It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is it Thursday yet? Yes it is.

<span class="bold">The Age of Decadence</span>, a dark, brutal, low-fantasy RPG of choice and consequence, is available now - DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

The Age of Decadence is many things.
It's "an isometric, turn-based, single-player role-playing game set in a low magic, post-apocalyptic fantasy world, inspired by the fall of the Roman Empire." How unique does that sound? Pretty darn unique.

It's a brutal game. It's a game about the brutality and consequences of being human. Instead of saving the world from an all-encompassing evil, you'll discover a world that's already gone to hell, and you'll soon learn why.

It's an incredibly open game. The Age of Decadence respects your right to be a pacifist. A lying, manipulative pacifist. It's a game that'll remind you of a classic text adventure with branching choices and betrayal at every corner. It's also a game with incredible replayability - the choices you make and your origin will influence the game in ways significant enough that you'll feel compelled just to see the other side of the story. Whether an assassin, a drifter, a merchant or a merc - you'll have a thousand stories to tell, and few of them will end well. Check out our own early impressions of the game still in development.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. <span class="bold">The Age of Decadence</span> is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last until Monday, October 19, 12:59 PM GMT.

In the Press:
"Even walking the non-violent path, this game is no picnic, unless it’s a picnic covered with ants who act friendly, lure you into an alley, and then beat the shit out of you." --RockPaperShotgun
This looks like a really nice game so many thanks for bringing it here :)
EndreWhiteMane: Sounds and looks great so far, and with very reasonable system requirements too. That's a breath of fresh air.

Would love to know why developers and publishers leave GOG out of their advertising though.
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/buy-now
No mention of us anywhere.
Can't sell something that people don't realize is there to buy.
If they don't care about selling here, will they care about updates here?
Updates have been my biggest gripe with GOG lately. :/
Someone at the RPG Codex has pointed it out to Vince already and VD said it will be fixed ASAP. You can't blame him for not noticing this, it's a very stressing time to him and all IT crew. I wish them over million copies sold in one year :].

I first learned about this game about a year after I registered on the Codex but didn't think much about it then. Only after Teron demo had been released the game got my attention. My first impression was bad - ugly looking (or so I thought at the time, I immediately forgot about aesthetics and presentation, the game was so absorbing that I forgot I have to eat or work ;P) game that only has one town (in a demo). Oh, boy was I wrong. This game has soul that most contemporary games lack. The setting is one of the best if not the best ones ever created, the characters feel alive and are brutally realistic and the quests are exquisite.

There are no fillers here, no copy-pasting and no bloat. You can't grind here either because every fight is meaningful and there are no trash mobs. In fact, quite often it's more advantageous to skip a fight and skill points because the price is too big to pay, e.g. by making enemies of a powerful faction your options are limited and in the end you get less skill points. Now that's truly unique way of making cRPGs. Usually you're a leader of a fearless party that fears nothing - and I mean nothing, be it a dragon or Jewish condominium. Who in his right mind would flee from a fight right? You're after all destined to become a demi-god that can destroy a whole town if you wish so even though a while earlier you had problems with rats or goblins. Well, not in in Age of Decadence.

Oh, and I said at the beginning that this game looks ugly - it's anything but. Locations are varied and some of them look amazing while the rest is decent at least. In fact I've never had immersion breaking, contrary to Fallout new Vegas for example (characters there look terrible and their mimics can give a headache, not to mention bugs and copy-pasted locations).
And thanks to the amazing generosity of JudasIscariot and Starmaker, I now have it in my library. With this, MADMAN, Wasteland 2 DC, Serpent in the Staglands, etc, there's just so much incline it brings a tear to my eye.
Wow... I'm so tempted to get it now. something urges me to do so. But that wouldn't be reasonable. Will have to wait a bit but definitely at or near the top of wishlist
Also... why the heck is the game more expensive here than on Steam?!
Zoidberg: Also... why the heck is the game more expensive here than on Steam?!
Rounding error in the discount it seems, though getting it on GOG does end up being €1.00 cheaper, assuming you'll use the store credit.
bad_fur_day1: I like the sound of not killing of hallways full monsters the entire game on quests to kill hallways full of monsters. Want.
That's an impressive case of Critical Sentence Failure. =P
lowyhong: And thanks to the amazing generosity of JudasIscariot and Starmaker,
It's a shame MADMAN ain't here.

On topic, I'll have to consider getting this.
It's out? Damn... I really want to play it, but I can't afford to - funds are needed elsewhere. I thought this wasn't coming out until December...

For those on the fence about getting it, there's a (dated) demo on their website that gives a taste of what the game is like. That's how I stumbled across it and what convinced me that this game was going to be great. Almost certainly the best game of 2015 and worth every penny.
EndreWhiteMane: Sounds and looks great so far, and with very reasonable system requirements too. That's a breath of fresh air.

Would love to know why developers and publishers leave GOG out of their advertising though.
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/buy-now
No mention of us anywhere.
Can't sell something that people don't realize is there to buy.
If they don't care about selling here, will they care about updates here?
Updates have been my biggest gripe with GOG lately. :/
goral: Someone at the RPG Codex has pointed it out to Vince already and VD said it will be fixed ASAP. You can't blame him for not noticing this, it's a very stressing time to him and all IT crew. I wish them over million copies sold in one year :].

I first learned about this game about a year after I registered on the Codex but didn't think much about it then. Only after Teron demo had been released the game got my attention. My first impression was bad - ugly looking (or so I thought at the time, I immediately forgot about aesthetics and presentation, the game was so absorbing that I forgot I have to eat or work ;P) game that only has one town (in a demo). Oh, boy was I wrong. This game has soul that most contemporary games lack. The setting is one of the best if not the best ones ever created, the characters feel alive and are brutally realistic and the quests are exquisite.

<snip>
Bit of a fan are we?
Nice review too. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: Bit of a fan are we?
As soon as you play it, you'll become one yourself. Guaranteed.
Thanks. And yes, I am a fan but can you blame me? The game is just that good. I haven't had this much fun with a game since Fallout 1 and Sacrifice (even Fallout 2, Arcanum, Planescape Torment, Vampire The Masquarade: Bloodlines weren't as enjoyable to play). Besides, Age of Decadence deserves more exposure since it won't get it from mainstream sites/magazines.
Phaidox: As soon as you play it, you'll become one yourself. Guaranteed.
I'll own it here in a bit as long as the demo works well on my antique rig. :-)

goral: Thanks. And yes, I am a fan but can you blame me? The game is just that good. I haven't had this much fun with a game since Fallout 1 and Sacrifice (even Fallout 2, Arcanum, Planescape Torment, Vampire The Masquarade: Bloodlines weren't as enjoyable to play). Besides, Age of Decadence deserves more exposure since it won't get it from mainstream sites/magazines.
See above. :-)
lowyhong: ITZ HAS COME!!
JudasIscariot: No, no, save that for Grimoire :D
Grimoire to GOG confirmed! :p
Can anyone kindly remove the "review" written by blackroseblade? I thought trolling was frowned upon here.