It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experience an epic multilayered story that has been developed across three titles and was designed to captivate new and old fans alike. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM. In this colorful anime RPG, you can explore some newly annexed lands of the Empire with a new squad of heroes and catch up with familiar faces from the past.
Waldschatten: Do people really want some costumes and a few cheap cheats that bad?

DLC for Legend of Heroes is NOT game content. Sone of the story, no extra characters, just the ability to play dress-up with your waifu and cheese out if you really suck at the game.

So, no, the lack of DLC is not an issue. Falcom DLC is something you buy to support Falcom, not because they do everything possible to force you into it, this is the whole game as is and I've run into one issue in eight hours of play that was related to switching focus between running programs. I've had zero bugs playing this as long as I stayed in game, and it's only bugged out once when I changed windows, likely due to it being done while I was loading a save.
DLC is certainly game content and definitely a big issue.

These games can take 100 hours or more to beat if you do everything available to do in them. That's an awfully long time. Having cosmetics can add a lot to the fun. I.e. they make it so you don't have to have all your characters look the same as each other because they are all wearing the same uniform (as is the default for most of your characters.

And when you get bored of a look, you can change it, rather than being forced to have everyone wear the same one outfit 24/7 forever (again, which is the default with no DLC).

There's plenty of good reasons why the cosmetic DLCs make for good & very important content in these games.

I do agree with you about the consumable DLCs being cheap cheats which are not good, but those being bad should not be lumped in together with cosmetic DLCs, which are good.

Besides, NISA is a charging a premium, AAA-level price for this game, even though it's not a AAA game. Adding DLC into the price makes it a better value for the dollar, especially given it's very high AAA-price, combined with it's non-AAA status.

On a different and very concerning note: I've noticed another problem with the CS3 that is being sold on GOG: there is no "Digital Limited Edition" on offer on GOG. On Steam, one of the selling points of that Edition is: "All Soundtracks and Art Books are available only for a limited time and will not be available for purchase after March 30th, 2020."

And the Digital Limited Edition is the only version that has the full Artbook and the fullest version of the soundtrack, and those items won't be put up for sale separately, as proven here:

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/991270/extras/TOCS3_Bundles_Updated-616.png?t=1585015452

So, the take-away point is:

Every day that NISA waits before putting the Digital Limited Edition up for sale on GOG, is another precious day less out of the scant few days that exist before March 30th, that GOG customers are denied any possible chance ever to purchase those things.

And we don't know if those things are even going to be offered to GOG customers at all, which would be quite appalling if they aren't, like for example, if NISA simply never bothered to offer the Digital Limited Edition for sale to GOG customers before March 30, which they might not do.
Post edited March 24, 2020 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Lebibik: I don't know that's the first problem, it's mostly a 60$ blind purchase at this point.

GOG YS VIII never got thoses "little" extras (ost, artbook, some cosmetics) purchasable or obtainable but i can hope they changed since then ? After all Cold Steel 3 is the first Nisa game on gog with achievements.
Well hopefully that will change. Though as Ancient-Red-Dragon just posted maybe not. I missed the "Not available for purchase after March 30th, 2020" on steam for the soundtrack and art book content.

I didn't get YS VIII on GOG or Steam as of yet. I have all the others, but that one and this game of course. Yet, I know that GOG got all the cosmetics for YS VIII. It's just GOG or the publisher/developer failed to link it to the main store page in DLC. It bundled a whole bunch together on GOG so at least it has that I suppose.

As for achievements, here is hoping they keep working after X updates. Because the last game in this series on GOG needs like 1.4 or lower I believe to even have them work. It would maybe be a good time to do achievements now on Cold Steel 3, before it borks, if you're really interested in GOG Achievements. =/ Then again, I guess you can always roll back on GOG Galaxy.
I own CS1 and 2 on GOG but I never realised how much of a second-class citizen this storefront is until now. It turns out the CS3 release is incomplete and inferior: no deluxe edition, no hand-drawn achievement art, no demo, no news section with posts by publisher, no DLC on release, no goodies, no word yet on the situation of launch-window bonus DLC, possibly GOG-specific bugs and delayed patches because it's an afterthought for developer and publisher... I will simply have to buy it elsewhere.
Post edited March 24, 2020 by Wazhai
Wazhai: I own CS1 and 2 on GOG but I never realised how much of a second-class citizen this storefront is until now. It turns out the CS3 release is incomplete and inferior: no deluxe edition, no hand-drawn achievement art, no demo, no news section with posts by publisher, no DLC on release, no goodies, no word yet on the situation of launch-window bonus DLC, possibly GOG-specific bugs and delayed patches because it's an afterthought for developer and publisher... I will simply have to buy it elsewhere.
Same here /:
I own CS1 and CS1 on GOG too...but I Love Artbook...if we cannot get the version with the Full Artbook here I'll buy the game on another store...

My heart is broken because I love GOG but I need my OST and Artbook!

Edit:It's here!!!
Post edited March 24, 2020 by Reglisse
18 hours after release, GOG finally has the Digital Limited Edition available. But it has been such a mess that I will still avoid it.
Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the delay, all the content for Trails of Cold Steel III is now available on GOG. The only difference to Steam's version is that we're not forcing DLC on anyone, but you can claim the ones you want for free. Altina's Costume, which is available as separate DLC on Steam, is part of Premium Cosmetic Set on GOG.
GOG_Solostran: Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the delay, all the content for Trails of Cold Steel III is now available on GOG. The only difference to Steam's version is that we're not forcing DLC on anyone, but you can claim the ones you want for free. Altina's Costume, which is available as separate DLC on Steam, is part of Premium Cosmetic Set on GOG.
First of all Thanks for the Dlc.
As i bought Cold Steel 3 yesterday, as there was no Limited Edition, will there be a possibility to upgrade the Normal Edition to the Limited Edition?
Or do i have to refund the game and buy it again (after the refund happened) to get all the goodies from the Limited Deluxe Edtion?
Really would be easier to have the possibilty to just upgrade the Version.
Perhaps you can tell us if this is possible or we do have to refund and buy again.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Post edited March 24, 2020 by Godfather101
GOG_Solostran: Hey Everyone,

Godfather101: First of all Thanks for the Dlc.
As i bought Cold Steel yesterday, as there was no Limited Edition, will there be a possibility to upgrade the Normal Edition to the Limited Edition?
Or do i have to refund the game and buy it again (after the refund happened) to get all the goodies from the Limited Deluxe Edtion?
Really would be easier to have the possibilty to just upgrade the Version.
Perhaps you can tell us if this is possible or we do have to refund and buy again.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Please get in touch with our support team, we'll see what we can do.
Does the artwork for Galaxy Achievements of CS3 now match the artwork for the Steam Achievements, as seen here:

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/991270/achievements

...?

The reason I ask is because yesterday, there were 'popular Achievements' listed on the CS3 GOG store page which featured artwork that was both significantly different & worse than the ones shown next to those equivalent Steam Achievements, and moreover the artwork on the GOG store page also all looked the same for every single Achievement.
Post edited March 24, 2020 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Finally!
Thanks GOG and NISA ^^
I was waiting for the Limited Edition here...but I confess if I was going to be unable to buy It here before Friday...I was going to buy It "on another store"...
Post edited March 24, 2020 by Reglisse
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Does the artwork for Galaxy Achievements of CS3 now match the artwork for the Steam Achievements, as seen here:

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/991270/achievements

...?

The reason I ask is because yesterday, there were 'popular Achievements' listed on the CS3 GOG store page which featured artwork that was both significantly different & worse than the ones shown next to those equivalent Steam Achievements, and moreover the artwork on the GOG store page also all looked the same for every single Achievement.
I've heard that they have to be manually approved like DLC's, a GoG team confirmation would be nice.
*skims through the DLC stuff* NOPE!! ... I'm good with the no-bloat standard edition I already purchased. ;)

I mean, just look at THIS! Now that is just terrifying!
Post edited March 24, 2020 by Mr.Mumbles
Wazhai: I own CS1 and 2 on GOG but I never realised how much of a second-class citizen this storefront is until now. It turns out the CS3 release is incomplete and inferior: no deluxe edition, no hand-drawn achievement art, no demo, no news section with posts by publisher, no DLC on release, no goodies, no word yet on the situation of launch-window bonus DLC, possibly GOG-specific bugs and delayed patches because it's an afterthought for developer and publisher... I will simply have to buy it elsewhere.
"Thanks" for perpetuating the problem you're complaining about. Not that you're not allowed to feel that way, but I hope you and others realize that by buying on that other store, it's only reinforcing the second-class treatment of GOG customers. Glad to see it's been addressed already and is here (though I'm a little confused why NISA is making a digital "limited" edition...not a cool practice).
rjbuffchix: I'm a little confused why NISA is making a digital "limited" edition...not a cool practice.
NISA also made a physical limited edition for a higher price, but it is/was only available as a Steam key, and no GOG option offered for that.
rjbuffchix: "Thanks" for perpetuating the problem you're complaining about. Not that you're not allowed to feel that way, but I hope you and others realize that by buying on that other store, it's only reinforcing the second-class treatment of GOG customers. Glad to see it's been addressed already and is here (though I'm a little confused why NISA is making a digital "limited" edition...not a cool practice).
Very well stated!
I find it amazing how people seem to always complain about "problem X or Y" (and this applies not only to GOG but to several major issues in the world as well) but in the end they become a part of the problem, instead of the solution.