It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A second coming.

Rise of Numibia DLC is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Fallen but not yet defeated, the Numibian tribes return to Gemini with a vengeance. Along with their warlike ways, they bring a 30% map increase, new scenarios and ambassadors, 4 new planets, 7 new spaceship designs, and of course the mighty, playable faction of Numibia.
nice. Looks like a good piece of dlc for an already good game.
A missed chance to offer the base game at a discount here...
yay! \o/
I see people playing Stellaris.
I see people playing Endless Space 2.
I even see people throwing $$$ at the never ending GalCiv 3 DLC's

.... But i don't know anybody who bought (or even talks about) this game.
Midnight_Wolf: I see people playing Stellaris.

You can't really compare it to those games. At the core, it's a freelancer type game where you control a single ship directly, shifting energy around between guns, engines and shields, pop consumables, shoot other ships for loot and profit, and earn money by doing random missions.

The strategy layer is an addition to that, a rather rudimentary element where you build fleets and move them around the map, intercepting other fleets or turning them into wingmen. There's resources you need for research and for building new ships, but it's not as deep as a "proper" 4x game.

At the same time: it works. It's spaceship eurojank at its finest, clunky around some parts, rough around some edges, but you basically get a 4x/Freelancer hybrid that doesn't bog down in minutiae, has somewhat satisfying direct combat and lots and lots of ships to fly. There's no other game that really compares to it. Some like SPAZ 2 have some similarities, but Warlords is rather in unique in what it does.

I'd probably sell my firstborn for a highly polished AA-version of the game concept, but so far decent space games (finished ones, that is) remain few and far between, so I take what I can get. This one was fun for a good while, but I admit it's a bit of an aquired taste.

vonHardenberg: You can't really compare it to those games. At the core, it's a freelancer type game where you control a single ship directly, shifting energy around between guns, engines and shields, pop consumables, shoot other ships for loot and profit, and earn money by doing random missions.

The strategy layer is an addition to that, a rather rudimentary element where you build fleets and move them around the map, intercepting other fleets or turning them into wingmen. There's resources you need for research and for building new ships, but it's not as deep as a "proper" 4x game.

At the same time: it works. It's spaceship eurojank at its finest, clunky around some parts, rough around some edges, but you basically get a 4x/Freelancer hybrid that doesn't bog down in minutiae, has somewhat satisfying direct combat and lots and lots of ships to fly. There's no other game that really compares to it. Some like SPAZ 2 have some similarities, but Warlords is rather in unique in what it does.

I'd probably sell my firstborn for a highly polished AA-version of the game concept, but so far decent space games (finished ones, that is) remain few and far between, so I take what I can get. This one was fun for a good while, but I admit it's a bit of an aquired taste.
Thanks for that assessment. Sounds like a great game, but one not for my taste but obviously one that others will love.
Carradice: A missed chance to offer the base game at a discount here...
GOG keeps making this same mistake for every new DLC release/expansion for existing base games -- much of the time they for whatever odd reason never discount the same games in the series of games :/....

All great games, but also games with much higher marketing budget.

And, for some reason, SPG games never found their fanbase on GoG, but they found it on Xbox One and on Steam (over million players in the database). Why? Beats me.

You can join LGM Games DIscord server here and ask whatever you would like to ask. :)

https://discord.gg/NPNUawy

zzokalj: All great games, but also games with much higher marketing budget.

And, for some reason, SPG games never found their fanbase on GoG, but they found it on Xbox One and on Steam (over million players in the database). Why? Beats me.

You can join LGM Games DIscord server here and ask whatever you would like to ask. :)

Thats a shame that the game did not do so well here. I enjoy the games and bought them on gog just wish more people would have. If you like a freelancer style open universe game worlds then this is for you.
Thank you aluinie, much appreciated. :)

zzokalj: All great games, but also games with much higher marketing budget.

To be fair, warlords history is not that sunny here.
I've bought spg2 and had a rather fun time with it (though only one play through - not much a game could offer for replayability). Then Warlords was announced and after some time it became the early access title on steam with much lower price (in Russia) than the final one. Since selling games in development was already here I was waiting for Warlords to appear here but no luck until release date and price increase. But even though I was a bit disappointed with this fact I ranted a bit and still bought your game at full price :)
Later there were DLCs which I mostly bought instantly (2 out of three IIRC) but there was always a feeling of "left behind" with patches mainly arriving a week or two later. And the gap between 1.600 and the latest patch was rather big. It doesn't help when you're trying to achieve fan base growth. I understand that it's due to some technical difficulties with patching on different platforms but a consumer doesn't want to feel those difficulties.
Anyway I'm a silent fan of SPG and your approach to your consumers, I'm glad you still give us support and even appear here on forums. I'm also happy you haven't given up on us and making your releases here and don't abandon them.
So keep up and I wish you and LGM all the best :) but please make those patches come here a bit faster XD
Cheers :)
Post edited March 03, 2018 by ModaL