It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Which side are you on, general?

Sudden Strike 1, 2 & 3, the RTS series that perfectly captured the chaotic intensity of WW2, are now available, DRM-Free on GOG.com, with a 25% bundle discount. Anyone who pre-ordered or will pre-order <span class="bold">Sudden Strike 4</span>, will receive all three of them for free.

<span class="bold">Sudden Strike Gold</span> ets you command Russian, German, French, American and British forces during its WW2-inspired campaign. With destructible terrain and epic battles featuring hundreds of units in every scenario, it kicked off the series with confidence.

<span class="bold">Sudden Strike 2 Gold</span> continued that legacy, adding the Japanese armies to the mix, and spicing things up with more vehicular action and the war spreading to the Pacific.

<span class="bold">Sudden Strike 3</span> made the transition to 3D, letting you co-ordinate aerial, naval, and land-based attacks, expanding the size of the massive maps even further. Its advanced AI will become your best ally, when executing your tactics with the huge armies under your command.

Buy all three together for a 25% bundle discount, until Friday, August 4, 1 PM UTC.

NOTE: While still not entirely devoid of technical hiccups, these versions of the celebrated classics have been tweaked to work better in today's machines. You can expect added CD audio to SS 1, 2, and Resource War, restored editors for SS 3 and Last Stand, and a more stable performance for SS 2.
Post edited July 28, 2017 by maladr0Id
Bought, I love the first two games but never played number 3.
Matewis: Wow awesome!
tinyE: I'm an RTS junk but I've never played these.

How sad.

Are there any other RTS games they compare to? What I mean is I love C&C/Warcraft/Starcraft/EE, but I'll pass on another Cossacks.
Matewis: Similar to Blitzkrieg. No base building. You have your troops which you command in realtime to complete mission objectives. Has some cool mechanics like capturing enemy artillery / AA guns and using it yourself.
Capturing enemy equipment was too damn useful lol. Flamethrowers or anti-tank rifles were fantastic as I usually managed to capture enemy tanks and vehicles as it made the crew simply die ('burn') without damaging the vehicles too much. And when you're rocking a nice tiger tank you just stole from the germans, good feeling.
Post edited July 28, 2017 by Evixios
Has anybody hear of Sudden Strike: Normandy? Can't find anything, but the late DotEmu store had it. Is this an alias for The Last Stand?
Cananas: Where is the 15% disccount in the pre-order of Sudden Strike 4? I thought It was until the release day (August 11)...

Why it has gone with the release of the previous games?
I'm wondering about this as well. It's likely just a glitch with the integration of the trilogy launching here? There's still the discount at "that other Store" as well as most key stores around the Internet, so it should come back. Hopefully.
Matewis: Wow awesome!

Similar to Blitzkrieg. No base building. You have your troops which you command in realtime to complete mission objectives. Has some cool mechanics like capturing enemy artillery / AA guns and using it yourself.
Evixios: Capturing enemy equipment was too damn useful lol. Flamethrowers or anti-tank rifles were fantastic as I usually managed to capture enemy tanks and vehicles as it made the crew simply die ('burn') without damaging the vehicles too much. And when you're rocking a nice tiger tank you just stole from the germans, good feeling.
I only had the demo to play over and over again so unfortunately I never got to capture a Tiger :( I loved the aerial bombing runs though, as well as any kind of artillery bombardment. It always felt so spectacularly destructive!
How does SS3 compare to Blitzkrieg 2 or Codename Panzers, which I both own and which both are 3D as well.
Thanks!
Great additions.
The only thing I'm really interest in is...does GOG's SS2 offer anything that free version available at GameTop doesn't?
BranjoHello: Great additions.
The only thing I'm really interest in is...does GOG's SS2 offer anything that free version available at GameTop doesn't?
Does that version have CD audio? This announcement seems to imply it's previously been unavailable in digital releases of the game.
Cananas: Where is the 15% disccount in the pre-order of Sudden Strike 4? I thought It was until the release day (August 11)...

Why it has gone with the release of the previous games?
guppy44: I'm wondering about this as well. It's likely just a glitch with the integration of the trilogy launching here? There's still the discount at "that other Store" as well as most key stores around the Internet, so it should come back. Hopefully.
Now all is OK, and the pre-order disccount came back.
One of these games that I remember from old CD-ROMs choke full of demos. One was JA2 and other Sudden Strike. Rest of them are either forgotten or not available in digital stores.

Christmas come early this year.
Nice, but I'll definitely wait for a good deal.
Post edited July 28, 2017 by Smannesman
BranjoHello: Great additions.
fisk0: Does that version have CD audio? This announcement seems to imply it's previously been unavailable in digital releases of the game.
i watched the videos on youtube, seems the motions are different then good old command and conquer and red alert classics, to make sure i downloaded a old demo... installed the demo and wow: 70% cpu usage so that demo was a no go, uninstalled it, then i downloaded the game they mentioned at GameTop:

i scanned it, checked the hashes, checked for malware but it seems clean, however the game has 3 exes:
after uninstall you get directed to the GameTop site, its all strange i dont like that so getting the games at sites like gametop would not be wise....

check screenshot: 3 game process at 25%= 75% CPU wasted
Attachments:
Post edited July 28, 2017 by gamesfreak64
tinyE: I'm an RTS junk but I've never played these.

How sad.

Are there any other RTS games they compare to? What I mean is I love C&C/Warcraft/Starcraft/EE, but I'll pass on another Cossacks.
It's a RTT series not RTS. Like Matewis said, it's similar to Blitzkrieg and also Ground Control or the Close Combat series.
Post edited July 28, 2017 by WinterSnowfall
I know y'all have said it's like this or that game, but how do they compare to Soldiers: Heroes of WW2? I liked Blitzkrieg but struggled with Soldiers, and they're kinda similar, so that's why I ask.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.
Why does Sudden Strike 3 Last Stand only has 2 available languages while the other part of Sudden Strike 3 has more languages like the other two Sudden Strikes?