It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Embrace the life of a seafaring civilization as you sail the open expanses of the galaxy with Stellaris' most immersive pack yet. Stellaris: Aquatics Species Pack is now available on GOG.COM with a 20% discount that will last until 29th November 2021, 4 PM UTC.

The release of the Aquatics Species Pack comes with a set of discounts on other Stellaris titles, lasting also until 29th November 2021, 4 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
I wonder how the Stellaris mod makers feel after each new DLC release . =))))
DD & Ji Ji: I wonder how the Stellaris mod makers feel after each new DLC release . =))))
I wonder how the Stellaris players feel after each new DLC release.

I just can't imagine myself buying the game with so many separate DLCs. I can understand a game with a few DLCs (like 2-4) and release of "Complete Edition" after a few years, but this game is a pure example of milking.
Lexor: I wonder how the Stellaris players feel after each new DLC release.
They feel either A: "Oh cool, that's something I want in the game", or B: "Meh, not into it, I'll just ignore it." Do you not understand you're not required to get all the DLC? The base game is fine as-is; the DLC is for those who replay it a lot and might want to spice things up eventually. I have three DLCs that I was interested in and as for the rest, I'm glad they're there for those who want them, but given that I don't have an unhealthy psychological need to "catch them all" just for the sake of it, I simply don't bother with them.

Also, they respect players who are into multiplayer by only requiring the host to own any DLC you might want to use; the rest get the effects regardless. I know people like to do the typical internet dog-pile "hurr durr DLC lol" but come on, at least for Stellaris it's not abusive.
My reaction to this expansion was quite similar to the one I had for the previous ones:
« Hey, looks like a nice expansion! I think I might buy it one or two years from now, when it’s reliably discounted 50% off and I’m done playing through the expansions I already own. »
How is the main game since the last 2-3 dlc?
@Niggles not as bad as it was with 2 but still pretty busted

the Ai gives up about mid game because it just spams clerks and the reinforcement fleet button ignores ships being sent to a fleet so you end up with dozens of corvettes sitting around or taking 5 years to reach the fleet they are going to... if you blink you will miss the end game and if you become the crisis then your game will crash

the music is still the best imo and early game until the Khain wakes up is worth playing
ChrisG_: More DLC milking ! this in turn makes Paradox games some of the worst value for your money considering the price for all content to the game.

I stay away.
Crosmando: You're better off staying away from the GOG version of Stellaris in general if you care about modding.
Proper modders almost always hosted their mods on external sites, not on Steam workshop. nexusmods just to name one.

I run GOG's version of Stellaris with mods and there is no hassle to enable them. GOG is a place where gamers don't want gaming clients to manage their mods. We want full control of our game, that's why we buy on GOG in the first place.
DD & Ji Ji: I wonder how the Stellaris mod makers feel after each new DLC release . =))))

I just can't imagine myself buying the game with so many separate DLCs. I can understand a game with a few DLCs (like 2-4) and release of "Complete Edition" after a few years, but this game is a pure example of milking.
You get used to it, no special secret :)
Post edited November 24, 2021 by bioshark