It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones is now available, DRM-free. Get it 15% off until October 3rd, 5pm UTC.

In Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones, the player journeys from a doomed Arkham into the depths of the Abyss. Create your own character based on 1920's archetypes and carve a path through a broken and mysterious world.

Your desperate battle against forces beyond comprehension will haunt you until the end. Physical combat will be challenging, spellcasting will have dire consequences, and your sanity will be strained to the breaking point by unknown abominations. Sometimes the best solution will be to flee what lurks beyond the threshold.
Linux is there / working too.

markrichardb: How strange. Thanks for the heads up folks, problem solved over here.
You firing this one up tonight / soon too? In the past I know we've had similar taste in games - curious how this one is going to pan out.
Ixamyakxim: Linux is there / working too.

markrichardb: How strange. Thanks for the heads up folks, problem solved over here.
Ixamyakxim: You firing this one up tonight / soon too? In the past I know we've had similar taste in games - curious how this one is going to pan out.
Nah, tommorrow at the earliest. I'm still weary from the disappointment that was Rebel Cops.
Thank you for a wonderful game and achievements and everything!

Buying this game rightaway!

All the best!
I love the completely desperate and hopeless atmosphere of this game.
A well made game on the myths of Lovecraft is always welcome.
ok, this is lovely... I need it, thanks :)
Looks interesting ....
i tried the steam demo ... too heavy , seems CPU has to carry the full load while GPU is "relaxing"

text seems small, on 1280 x 768 , i guess 1080P also required : (1920x1080) ?

Anyway, i also noticed the number of games doesnt show up on mouseover the account icon, now i have to navigate to my shelves to see how many i have , why is the nr removed ? amount of funds in wallet is also gone ... (◕︵◕)
why ?
Post edited September 28, 2019 by gamesfreak64
Thanks for adding the Linux version! It would be nice to also have the demo here.
this sounds really cool, i like the look of it, but not one combat pic to see, will wait
mintee: this sounds really cool, i like the look of it, but not one combat pic to see, will wait
May not be too much of it? Took me a while to find some in a gameplay video (admittedly, just mousing over progress bar, likely missed something earlier).
mintee: this sounds really cool, i like the look of it, but not one combat pic to see, will wait
Cavalary: May not be too much of it? Took me a while to find some in a gameplay video (admittedly, just mousing over progress bar, likely missed something earlier).
thanks!

Ixamyakxim: You firing this one up tonight / soon too? In the past I know we've had similar taste in games - curious how this one is going to pan out.
Have you gotten into it yet, and if so, what are your first non-Mac/DL impressions? ;)
I played it some time (around 8h) and it could be one of the best Lovecraftrpg's ever..if..if...not for the many small bugs, i didn't noticed anything gamebreaking but there many small ones they can be solved by reloading but you can only save/quit and this savegame is erased after loading.
So you either play on an pray for good autosaves or you switch area after everything important because it always save before travel. But the time flows away and fast, your char eats every few minutes, your lamp eats more gas then a average car...so trveling back and for eats quite some ressources...

Worse, the controls don't work all the time, often they're unresponsive and you have to run around until you can finally interact with a item/char/...

Overall i don't regrett buying it but i wish i had waited for some patches before playing it.
DF1871: I played it some time (around 8h) and it could be one of the best Lovecraftrpg's ever..if..if...not for the many small bugs, i didn't noticed anything gamebreaking but there many small ones they can be solved by reloading but you can only save/quit and this savegame is erased after loading.
After you sure? My savequit file doesn't disappear after loading... The point is that there are only a few save slots so, summing these saves and autosaves, you can't go back a long period in time if you mess it up... I suppose it's a design decision, one I don't personally dislike, but I know most people won't like at all.
About the bugs, yes, there are lots of them. None game breaking, but this game needs some polishing. In my case, some events appear again and again, and a follower started losing health and died without any cause, to mention something.
The game translation/localization is really good (better than many AAA games...) but it's also unpolished (a few missing strings, and the script to change certain words depending on the PC's gender doesn't work properly (at least in Spanish)
In any other aspects, the game is really good. A must have for any Lovecraft fan, probably the best game of that thematic I've ever played.

You firing this one up tonight / soon too? In the past I know we've had similar taste in games - curious how this one is going to pan out.
bler144: Have you gotten into it yet, and if so, what are your first non-Mac/DL impressions? ;)
I have jumped into it. It's... interesting. It almost has an adventure game vibe to it - the start is more wandering around, using your skills in conversation, taking in the world. There's definately more of a premium on exploration at the start, as opposed to combat. There are a ton of crunchy stats but the tutorial is minimal so I'm still working on figuring them out.

What combat is there is dangerous, and resources like bullets and healing are scarce (at least so far at the start). Early game, both in combat and wandering around you're sort of lost. It's a bit of a hard game to play in that it pushes you from one point to the next but you're never really quite sure what's going on or if you're doing it "right" - in a way it really captures Lovecraft in a spirit of gameplay AND story.

Atmosphere is top notch, and there's a super cool crafting system hinted at (you're locked out of certain crafting based on skills you choose, items you carry and locations you're at - you want to craft refined opium shots? You better be skilled in X and have a chemistry set, or be at a lab - that's pretty neat). There's also a cool resting mechanic where you use your skills to do certain things.

All the stuff above is the stuff I like - but at least early game it's not fleshed out - it's just sort of there. You don't get to play with the gameplay bits as much as you stumble around. HOPEFULLY I'm still in the prologue sort of stage and not deep into the game yet and that's my main issue in feeling a bit lost.

ALSO - if anyone knows if you can select companions, that would be awesome. I just (I think?) recruited a cop who lost his horse... but for the life of me I can't figure out how to "get" him. I already had two other companions at the time - I have to admit if there's no way to swap between them and you're sort of "locked in" to the guys you have (short of dismissing them and trying to find someone new) I'll be kind of pissed.
bler144: Have you gotten into it yet, and if so, what are your first non-Mac/DL impressions? ;)
Ixamyakxim: I have jumped into it. It's... interesting. It almost has an adventure game vibe to it - the start is more wandering around, using your skills in conversation, taking in the world. There's definately more of a premium on exploration at the start, as opposed to combat. There are a ton of crunchy stats but the tutorial is minimal so I'm still working on figuring them out.

What combat is there is dangerous, and resources like bullets and healing are scarce (at least so far at the start). Early game, both in combat and wandering around you're sort of lost. It's a bit of a hard game to play in that it pushes you from one point to the next but you're never really quite sure what's going on or if you're doing it "right" - in a way it really captures Lovecraft in a spirit of gameplay AND story.

Atmosphere is top notch, and there's a super cool crafting system hinted at (you're locked out of certain crafting based on skills you choose, items you carry and locations you're at - you want to craft refined opium shots? You better be skilled in X and have a chemistry set, or be at a lab - that's pretty neat). There's also a cool resting mechanic where you use your skills to do certain things.

All the stuff above is the stuff I like - but at least early game it's not fleshed out - it's just sort of there. You don't get to play with the gameplay bits as much as you stumble around. HOPEFULLY I'm still in the prologue sort of stage and not deep into the game yet and that's my main issue in feeling a bit lost.

ALSO - if anyone knows if you can select companions, that would be awesome. I just (I think?) recruited a cop who lost his horse... but for the life of me I can't figure out how to "get" him. I already had two other companions at the time - I have to admit if there's no way to swap between them and you're sort of "locked in" to the guys you have (short of dismissing them and trying to find someone new) I'll be kind of pissed.
thanks for the review - hope you sort it out and enjoy the rest! ;)