It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is it Thursday yet? Yes it is.

<span class="bold">The Age of Decadence</span>, a dark, brutal, low-fantasy RPG of choice and consequence, is available now - DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

The Age of Decadence is many things.
It's "an isometric, turn-based, single-player role-playing game set in a low magic, post-apocalyptic fantasy world, inspired by the fall of the Roman Empire." How unique does that sound? Pretty darn unique.

It's a brutal game. It's a game about the brutality and consequences of being human. Instead of saving the world from an all-encompassing evil, you'll discover a world that's already gone to hell, and you'll soon learn why.

It's an incredibly open game. The Age of Decadence respects your right to be a pacifist. A lying, manipulative pacifist. It's a game that'll remind you of a classic text adventure with branching choices and betrayal at every corner. It's also a game with incredible replayability - the choices you make and your origin will influence the game in ways significant enough that you'll feel compelled just to see the other side of the story. Whether an assassin, a drifter, a merchant or a merc - you'll have a thousand stories to tell, and few of them will end well. Check out our own early impressions of the game still in development.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. <span class="bold">The Age of Decadence</span> is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last until Monday, October 19, 12:59 PM GMT.

In the Press:
"Even walking the non-violent path, this game is no picnic, unless it’s a picnic covered with ants who act friendly, lure you into an alley, and then beat the shit out of you." --RockPaperShotgun
apehater: thats interesting, so that game was about 10 years in development?
I checked Wikipedia and it looks like it's been in development since 2004, so that's about 11 years. It's not Duke Nukem Forever's 15-year dev cycle, but still pretty insane.
thejimz: I remember seeing hype for this game in like 2005. Totally forgot it existed. I can't believe it's out--it actually doesn't look too bad!
"The Iron Tower Studio team started work on the game in March 2004.[17] The team is developing for Microsoft Windows using the Torque video game engine.[2] They plan to port the game to OS X and Linux, which Torque 3D also supports, unless they "run into serious problems with Torque".[18] Software releases began with a combat demo in December 2009.[19] Two later releases of the combat demo fixed bugs and addressed issues like game balance. In March 2012, Iron Tower Studios released a public beta (version 0.8.6) of the game[20] which is feature-complete except for Alchemy[21] but only has one town.[citation needed]

In January 2013, Valve Corporation announced that The Age of Decadence had been selected for advancement through the Steam Greenlight program.[22] The game was released on October 14, 2015.[23]" -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Age_of_Decadence
Post edited October 15, 2015 by Niggles
low rated
thejimz: I checked Wikipedia and it looks like it's been in development since 2004, so that's about 11 years. It's not Duke Nukem Forever's 15-year dev cycle, but still pretty insane.
thanks
Niggles: "The Iron Tower Studio team started work on the game in March 2004.[17] The team is developing for Microsoft Windows using the Torque video game engine.[2] They plan to port the game to OS X and Linux, which Torque 3D also supports, unless they "run into serious problems with Torque".[18] Software releases began with a combat demo in December 2009.[19] Two later releases of the combat demo fixed bugs and addressed issues like game balance. In March 2012, Iron Tower Studios released a public beta (version 0.8.6) of the game[20] which is feature-complete except for Alchemy[21] but only has one town.[citation needed]

In January 2013, Valve Corporation announced that The Age of Decadence had been selected for advancement through the Steam Greenlight program.[22] The game was released on October 14, 2015.[23]" -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Age_of_Decadence
thanks

its kind of a bad sign that gog releases right now a game with such a title. must be gog's to way express sarcasm.
Post edited October 15, 2015 by apehater
apehater: thanks

its kind of a bad sign that gog releases right now a game with such a title. must be gog's to way express sarcasm.
Not sure where the sarcasm is as our release of the game coincided with its worldwide release.
JudasIscariot: No, no, save that for Grimoire :D
FoxySage: Grimoire?
Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar is a game that is infamous in certain circles for basically being the Duke Nukem Forever of old-school RPGs (except it's been in development in some form or another even longer than DNF was). If it ever is released, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but until Cleve Blakemore finishes those "1.2 Micro issues" or whatever it will continue to be a punchline among more grognard-y RPG types.

In regards to this game, I remember hearing about it years ago and am totally interested in giving it a shot. Even if it's not my thing, I imagine it will at least be interesting.
bad_fur_day1: Hard? Skill checks? Old 3d graphics? Min / Max?

Yes, good, good. :Pats kitty:
Where is your bunny?
JudasIscariot: Not sure where the sarcasm is as our release of the game coincided with its worldwide release.
Playing an assassin on my first try, been pushing my dodge, sword, lockpick, and sneak. Anything else you recommend?
Gnostic: Where is your bunny?
I had to kill him to gain more dark ninja power. Cat replacement.
apehater: thanks

JudasIscariot: Not sure where the sarcasm is as our release of the game coincided with its worldwide release.
You haven't answered the question: why isn't there a demo on GOG?
Thiev: snip
I asked Judas but he missed it - why doesn't GOG offer demos when the publishers do? AoD here has a demo on Steam but not on GOG. There should be a spot on the store page for you guys to add one. Probably between the social media buttons and Add to Cart somewhere.
bad_fur_day1: I had to kill him to gain more dark ninja power. Cat replacement.
Cat replacement Ninja powers? I thought you use the bunny red eyes for your red eyes ninjistu.
thejimz: I checked Wikipedia and it looks like it's been in development since 2004, so that's about 11 years. It's not Duke Nukem Forever's 15-year dev cycle, but still pretty insane.
Yes, but the team was so much smaller and the budget? I think that they started to make this game as a side project, sort of a hobby. But those guys (international team in several countries) are truly passionate and hard-core and because of that I'm buying this game! I have followed the development of this RPG since 2008 or 2009 - soon after they released first screenshots. I played their first demo - arena. I'm very happy that this game finally is finished!
I just love this line in one of the reviews:
If you think even for a second that your wealthy merchant will be able to talk his way out of an ambush in the slum district just because you've maxed out your charisma and persuasion skills you'll be sorely disappointed.
Someone check the devs into rehab.
Brilliant! This looks like a must-have.
Will have to wishlist it for now though.
bad_fur_day1: I had to kill him to gain more dark ninja power. Cat replacement.
You know that a bunny is a better killer

http://oi33.tinypic.com/20r0ozp.jpg
Post edited October 15, 2015 by wolfsrain