It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Sierra spirit is alive with the sound of music.

<span class="bold">Order of the Thorne - The King's Challenge</span>, a musical quest to relive the days of glorious adventuring, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows, Mac, and Linux with GOG Galaxy achievement support.

Say what you will about the fairytale lives most rock stars lead, but writing songs is hard work. You must constantly expose yourself to the public, find inspiration in the strangest of places, and occasionally deal with bad-tempered, talking turtles. Yes, even while sober.

Finn is an ambitious bard, one of those brave enough to take on the King's Challenge: to compose "the greatest ballad ever", thus becoming Hero of the Faerie Kingdom. Basically what any decent songwriter is after. Play your magical lute as you follow Finn across the land, filling people's lives with entertaining noise, and your repertoire with all sorts of useful tunes. If you succeed, the King is willing to grant you any wish you ask of him. Like getting to relive the glory days of point' n 'clicks of yore, brought back by the people behind the beloved Quest for Infamy.

Enchant the enchanted land of Uir with your music and become the composer and subject of legendary ballads in <span class="bold">Order of the Thorne - The King's Challenge</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Hi folks!
I'm already stuck. It's an amazing game and I won't pull back!

C ya! ;D
flashpulse: Game making tools are cool for those starting out but I prefer code. Smaller and faster exec's plus it's easier to fix bugs quickly then relying on someone else who develops a game maker app. I just wish more developers who plan to sell their apps/games would use code.
shmerl: AGS is a game engine that Order of the Thorne is using. Not sure what you mean by code here. AGS contains lot's of code.
I'm familiar with AGS. Great tool for making Sierra style games! As a developer though, if I'm going to sell something, I'm going to write it myself. More control on optimizations and only coding what I'm going to use. Whereas game engines or game making apps sometimes check or have to skip some code for features you may not use. Basically because it's an all-in-one package, so to speak. Plus most game makers don't compile an actual exec. Sometimes it's a premade exec that is reading from a separate file that details what or how the game should play using the so called game engine.

Anyways, just my preference. ;)
DRM-free soundtrack for Order of The Thorne: The Kings's Challenge (including FLAC) is now available here:
https://jamesmulvale.bandcamp.com/album/order-of-the-thorne-the-kings-challenge-ost
Post edited January 31, 2016 by shmerl
penumbren: I've just finished the game and I have to say, I quite like it. It's not the most difficult adventure game, but then, I started with King's Quest. (Before there was a number on it. I still have the old IBM PCjr box somewhere. *g*) Thanks very much for an enjoyable, old-school-style game.

I just have one question about the achievements: The "Drops of Juniper" one didn't pop for me when I got the berries. Is there a special condition or non-obvious way to complete the task in order to get the achievement, or have I encountered a bug?
Blackthorne519: Thank you very much! I remember gaming on old PCJr's and Tandy 1000s myself. My cousin's neighbor had a PCJr we played KQ2 on all the time, and my grandfather had a Tandy 1000 that he played LSL on - and I used to sneak in and play too!

I'll check the drops of Juniper trigger in the code and make sure everything is okay.

Bt
I was just wondering if you'd had a chance to look at this yet. Thanks! :)
Blackthorne519: Thank you very much! I remember gaming on old PCJr's and Tandy 1000s myself. My cousin's neighbor had a PCJr we played KQ2 on all the time, and my grandfather had a Tandy 1000 that he played LSL on - and I used to sneak in and play too!

I'll check the drops of Juniper trigger in the code and make sure everything is okay.

Bt
penumbren: I was just wondering if you'd had a chance to look at this yet. Thanks! :)
Yep! I did - I discovered a triggering error that would happen if you did things in a certain sequence of events. Either SHOULD trigger it, but doing one thing first would cause it to skip the code triggering it. Anyway, I've uploaded a new v1.0.2 build for windows to GOG, that should be up soon - it fixes some other minor bugs as well. (And it shouldn't break old saves, so YAY for that!) The Mac and Linux versions of v1.0.2 should be coming soon, probably over the weekend or so.

Bt
\o/ Excellent news. Thank you for looking into that and getting it fixed so quickly!
penumbren: \o/ Excellent news. Thank you for looking into that and getting it fixed so quickly!
The new Windows version is up, btw :)

edit: no, it's not sorry!
Post edited February 04, 2016 by JudasIscariot
penumbren: \o/ Excellent news. Thank you for looking into that and getting it fixed so quickly!
JudasIscariot: The new Windows version is up, btw :)
Even better! I needed a distraction from my work, truly I did. ;P (Thanks, Judas! I appreciate the notice, since my library isn't showing it yet.)
JudasIscariot: The new Windows version is up, btw :)
penumbren: Even better! I needed a distraction from my work, truly I did. ;P (Thanks, Judas! I appreciate the notice, since my library isn't showing it yet.)
Wait, i was thinking of something else. It's not up yet, will be up tomorrow, sorry for the confusion!!!
penumbren: Even better! I needed a distraction from my work, truly I did. ;P (Thanks, Judas! I appreciate the notice, since my library isn't showing it yet.)
JudasIscariot: Wait, i was thinking of something else. It's not up yet, will be up tomorrow, sorry for the confusion!!!
Dammit, Judas. Got my hopes up for nothing... :P
JudasIscariot: Wait, i was thinking of something else. It's not up yet, will be up tomorrow, sorry for the confusion!!!
penumbren: Dammit, Judas. Got my hopes up for nothing... :P
It's been a long day, sorry :)

The good news is that we have the latest Windows version :)
Post edited February 04, 2016 by JudasIscariot
penumbren: Dammit, Judas. Got my hopes up for nothing... :P
JudasIscariot: It's been a long day, sorry :)

The good news is that we have the latest Windows version :)
Well, okay then. As long as it's coming soon. I guess. ;)
Just finished this amazing game! Bring the sequel and count me in! ;D