It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Play a poetic adventure/puzzle platformer with light combat elements, set in a beautiful world claimed by a vile corruption.
The Lightbringer is now available on GOG.COM along with a 20% discount that will last until 12th November 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Bring it into the light of the forum...

And it looks quite nice too. :)
Wait, this doesn't look like Linkara's old comic.
Cute action, platformer and puzzle videogame. Honestly, I don't see much of the early Nintendo's Zeldas in it. Although it does have some elements of the mechanics used in Link's videogames. I hope the title doesn't have the horrible camera of the 3D classics of the mid to late 90's. On the wishlist for now, and then we'll see if it's worth buying or not. Thanks, GOG!
Post edited November 05, 2021 by UCrest
Darvond: Wait, this doesn't look like Linkara's old comic.
I HAVE TO SAY I LOVED LINKARA, I WAS WALKING AROUND ... VARIOUS PLACES AND I SAW LINKARA THE GREAT LINKARA
"The Lightbringer" is a case I would like to get a Demo version (for GNU/Linux - I just mention this
as mostly demo games are Windows only on GOG).
It could be a good game - but it could also not be interesting for me.
Zelda-like Adventure - Precision Platformer - Puzzle game with switches ...
I would be "in" on a Jump'n'Run with fair controls - but the other part may spoil
my experience - or could spice it up (a matter of how this is implemented).

As puzzlers I would recommend "The Pedestrian" or "Filament";
as adventure I would recommend "Driftmoon" or even more relaxing
"Haven Park" (it's great - and cute!) or "A Short Hike" ...
but yes, just a matter of taste.

The graphics of "The Lightbringer" could be cude - but the trailer seems to use blur effects
which does not please my taste.
Without a demo I would only buy it on sale below 5 EUR - and even though it was not welcomed that well
concerning comments of 1st appearance I would be more interested in "Clunky Hero" (inDev) ...
And concerning platform games I know those are great:
"Eagle Island Twist" ... and of cause the Apogee HD titles of Emberheart Games like "Monster Bash HD"
all being also family friendly ... and for more adult theme (even though there is bloodless mode) "Fury Unleashed".

So for me it ends up with: a clear case a demo would be great ...
Post edited November 06, 2021 by JMB9
Plot twist: His sister is just lazy and decided to give all "protect the land" job to her brother.
Darvond: Wait, this doesn't look like Linkara's old comic.
tfishell: I HAVE TO SAY I LOVED LINKARA, I WAS WALKING AROUND ... VARIOUS PLACES AND I SAW LINKARA THE GREAT LINKARA
I wonder if he ever got his jacket back.
Nice to see versions for Linux day 1.
GOG.com: [The Lightbringer] set in a beautiful world claimed by a vile corruption.
```
The Lightbringer
A Star Wars Story
```
, I dare to say.
JMB9: "The Lightbringer" is a case I would like to get a Demo version (for GNU/Linux - I just mention this
as mostly demo games are Windows only on GOG) [...]
Hi!
Great! Thank you very much for the recommendations you have made in your post. Honestly, I didn't know about titles like Haven Park or Filament. They just slipped under my radar. :P About Clunky Hero although spectacular in appearance, I honestly haven't tried any DEMO yet. If by any chance there is one on Steam I haven't tried it. Anyway, I just hope this video game (The Lightbringer), at least, is very similar to Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas, which I highly recommend.
Best regards!
Post edited November 08, 2021 by UCrest