It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Iconic characters - Axel, Blaze, Adam - from an iconic game series reunite to clean up the city from the criminal scum. Streets of Rage 4 beat ‘em up game is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 10% discount lasting until May the 4th, 8 AM UTC. With some brand-new moves and kickass tracks in the background, our heroes are ready to teach hordes of criminals a painful lesson.
igrok: I really like Streets of Rage series and I hope at some point GOG will convince SEGA to bring these games here. As for SoR 4, I'll have to wait for compatibility reports from fellow linux users, since there is no multiplatform version, sadly.
mechmouse: Sega are total A-holes regarding any degree of Software ownership.

No Sega game will ever come here.

Sorry
Only less than a week ago, I read exactly the same comment here, only about Square Enix.
And two days later, Deus Ex; HR+MD and Dungeon Siege trilogy appeared here.
And this is even if you do not mention Blizzard's Diablo and Diablo:Hellfire (which Blizzard tried in every possible way to forget, pretended that such an add-on did not exist at all and convinced everyone of this).
Post edited May 01, 2020 by Loger13
BranjoHello: In the end, you will have outraged people who certainly won't buy an inferior product.

The question is, do you have enough customers who:
b) don't care about online play
I am definitely in the b group.
di0nizus: No online mode here on GOG. And still they charge the same as on Steam's.
I mean, having this great game here is awesome, but this is so unfair. :(
If I were you, I would wait for a much bigger/higher discount.
Post edited May 01, 2020 by op_2020
high rated
The developers have said that they will be looking into implementing online features on GOG in the future, and that the current online features available on other platforms have bugs and issues:
https://twitter.com/lizardcube/status/1256237489813143556
SCPM: The developers have said that they will be looking into implementing online features on GOG in the future, and that the current online features available on other platforms have bugs and issues:
thanks for the info! hope it happens, though I'm doubtful
If by some miracle the devs could make a cross-platform(or at least cross-store) online multiplayer that would be a legendary achievement.
Fingers crossed. :)
I made the joke in the pre-release thread about a DotEmu release being available that wouldn't need Code Mystics to come in and fix its multiplayer and now I'm wanting to retract the part where I call it a "joke" and instead go with a "sad reality".
SCPM: The developers have said that they will be looking into implementing online features on GOG in the future, and that the current online features available on other platforms have bugs and issues:
Thanks!

Anyone who has a Twitter account can ask them about this option? https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_streets_of_rage_4_457a6/post28

This can solve most (at least GOG's) "multiplayer" problems.
dixxn: I'm not too fond of the smooth art style, but I think I'll give this one a try later. We need more old school beat em up like this one.
I think there's an option for the old school pixelated/CRT look. I'm not sure if it needs to be unlocked. IIRC, you also get to play the classic characters in all of their pixelated glory with the same exact skill sets. Basically, you get to play the classic guys with the new game.
People over on Steam are taking about Game Pass and DLC. Can I assume the GOG release doesn't have this stuff?
pferreira1983: People over on Steam are taking about Game Pass and DLC. Can I assume the GOG release doesn't have this stuff?
What DLC are you talking about? I can't see anything of the sort on the game's Steam page.

And Gamepass is Microsoft's Windows/Xbox Service that allows you to try a variety of games for a monthly subscription fee. Nothing to do with the game itself.
Grargar: What DLC are you talking about? I can't see anything of the sort on the game's Steam page.

And Gamepass is Microsoft's Windows/Xbox Service that allows you to try a variety of games for a monthly subscription fee. Nothing to do with the game itself.
Oh okay. Wanted to make sure that apart from the lack of online play it had all the extras the Steam version has.
high rated
fortune_p_dawg: yeah, but there are plenty of people who would rather buy it here sans online features rather than on steam or not at all, so what about them? i mean, it is clearly marked on the game's store page that it doesn't currently have online multiplayer (and i like to think it might at some point). and i would absolutely agree with you if the game's page wasn't clearly marked, but it is.
Indeed, I have zero interest in online play 99% of the time and would rather a singleplayer GOG release than nothing. A big reason Valve gave Steamworks to developers "for free" was to promote natural exclusives to that platform, because the client features would be integrated so tightly.
Just checked with a dev through a KayaneTV twitch stream: they are using Steam API.

So the gog version will probably NEVER offer online features.

Offering it on GOG for the same price with LESS feature automatically makes it so that GOG buyers pay for the online features on other platforms.

A big PASS from me, on any platform. Shame on the devs.
Post edited May 06, 2020 by Zoidberg
Zoidberg: Just checked with a dev through a KayaneTV twitch stream: they are using Steam API.

Offering it on GOG for the same price with LESS feature automatically makes it so that GOG buyers pay for the online features on other platforms.

I agree the base price should be a few dollars less. I wonder why the devs can't use the Galaxy API so Galaxy users can at least play amongst each other.
Zoidberg: Just checked with a dev through a KayaneTV twitch stream: they are using Steam API.

Calm down my friend,Lizardcube and DotEmu are truly friendly studios, I am sure they will implement the multiplayer mode in the GoG version,just trust them.