It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut is now available. Get the game before September 3rd, 4pm UTC to receive a free copy of The Bard's Tale Trilogy.

Update: Both Mac and Linux versions of The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut are now available

Hidden in the shadows, an evil has waited patiently. Until now. Who will face the darkness if not you? A heroic adventure featuring 50+ hours of gameplay, 350 speaking parts, a Legacy Mode for returning fans, and over 100 pieces of incredible music!

The Director’s Cut brings more character customization options, new items, new enemies, revised UI, and a free expansion dungeon.

The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut - Deluxe Edition includes plenty of digital goodies, including a free copy of The Bard's Tale Trilogy

Notice: Owners of The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep will receive the Director's Cut for free.
Just downloaded nearly a 4 GB update to this game. There is no home page when I click on it, no forum specific place. It doesn't say what this update is. Can someone link the link that doesn't work for me? I assume it works for others (especially the forum for the directors cut game). Or maybe say, if you know, what the update was. Seems massive.
Kohleran: Just downloaded nearly a 4 GB update to this game. There is no home page when I click on it, no forum specific place. It doesn't say what this update is. Can someone link the link that doesn't work for me? I assume it works for others (especially the forum for the directors cut game). Or maybe say, if you know, what the update was. Seems massive.
There is no changelog for the game here as of yet, but I'll presume it's this one:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091980/discussions/0/1636418037481639759/
I really want to put down money for this but the screenshots looks like crap.... the original version (which only exists in dark places now) looked beautiful.. this edition looks like dog crap compared to the old one. Anyone know if the big 4GB patch fixed the shadows and lighting?
"(PC) Improved NPC shadows and fixed High and Ultra shadow settings"
eric5h5: "(PC) Improved NPC shadows and fixed High and Ultra shadow settings"
Dankeschön!
GOG_Solostran: standard edition purchases.
Hi!

Can you please direct this to Linux packaging team who are preparing releases of The Bard's Tale IV. There is no need to wrap .sh file into zip - it's just a waste of decompression time. Data in .sh is already compressed.

Also, the most recent update again has broken installer... For the third time!
Post edited September 11, 2019 by shmerl
Kohleran: Just downloaded nearly a 4 GB update to this game. There is no home page when I click on it, no forum specific place. It doesn't say what this update is.... Seems massive.
It's an MPEG-4 of Baby Shark, the 100 hour version.
Kohleran: Just downloaded nearly a 4 GB update to this game. There is no home page when I click on it, no forum specific place. It doesn't say what this update is.... Seems massive.
bler144: It's an MPEG-4 of Baby Shark, the 100 hour version.
Seriously... I hope not... because that means the linux update will be 25+4GB (as in linux they will convert the 4GB video into small jpeg files and replay those, like they did with other videos in game). ....
"Update: Both Mac and Linux versions of The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut are now available"

@GOG.com - it actually isn't available, because the Linux installer is broken (yet again!) Could you please fix it? Thank you.

Whatever you have been doing isn't working. This is the 3rd broken one in a few weeks.

UPDATE: It is fixed now. Thanks!
Post edited September 15, 2019 by Aikahu
Yes, current linux installer works for me too, the updated version of game works noticeably better for me.

I have now like ~20h of game time, and having fun, I really like the writing, scenery and also quests and game play, *feels* like good old classic RPG (so it must be even more polished and finished, because if it would be just on par with the good old ones, it would feel dated/unfinished today). Not sure if I would compare it already to the all-time-stars like UU1, but this game doesn't have to feel ashamed for anything...

(well... the technical quality is questionable in some aspects, but that's hidden from ordinary players, so let's keep it at "the game is good", because it is, IMO).

Thanks devs and congrats, it's not an easy task to continue with old franchise where nostalgia modified original memories into something far superior... :)
ped7g: (well... the technical quality is questionable in some aspects, but that's hidden from ordinary players, so let's keep it at "the game is good", because it is, IMO).
Agree! The game itself is good and has been pretty fun to me so far.
Post edited September 15, 2019 by Aikahu
Could somebody please confirm that I still get the Bard's Tale trilogy if I buy the Deluxe Edition? Thank you!

OK... to answer myself: I just have tried it and if anyone is interested in the deluxe edition: you still get the remastered trilogy too although that is not clearly stated in the store page...
Post edited September 18, 2019 by RainbowDragon
So I feel like I'm living through an episode of the Twilight Zone, given I can't find a single post on the internet regarding the latest BT4 update (released a couple days ago) which appears to have some issues. After launching the game post update, it appeared I no longer had any game save data (the Load Game option was greyed out), although after digging through a bunch of folders I was able to find my saves from before the update (it just didn't seem tor recognize them?). I tried a verify/repair to no avail, and figured I'd just do a complete re-install. That was a mistake, as after I uninstalled it, I'm not able to re-install (getting the classic "Installation Failed: Disk Access Problem". I had no issues installing the first time around (with no changes) and even went back in and adjusted all the disk access/anit-virus options just to be safe, but still no dice :(

I finally gave up and opened a support ticket yesterday, but no response so far. Is anyone else having issues like this?