It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Which side are you on, general?

Sudden Strike 1, 2 & 3, the RTS series that perfectly captured the chaotic intensity of WW2, are now available, DRM-Free on GOG.com, with a 25% bundle discount. Anyone who pre-ordered or will pre-order <span class="bold">Sudden Strike 4</span>, will receive all three of them for free.

<span class="bold">Sudden Strike Gold</span> ets you command Russian, German, French, American and British forces during its WW2-inspired campaign. With destructible terrain and epic battles featuring hundreds of units in every scenario, it kicked off the series with confidence.

<span class="bold">Sudden Strike 2 Gold</span> continued that legacy, adding the Japanese armies to the mix, and spicing things up with more vehicular action and the war spreading to the Pacific.

<span class="bold">Sudden Strike 3</span> made the transition to 3D, letting you co-ordinate aerial, naval, and land-based attacks, expanding the size of the massive maps even further. Its advanced AI will become your best ally, when executing your tactics with the huge armies under your command.

Buy all three together for a 25% bundle discount, until Friday, August 4, 1 PM UTC.

NOTE: While still not entirely devoid of technical hiccups, these versions of the celebrated classics have been tweaked to work better in today's machines. You can expect added CD audio to SS 1, 2, and Resource War, restored editors for SS 3 and Last Stand, and a more stable performance for SS 2.
Post edited July 28, 2017 by maladr0Id
I have two questions about this release of Sudden Strike.

Question #1:
Is the digital GOG version of Sudden Strike 2 compatible with the retail physical CD version of the Hidden Stroke: APRM expansion pack?

Question #2:
Is there any chance GOG will be selling digital versions of the Sudden Strike II expansion pack Hidden Stroke: APRM and Hidden Stroke II: APRM in the future?

Related "Hidden Stroke" Links for the curious:
Hidden Stroke: APRM
Hidden Stroke II: APRM

tritone: Just curious... why is Sudden Strike 3 not "Gold" like the others? SS3 seems to have the original game plus a sequel.
I thought that was strange as well.
Post edited August 02, 2017 by SpellSword
SpellSword: I have two questions about this release of Sudden Strike.

Question #1:
Is the digital GOG version of Sudden Strike 2 compatible with the retail physical CD version of the Hidden Stroke: APRM expansion pack?

Question #2:
Is there any chance GOG will be selling digital versions of the Sudden Strike II expansion pack Hidden Stroke: APRM and Hidden Stroke II: APRM in the future?

Related "Hidden Stroke" Links for the curious:
Hidden Stroke: APRM
Hidden Stroke II: APRM

tritone: Just curious... why is Sudden Strike 3 not "Gold" like the others? SS3 seems to have the original game plus a sequel.
SpellSword: I thought that was strange as well.
1 - It should be, but since SS2 is a really OLD game... I guess it goes with some prerequisite registry key or something like that. Or maybe not and I'm so wrong that you can install it all the way with no trouble at all. Anyway it shouldn't be that hard. Just try it and we'll see.

2 - You see. Those are MODS, like Total Conversions. Handcraftedly by community users is my guessing. Now I'm a totally moron on the legal parts but since this isn't something Fireglow made by itself... I don't know how could it be bundled with something like "that". Yes it was sold a while back but again think about it. They're paid mods after all. I have my biggest doubt GOG will ever put those on sale. Your best bet is search those on the internet.

3 - It is because the third never went onto that treatment. GOG is bundling both but it never got a special edition per se. So there you have it.

@timppu

I'm a bit late but thank you very much for that clarification my friend. :)
Post edited August 02, 2017 by Maverick1988
Maverick1988: 3 - It is because the third never went onto that treatment. GOG is bundling both but it never got a special edition per se. So there you have it.
More like that's just how Kalypso chose to go about it. Because from what I see SS2 never got a Gold before now either, but now the bundle was named Gold, while for SS3 it wasn't elsewhere either.
Maverick1988: 3 - It is because the third never went onto that treatment. GOG is bundling both but it never got a special edition per se. So there you have it.
Cavalary: More like that's just how Kalypso chose to go about it. Because from what I see SS2 never got a Gold before now either, but now the bundle was named Gold, while for SS3 it wasn't elsewhere either.
Yes indeed, you are totally right. It's on the publisher side now.

A bit strange if you ask me but I wouldn't care that much for a special title on a bundle if you ask me.

Either way gotta be honest and say that I'm more than happy to see this saga around here :^)
Well that's lovely. Just installed the first game only to be greeted with galaxy updating. Seems I should've read the announcements more carefully. It's not a prompt in the installer itself. You have to click on 'more' on the page with the download links to select the smaller classic installer. Kind of annoyed that I will now have to check this with every game I want to download from now on :\
Bought :D
Matewis: Well that's lovely. Just installed the first game only to be greeted with galaxy updating. Seems I should've read the announcements more carefully. It's not a prompt in the installer itself. You have to click on 'more' on the page with the download links to select the smaller classic installer. Kind of annoyed that I will now have to check this with every game I want to download from now on :\
If the whole GOG team combine their efforts,in 20 years maybe we will get a little checkbox on our games page that says "Choose your default install option: 1. Galaxy installer 2. Classic installer".Let's hope they make it happen :').Cheers
SS1 soundtrack PLEASE!