It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Travel 2,000 years into the past and relive the final days of a cursed Roman city, where if one person sins, everyone dies. The Forgotten City, a mystery adventure game of exploration and deduction, is now available on GOG.COM along with a 10% discount that will last until 4th August 2021, 7:30 AM UTC!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Thought this was the Lovecraftian game - then I realized that was The Sinking City. Very unusual release time.
Post edited July 28, 2021 by tremere110
This game was a mod for Skyrim, then it became a standalone game. Maybe Skyrim is on the way to GOG too...?
Silverhawk170485: This game was a mod for Skyrim, then it became a standalone game. Maybe Skyrim is on the way to GOG too...?
Ha, nah maybe not. Sure this was a mod for Skyrim but this game and maker other than the mod have nothing to do with Skyrim. But nonetheless I would love Skyrim and especially Skyrim SE to come to GOG. I would rebuy in a heart beat. But if this game is half is good as the mod was, I'm sure people will gravitate towards it.
Post edited July 28, 2021 by EA-SK8ER_
Hi, GOG. Whould you be so kind and release here the "mistirious" game this game was made from...
Friend asks...
(and another, and another, and something like "a lot of people"... :/)
I think this game might be good on its own regardless of its origin as a Skyrim mod. The Ancient Rome and time loop themes are interesting.
high rated
I would advise people not to buy the soundtrack.
Of the 30 tracks that are in it, only 9 are truly lossless, the rest are bad MP3s converted into WAVs.
And even if you don't care about sound quality, the files are way too heavy as a result of the conversion.
Looking forward to play it.
low rated
Looks like they also "Forgot" to give GOG customers equal parity with the Steam version, by leaving out Galaxy Achievements. But of course, they didn't "Forget" Steam Achievements.

This is therefore an instant Never Buy from me.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Looks like they also "Forgot" to give GOG customers equal parity with the Steam version, by leaving out Galaxy Achievements. But of course, they didn't "Forget" Steam Achievements.

This is therefore an instant Never Buy from me.
Just checked this, achievements are there:

https://www.gog.com/u/Ancient-Red-Dragon/game/1231956919
No lingua latina localization — no buy!
Ok, I get this is only released today, but maybe someone can speak from experience with the original mod, or maybe this was discussed on some forum: does anyone have any idea how long this game roughly is?

EDIT: ah, Steam review describes it as rather short but with multiple endings. Might make me buy it actually, since I lately prefer more focused gameplay over attempts to artificially increase playtime.
Post edited July 28, 2021 by Robette
Silverhawk170485: This game was a mod for Skyrim, then it became a standalone game. Maybe Skyrim is on the way to GOG too...?
my thoughts exactly! come on gog
GOG.com: Travel 2,000 years into the past and relive the final days of a cursed Roman city, where if one person sins, everyone dies. The Forgotten City, a mystery adventure game of exploration and deduction, is now available on GOG.COM along with a 10% discount that will last until 4th August 2021, 7:30 AM UTC!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
I never heard of that original mod, what game was it for? (edit: Skyrim ok)

Also, that end dialogue: gold!
Post edited July 28, 2021 by Zoidberg
Very nice! The mod for Skyrim is one of the better player-made story experiences and I'm glad to see they took that and turned it into its own game.