It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It’s finally here! Alliance Alive HD Remastered, a beautifully crafted role-playing game from FURYU Corporation, arrives on GOG.COM today, DRM-free. Start your adventure and join the unlikely fellowship of heroes that bands together to spark a fiery revolution against evil Daemons who enslaved the world.

Until 23rd January 2020, 6 PM UTC, The Alliance Alive HD Remastered will be available on GOG.COM 10% off, while in the same time its Limited Digital Edition will receive a 12% discount.
Hmmm. A few thoughts on this game:

- The name sounds stupid;
- The art looks very pretty;
- The story appears to be okay-ish, not bad but also not groundbreaking;
- That base price is quite a bit beyond what I would pay for a game these days. Thankfully I have no shortage of a backlog to draw from until the price goes down or I somehow get rich enough that money won't be a concern;
- NisA can go "die" in a fire and leave the work for companies that deserve our support like XSeed.
Hehe NISA can't even bring keyboard and mouse controls to a PC port, what kind of a fucking company is this ?

I really liked YS 8 but not thanks to NISA which they messed up at launch too and other dozens other victims they have claimed over the years.
Post edited January 17, 2020 by ChrisGamer300
I really liked their first game on 3DS, and people were saying this one is even better, so I'll probably grab it. I'm curious if they're using Atlus' 3DS translation or if they redid it for their own release.

All of that said, you know, I don't mind having to use a controller at all, I'm perfectly fine with that, but, GOG, you should really add just a little blurb on the page for people who may buy this game unknowingly and get miffed about feeling tricked due to the lack of mention, especially since such a mention is on Steam. "Controller Support" isn't "Controllers Only".
Again, has anybody tested this game under WINE?
Great to see it here, although that price is preposterous for a port of an old 3DS game.
Post edited January 17, 2020 by SirPrimalform
SirPrimalform: Great to see it here, although that price is preposterous for a port of an old 3DS game!
2017 (2018 for the west) is now considered old? Oh Time, thou art such a cruel Dynast. :(

All jokes aside, it costs $39.99 on the 3DS eshop so i think the HD price is just right.

Also, reminder for 3DS owners that the eshop has a demo should you want to try it out before buying here. :)

Other than the graphics, little else has changed for this version.
Post edited January 17, 2020 by Hikage1983
Hikage1983: 2017 (2018 for the west) is now considered old? Oh Time, thou art such a cruel Dynast. :(

All jokes aside, it costs $39.99 on the 3DS eshop so i think the HD price is just right.

Also, reminder for 3DS owners that the eshop has a demo should you want to try it out before buying here. :)

Other than the graphics, little else has changed for this version.
Ah, I think I was mixing this up with a similar looking game by the same dev? Looking it up it's probably Legend of Legacy that I was thinking of.
I guess I should have said "last gen" rather than old.
SirPrimalform: Ah, I think I was mixing this up with a similar looking game by the same dev? Looking it up it's probably Legend of Legacy that I was thinking of.
No worries! And yep. Same dev. Tho this one is far far FAR more complex and complete than Legend of Legacy ever was, which literally had no story.
SirPrimalform: Ah, I think I was mixing this up with a similar looking game by the same dev? Looking it up it's probably Legend of Legacy that I was thinking of.
Hikage1983: No worries! And yep. Same dev. Tho this one is far far FAR more complex and complete than Legend of Legacy ever was, which literally had no story.
Yeah, that game was a huge letdown... but, my God - the soundtrack was INCREDIBLE.
Hikage1983: No worries! And yep. Same dev. Tho this one is far far FAR more complex and complete than Legend of Legacy ever was, which literally had no story.
Chacranajxy: Yeah, that game was a huge letdown... but, my God - the soundtrack was INCREDIBLE.
That it was. Same beautiful designs as this one too.
pkk234: Can someone confirm that this game has NO keyboard and mouse support?
If it really is only for controller, that shit is ridiculous.
Crosmando: The Steam version says it needs a gamepad to play, no KBM support. Seems like they're not mentioning this on the GOG page.
saldite: I really liked their first game on 3DS, and people were saying this one is even better, so I'll probably grab it. I'm curious if they're using Atlus' 3DS translation or if they redid it for their own release.

All of that said, you know, I don't mind having to use a controller at all, I'm perfectly fine with that, but, GOG, you should really add just a little blurb on the page for people who may buy this game unknowingly and get miffed about feeling tricked due to the lack of mention, especially since such a mention is on Steam. "Controller Support" isn't "Controllers Only".
A user on NISA's Discord server wrote that the GOG version for some unknown reason supports the keyboard, unlike the Steam version.
Post edited January 17, 2020 by Alexim
Alexim: A user on NISA's Discord server wrote that the GOG version for some unknown reason supports the keyboard, unlike the Steam version.
Bizarre. Maybe that was a requirement of GOG's for this version. Hopefully that doesn't cause any issues with update parity down the line, but we'll see.

Either way, neat!
high rated
dtgreene: Again, has anybody tested this game under WINE?
I've tried it, but not put much effort into it. Notes so far:

- needs corefonts winetricks or text is all smashed together

- no movies, and 64-bit, so my usual tricks to enable movies won't work. They don't lock up the game, though, and you can skip them. I'll probably play with this some more to see if I can get it working. [edit: tried a few tricks; giving up now. I really wish gstreamer support actually did something useful, but it's been broken since the gst-1.0 transition] [edit 2: see below for fix]

- no sound in main/start menu, probably for same reason as no movies. Sound is OK during game, though. [edit 2: as expected, fixing movies fixed this as well]

- main gameplay seems fine. Moving characters, talking, menus, fighting, etc.

- keyboard is configured for a basic controller->kb map (e.g. x or z, don't remember which, is X/O on controller). Works with controller w/o extra work, though. [edit: actually, very few buttons are mapped, as far as I could see, so you can't really play with kb only, anyway. e.g. you can skip/reply the broken movies, but you can't pop up the main in-game menu]

[edit 2: I enable dxvk by default these days, and use wine-4.0.x]

As usual, your experience may vary.
Post edited January 19, 2020 by darktjm
pkk234: Can someone confirm that this game has NO keyboard and mouse support?
If it really is only for controller, that shit is ridiculous.
Alexim:
saldite: I really liked their first game on 3DS, and people were saying this one is even better, so I'll probably grab it. I'm curious if they're using Atlus' 3DS translation or if they redid it for their own release.

Alexim: A user on NISA's Discord server wrote that the GOG version for some unknown reason supports the keyboard, unlike the Steam version.
Oh, very cool. Thanks for the info.
XYCat: omg what is this? A chibi anime? I don't have 40 to waste on that even though I would if I did have 40 money to waste on it.
Chibi styled JRPG? Sign me up as the SNES days nearly every JRPG was chibi styled! But yeah, I'll definitely wait for a deeper sale as I'm not made of money... and one can never have too many JRPGs!