It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experience an epic multilayered story that has been developed across three titles and was designed to captivate new and old fans alike. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM. In this colorful anime RPG, you can explore some newly annexed lands of the Empire with a new squad of heroes and catch up with familiar faces from the past.
Worth the price because of:
- huge content
- terrific story
- unique gameplay
- (just because)

???
The price has been ninja-raised on Steam to match the rest of the storefronts.
A bit steeply priced for such an incomplete buggy mess.
MegisED: A bit steeply priced for such an incomplete buggy mess.
There are that many problems :/ ?
DieSterne: There are that many problems :/ ?
Lots of people on Steam are reporting that using the DLCs both a) doesn't work and b) causes the game to crash.

Which of course, are DLCs which the GOG version doesn't even have right now, and also which GOG customers still have no idea whether or not the version they are buying includes any free DLCs on Launch week (even though the Steam version does).

Plus they increased the price on Steam to a higher number than it originally was being sold for earlier today.

The is a train-wreck of a launch to be sure, on both Steam and on GOG.

But it's possible that the game itself will run fine after the DLC bugs are patched out.
Post edited March 23, 2020 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
On top of that, it seems the achievements icons are not the hand-drawed ones you can get on steam (like thoses they made for cold steel 1 & 2) but generic ones, for whatever reason they didn't bothered to copy paste thoses on the gog version.

Don't get me wrong, it's minor but it still gives me the impression that the gog version was not worked as much as the Steam one, unless there's valid reason behind it (i.e working on gog API is harder and more time-consuming than steam one) but copy pasting just some already done icons ?
Lebibik: On top of that, it seems the achievements icons are not the hand-drawed ones you can get on steam (like thoses they made for cold steel 1 & 2) but generic ones, for whatever reason they didn't bothered to copy paste thoses on the gog version.

Don't get me wrong, it's minor but it still gives me the impression that the gog version was not worked as much as the Steam one, unless there's valid reason behind it (i.e working on gog API is harder and more time-consuming than steam one) but copy pasting just some already done icons ?
Thanks for the heads-up. This just keeps getting worse and worse.

I don't find that issue you brought to be 'minor' at all. I see my Achievement icons constantly since I use Galaxy all the time. Having all the icons look generic and be the same (as they currently do on the game's store page) is dire, and needs to be fixed if that is actually how they appear inside of the Galaxy client and on the user's GOG profile.

I was all set to buy this game today just to support the series...but through these blunders, NISA is making it really hard for me to give them my money.

Unless I receive confirmation that the GOG version is equal to the others in terms of having identical DLCs for the same price and identical Achievement icons to Steam, then I'm changing my plans to buy this game, and waiting until it goes on a very steep discount a long time in the future.
I'm just glad it's here, I don't care too much for the DLCs I usually buy them later when the game goes on sale, which by that time the DLC issue will be ironed out, my game budget is usually only $60-70 so I won't be getting this for a while anyways!
Post edited March 24, 2020 by takezodunmer2005
Hmm, DLC's are slightly delayed it seems. I wonder if it's some sort of steam short time exclusive and i can't say i care for cosmetic DLC but knowing Falcom the OST might be nice to grab some time.

I think i will wait for a few patches though before getting into this game.
Do people really want some costumes and a few cheap cheats that bad?

DLC for Legend of Heroes is NOT game content. Sone of the story, no extra characters, just the ability to play dress-up with your waifu and cheese out if you really suck at the game.

So, no, the lack of DLC is not an issue. Falcom DLC is something you buy to support Falcom, not because they do everything possible to force you into it, this is the whole game as is and I've run into one issue in eight hours of play that was related to switching focus between running programs. I've had zero bugs playing this as long as I stayed in game, and it's only bugged out once when I changed windows, likely due to it being done while I was loading a save.
Waldschatten: Do people really want some costumes and a few cheap cheats that bad?

DLC for Legend of Heroes is NOT game content. Sone of the story, no extra characters, just the ability to play dress-up with your waifu and cheese out if you really suck at the game.

So, no, the lack of DLC is not an issue. Falcom DLC is something you buy to support Falcom, not because they do everything possible to force you into it, this is the whole game as is and I've run into one issue in eight hours of play that was related to switching focus between running programs. I've had zero bugs playing this as long as I stayed in game, and it's only bugged out once when I changed windows, likely due to it being done while I was loading a save.
I don't really care about the cosmetics and cheats, but I do care about the soundtrack. It's included in the launch week release on Steam, so I'm holding off on buying for now until we know for sure whether that's included. I can't play it until the weekend anyway, so I don't mind waiting for now.
Waldschatten: DLC for Legend of Heroes is NOT game content. Sone of the story, no extra characters, just the ability to play dress-up with your waifu and cheese out if you really suck at the game.

So, no, the lack of DLC is not an issue.
While I do agree most all of these games content are just cosmetic. The "(Launch Week Only Edition)" on Steam does include the Soundtrack and Art Book for no extra cost. While it's not a game breaker, it's more than just cosmetics in the DLC. As an Artbook and Soundtrack are nice little extras that can sometimes run from anywhere from 5USD to 20USD by itself. (Maybe not this game as I don't know the amount of tracks put into the soundtrack, but look at Lost Ember's GOG soundtrack at 17USD or Metal Wolf Chaos XD soundtrack 20USD). If Steam gets it for the same price point and GOG gets cheated to only have to pay for it. Well that to me alone is kind of annoying if it's the case, since other games on GOG have done this and never provided the extra content here. They just grabbed the money and ran.

Edit: Well I was Ninja'ed by HK_47 :D
Post edited March 24, 2020 by EliteAlien
OST bundled in steam version is only 5 tracks "digital soundtrack sampler", faaaar away from an complete one, or a best-off.
Same from the artbook, it's a 24 pages .pdf, you can't call it artbook.

Following the Ys VIII Lacrimosa of GoG users example, you will get a wooping nothing from the ToCs3 extras, they are currently working on releasings the DLC's, not the extras.

I don't see achievement icons anymore on the store page, either it is removed, or hidden idk. So if someone who have bought the game and unlocked any achievement can confirm we'll get the hand-drawed ones or the placeholders ones i would be nice !

EDIT : achievements icons on steam are from this artist, theses are : https://twitter.com/kyotyanehh/status/1242148597531062274
Post edited March 24, 2020 by Lebibik
Lebibik: OST bundled in steam version is only 5 tracks "digital soundtrack sampler", faaaar away from an complete one, or a best-off.

Following the Ys VIII Lacrimosa of GoG users example, you will get a wooping nothing from the ToCs3 extras, they are currently working on releasings the DLC's, not the extras.
That is disappointing in ways, and all the good reason GOG should get it to then. As it's still something the Steam version has for no extra cost, regardless of the depth of content. (or that people got cheaper than GOG out of the price error). Once that first week edition is gone, I would bet NIS will charge some where in the ballpark of 6-8 bucks for that content. If it gets sold separately at some point. =/
Lebibik: OST bundled in steam version is only 5 tracks "digital soundtrack sampler", faaaar away from an complete one, or a best-off.

EliteAlien: That is disappointing in ways, and all the good reason GOG should get it to then. As it's still something the Steam version has for no extra cost, regardless of the depth of content. (or that people got cheaper than GOG out of the price error). Once that first week edition is gone, I would bet NIS will charge some where in the ballpark of 6-8 bucks for that content. If it gets sold separately at some point. =/
I don't know that's the first problem, it's mostly a 60$ blind purchase at this point.

GOG YS VIII never got thoses "little" extras (ost, artbook, some cosmetics) purchasable or obtainable but i can hope they changed since then ? After all Cold Steel 3 is the first Nisa game on gog with achievements.