (in French)
Page 1 - Page 2

I spend many hours on this one (until a bad sector killed my disk). You can find a "review" in English here (with a list of other music management games).
benmar: A string instrument playing, elvish looking bard who wishes to compose the greatest music ever known?
Sounds familiar, sounds fresh, sounds like music with rocks in.
well done, that man.
high rated
Hesusio: "Classic". Used to describe a game released today. See people. this is why I'm antisocial.
Classic, in this sense, isn't being used to refer to the game itself being a classic, only that it emulates the style of classic point and click adventures we grew up loving. We're not tooting our own horns on this yet. Sorry if that was confusing - it was really more just a description of the kind of style we used in making and designing the game.

I hope that fans of point & click adventures have a good time playing this game. I know I had a lot of fun creating it.

Bt
I knew this looked kind of familiar. Another game from the Quest for Infamy developers.
Hesusio: "Classic". Used to describe a game released today. See people. this is why I'm antisocial.
Blackthorne519: Classic, in this sense, isn't being used to refer to the game itself being a classic, only that it emulates the style of classic point and click adventures we grew up loving. We're not tooting our own horns on this yet. Sorry if that was confusing - it was really more just a description of the kind of style we used in making and designing the game.

I hope that fans of point & click adventures have a good time playing this game. I know I had a lot of fun creating it.

Bt
How can I have fun when this game is not even regionally priced!!!

OK, sorry for that one but it's getting close to the end of the first page and I was missing a "regionally priced" comment + can you blame the lack of sleep, it'd be nice :)
InfraSuperman: Did this game originally start life as "Kingdom of Sorrow", the King's Quest fan-game?
JudasIscariot: Nope, it was a kickstarted project by Infamous Quests :)
Hi Judas!
So is it somehow just like Quest for Infamy? ;)
I mean, the dialogues, characters, animation et al?
I'd like to buy it here, but I've made very bad experiences with your (GOG's) update procedures for QfI.
Is there a guarantee updates will be applied faster than it's the case with QfI (still months behind Steam, where updates 1.1.2 and 1.2 have been released since)?
benmar: A string instrument playing, elvish looking bard who wishes to compose the greatest music ever known?
Sounds familiar, sounds fresh, sounds like music with rocks in.
InfraSuperman: Imp y Celyn would be proud.
Gotta be done - see attached.

As for the game, looks great, very reminiscent of yore, will have to grab it.
Attachments:
high rated
Hey guys - the reason for the delay in QFI's update here is that we're adding support for GoG galaxy achievements, and with the size of QFI, testing it all has been taking long. (Especially with the new game coming out, and my wife and I just had a new baby in December, so I've been sleeping like none for over a month, hahah) but we should have a new QFI update soon.

Judas has been working with me directly a lot on this, and updates to this game, should there be any major ones, will come swiftly.

Also, this game is different that Quest for Infamy in that it takes place in it's own setting, not connected to the game. It's also the first in an anthology series that all take place in the world of Uir. We're in production on the second game, Fortress of Fire right now.

Bt
Gameplay video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBEf1c1SWgs
Interesting release in interesting time:)
Didn't hear about it before. P&c with nice old-skool like pixel art graphic.
Wishlisted for now.
Blackthorne519: ...and my wife and I just had a new baby in December, so I've been sleeping like none for over a month, hahah...
So, at least, I know that you'll understand my "lack of sleep" apology of my previous post :)

BTW, congratulation to you and your family.
Blackthorne519: ...and my wife and I just had a new baby in December, so I've been sleeping like none for over a month, hahah...
cal74: So, at least, I know that you'll understand my "lack of sleep" apology of my previous post :)

Oh my god, absolutely - I haven't got more than two hours sleep at a clip in weeks. Coffee has been a good friend to me lately!!

Thank you for the kind words!

Bt
cal74: So, at least, I know that you'll understand my "lack of sleep" apology of my previous post :)

Blackthorne519: Oh my god, absolutely - I haven't got more than two hours sleep at a clip in weeks. Coffee has been a good friend to me lately!!

Thank you for the kind words!

Bt
Haha. (Shawn laughs as he thinks about only having one kid...) :)
I don't mind old games having pixel art, but seriously? We are in 2016. I would much rather like some higher res hand-painted art.