It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experience an epic multilayered story that has been developed across three titles and was designed to captivate new and old fans alike. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM. In this colorful anime RPG, you can explore some newly annexed lands of the Empire with a new squad of heroes and catch up with familiar faces from the past.
I agree. As it stands it looks like GOG is selling a "worse" edition of the game than either of the two on Steam. At a higher price (or at least higher than the cheap one on Steam).

I would prefer to get the game here, but not if it means paying a significant markup in price.
Equlan: I agree. As it stands it looks like GOG is selling a "worse" edition of the game than either of the two on Steam.
That could be so.

Alternatively, it could be so that GOG is offering the "Launch Week Only Edition" with the version that it is currently selling, yet has failed to state that point clearly on the game's store page.

Either way, this point requires clarity from a GOG employee and/or a NISA employee. Customers should not be having to take wild guesses about what they are and aren't getting in exchange for their money.
Post edited March 23, 2020 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
stryx: Shouldn't we play parts 1 and 2 first? Strange to start with part 3.
Hikage1983: Those have been available here for years. Different publisher.
You're right. I had clicked on publisher and dev and hadn't found anything.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Alternatively, it could be so that GOG is offering the "Launch Week Only Edition" with the version that it is currently selling, yet has failed to state that point clearly on the game's store page.

Either way, this point requires clarity from a GOG employee and/or a NISA employee. Customers should not be having to take wild guesses about what they are and aren't getting in exchange for their money.
Yeah, it could honestly be either of the Steam versions, but it might be none of them.

The price would seem to indicate one of the former (I hope it's not the Launch Week Only Edition since the GOG version costs 10$ more at least in my region).

On the other hand the GOG version as just the gamle title, no "edition", so in that sense it looks like a bare-bones version of the game.

Personally I would prefer to get a barebones version with no DLC, *if the price matched that*.
Trust NISA to fuck this up...
More JRPGs are always a good thing. Thanks GOG! :D
Talking about JRPGs, hope you bring Neptunia VII and/or Super Neptunia RPG here someday...
Being more than 2 years later than the Japanese PS4 version and almost half a year later than the English PS4 version, I was expecting a 40€ price point for the base game (I still want to wait until all game versions are properly defined).

It must be a great port full of features, like the other two, but I think I'm going to wait for a sale. To the wishlist it goes for now. This gives me a lot more time to finish the Sky trilogy and play Zero and Ao, to not spoil myself all those stories.
It is thoroughly unsatisfying to see the game is 20% pricier everywhere else than on Steam, while coming with less content. The question has been asked to NISA, I'm not holding my breath for any answer (probably something about the lack of DRMs).
How's the censorship coming along? I must look for newer news.
Hahaha sweet NISA ninja increased base game price on Steam so it was an error.
Does it mean it's the launch week edition we are getting here ?
DieSterne: Does it mean it's the launch week edition we are getting here ?
Well we can only assume so since the product page is not as complete as the steam one, but i'm kinda jelly i didn't jumped on the steam version, i didn't thought it was a pricing error. In other hand, it seems the dlc's are missing and people are claiming dlc outfits are really bugged or missing in game.
Lebibik: Hahaha sweet NISA ninja increased base game price on Steam so it was an error.
Words fail me....

But that still leaves us without the launch week content here.
As long as we are getting the same edition, I prefer to get mine here, since I dislike DRMs.
As for the DLCs, that is just a launching problem, and I guess it will be fixes in the next few days. I'm just waiting for the confirmation about the edition available here, before buying the game.
DieSterne: Does it mean it's the launch week edition we are getting here ?
We simply don't know. A GOG employee is going to have to tell us whether or not that is the case.