It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut is now available. Get the game before September 3rd, 4pm UTC to receive a free copy of The Bard's Tale Trilogy.

Update: Both Mac and Linux versions of The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut are now available

Hidden in the shadows, an evil has waited patiently. Until now. Who will face the darkness if not you? A heroic adventure featuring 50+ hours of gameplay, 350 speaking parts, a Legacy Mode for returning fans, and over 100 pieces of incredible music!

The Director’s Cut brings more character customization options, new items, new enemies, revised UI, and a free expansion dungeon.

The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut - Deluxe Edition includes plenty of digital goodies, including a free copy of The Bard's Tale Trilogy

Notice: Owners of The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep will receive the Director's Cut for free.
What if one only wants the original three games, but not the fourth game?
shmerl: For the reference, all Kickstarter backers can upgrade to deluxe edition of Director's Cut for free. You can get GOG key from Crowdox for it.

You don't need to contact them or wait - just log in to Crowdox portal, you can find the key there.
ChrisGamer300: Oh ok, mine didn't arrive so i had to but i guess that was on my side.
at least this morning i didnt find my deluxe key in Crowdox yet nor did i get it by mail yet .

EDIT: Just when i was about to finish this message i just refreshed my emails and got my deluxe key via Email 12 Minutes ago ;) - so it seems it is a bit delayed for some but key should show up as soon as email was send and not b4 on Crowdox
Maxvorstadt: What if one only wants the original three games, but not the fourth game?
What do you mean? You can buy the trilogy individually ...
(Of course, you won't get it "for free" then. ;) )
Post edited August 27, 2019 by Leroux
TT_TT_TT_TT: EDIT: Just when i was about to finish this message i just refreshed my emails and got my deluxe key via Email 12 Minutes ago ;) - so it seems it is a bit delayed for some but key should show up as soon as email was send and not b4 on Crowdox
I never really got the e-mail. Just logged into https://portal.crowdox.com and got the key from "Digital Downloads and Keys".
definitely wishlisted this one
Maxvorstadt: What if one only wants the original three games, but not the fourth game?
Leroux: What do you mean? You can buy the trilogy individually ...
(Of course, you won't get it "for free" then. ;) )
Ah, interesting. I thought I had to install "The Bards Tale " from 2004 again to get the old ones. But remastered is of course better. Don`t know, if they run on my crappy laptop.
I am confused now about the "original trilogy".

Ok, so you get the original trilogy:

https://www.gog.com/game/the_bards_tale_trilogy

if you buy BT4 (until the beginning of September?).

However, the Bard's Tale 2004:

https://www.gog.com/game/the_bards_tale

also states: "Includes the original classic games The Bard’s Tale 1, 2, and 3"

So apparently the trilogy included in the 2004 game is different from the trilogy that is included with BT4 purchase? Seems so as I have that 2004 game, but not the trilogy, in my account. What are the BT 1-3 games in the 2004 game?
timppu: So apparently the trilogy included in the 2004 game is different from the trilogy that is included with BT4 purchase? Seems so as I have that 2004 game, but not the trilogy, in my account. What are the BT 1-3 games in the 2004 game?
The ones in 2004 are emulated originals. The other trilogy is a remaster.

You can access the emulated ones from inside the game, but it never worked for me. You can also extract them and play in an emulator directly.

See: https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Bard%27s_Tale#Run_in_MESS
Post edited August 27, 2019 by shmerl
Music, sound effects and combat in this game is absolutely fantastic! Especially the music, is absolutely addictive!! <3
Just in time for some new headphones.....

I’ve been wanting this game for SOOOOO long.

Put off buying this game for the last two months waiting for this rerelease..

Couldn’t bring myself to purchase on other platforms (want the DRM free (hassle free) GOG version), and love supporting devs supporting GOG.

This game has had so few sales (on all platforms) for the last year, so I encourage anyone considering buying it- don’t wait!

Myself? I am an ‘old schooler’ who loved me my Lands of Lore/Dungeon Master/Might and Magic games from the eighties and early nineties.. Is this the elixir I have been looking for- abso-bard-o-loot-lee !!
New version has massive graphical downgrade.
BeatriceElysia: New version has massive graphical downgrade.
Interesting. In what way?
The game looks brighter but it has better textures, detail and less derpy faces overall which i like so hardly a downgrade.

The other improvements are nice as well.
BeatriceElysia: New version has massive graphical downgrade.
shmerl: Interesting. In what way?
Old vers

The New vers...

Consolitis strikes again...

The first two are mine the last one is from a user over at the official forums... hopefully, a game journalist will pick this up!
Post edited August 28, 2019 by takezodunmer2005
takezodunmer2005: Old vers

The New vers...

Consolitis strikes again...

The first two are mine the last one is from a user over at the official forums... hopefully, a game journalist will pick this up!
Seriously?! And there is no way to increase graphics options for better look? Second pictures look a lot worse. That's a very nasty downgrade. Is that the result of Xbox execs poisoning the game?
Post edited August 28, 2019 by shmerl