It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is it Thursday yet? Yes it is.

<span class="bold">The Age of Decadence</span>, a dark, brutal, low-fantasy RPG of choice and consequence, is available now - DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

The Age of Decadence is many things.
It's "an isometric, turn-based, single-player role-playing game set in a low magic, post-apocalyptic fantasy world, inspired by the fall of the Roman Empire." How unique does that sound? Pretty darn unique.

It's a brutal game. It's a game about the brutality and consequences of being human. Instead of saving the world from an all-encompassing evil, you'll discover a world that's already gone to hell, and you'll soon learn why.

It's an incredibly open game. The Age of Decadence respects your right to be a pacifist. A lying, manipulative pacifist. It's a game that'll remind you of a classic text adventure with branching choices and betrayal at every corner. It's also a game with incredible replayability - the choices you make and your origin will influence the game in ways significant enough that you'll feel compelled just to see the other side of the story. Whether an assassin, a drifter, a merchant or a merc - you'll have a thousand stories to tell, and few of them will end well. Check out our own early impressions of the game still in development.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. <span class="bold">The Age of Decadence</span> is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last until Monday, October 19, 12:59 PM GMT.

In the Press:
"Even walking the non-violent path, this game is no picnic, unless it’s a picnic covered with ants who act friendly, lure you into an alley, and then beat the shit out of you." --RockPaperShotgun
deleted
Post edited October 14, 2015 by Fairfox
lowyhong: And thanks to the amazing generosity of JudasIscariot and Starmaker,
ShadowWulfe: It's a shame MADMAN ain't here.

On topic, I'll have to consider getting this.
Indeed.
Phaidox: Can anyone kindly remove the "review" written by blackroseblade? I thought trolling was frowned upon here.
Fairfox: "Trolling" does not mean "an opinion I disagree with." The user is allowed to not like the game, vehemently, and possibly against the flow. If one thing bugs me (and not much does, for I AM UNFLAPPABLE) it's people that try and remove opinion because they don't share/like it, and pretend it's for the greater good. BOO TO THAT.
I'm sorry, but it is not possible for any sensible human being to take that user's review seriously. His/her "arguments" simply don't hold water. It's a joke, and a poor one at that.
@Phaidox
The only way to make this review "disappear" is to bury it under other reviews. Go make one yourself.
Zoidberg: Also... why the heck is the game more expensive here than on Steam?!
What do you mean? Base price is exactly the same on GOG and Steam (27.99€), at least in Eurozone. Discounted price is 10 cents more expensive on GOG (seems GOG calculates discount using full euros, ignoring the cents) but then again you get 1.10 € store credit.
deleted
I hope a Mac version will follow.
Fairfox: "Trolling" does not mean "an opinion I disagree with." The user is allowed to not like the game, vehemently, and possibly against the flow. If one thing bugs me (and not much does, for I AM UNFLAPPABLE) it's people that try and remove opinion because they don't share/like it, and pretend it's for the greater good. BOO TO THAT.
Phaidox: I'm sorry, but it is not possible for any sensible human being to take that user's review seriously. His/her "arguments" simply don't hold water. It's a joke, and a poor one at that.
I'm not going to review the game as I've only played the demo but it's an absolutely dreadful game which has vocal fanbase blind to its obvious flaws.

The huge over reliance on precise triggers means your freedom is limited to solutions the developer thought of. Anything you think of yourself and the developer did not is impossible, even if its the most obvious solution to a problem.

The huge over reliance on skill checks means the player is forced to cheese his way through each area rather than be encouraged to role play.

The combat isn't bad but in order to survive you have to create a min maxed character designed almost solely for combat. That's fair enough but any deviation from a character designed purely for combat means you have to engage with the shitty choose you own adventure skill checked to death non combat mess which is the majority of the game.

It's just not good. And overpriced.
I hardly ever make day one purchases but I made an exception today. This is a game that is unlike pretty much everything out there right now. It dares to be different and swim against the current. It's not a game for everyone, but it's my kind of game.
I remember this game from Kickstarter, looked interesting but I wasn´t sure whether to pick it up.

Now I know I should, and that is why I wishlisted it :)
lowyhong: ITZ HAS COME!!
JudasIscariot: No, no, save that for Grimoire :D
Implying Grimoire will ever be released... :P
Uncreation: Implying Grimoire will ever be released... :P
"Only 4 micro-issues remain!" :P
Zoidberg: Also... why the heck is the game more expensive here than on Steam?!
Petrell: What do you mean? Base price is exactly the same on GOG and Steam (27.99€), at least in Eurozone. Discounted price is 10 cents more expensive on GOG (seems GOG calculates discount using full euros, ignoring the cents) but then again you get 1.10 € store credit.
Yeah base price is the same... the rounding feels strange though, 10% of 27,99 should be 2,79... bah, whatever the rounding, it's still regionally priced, so who cares about that detail, right? XP
Uncreation: Implying Grimoire will ever be released... :P
Oh, sure it will. Just not in our lifetime. ;-p
lowyhong: ITZ HAS COME!!
Grimoire?