It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Starlords are made of this.

<span class="bold">Starpoint Gemini Warlords</span>, a sprawling space simulation, enriched with 4X strategy and RPG elements, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

No opposition is insurmountable when you put the best crew inside the most well-equipped ship in the sector. As an up-and-coming warlord, you must first learn to hold your own in intense dogfights, then build yourself a fearsome fleet and a solid base to establish your dominion. Oh and make sure you don't spend too much time customizing your battleship - that huge star-map isn't going to explore itself!

Get the extra loot inside the <span class="bold">Digital Deluxe Edition</span> or opt to <span class="bold">upgrade later</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by maladr0Id
mecirt: So the game description is rather confusing -- is this a 4X game with some spacesim elements, or a spacesim with some 4X elements?
Hey,

it's a Space RPG/ Sim with some strategy (4X) elements in it.
You are the commander of your own spaceship, but are able to expand your territory with your battle fleets, gather resources and explore the entire Gemini system.

Best regards!
Post edited May 24, 2017 by glova_lgm
Interesting, thanks for the reply!
aluinie: I think reviews should only be avaliable if you buy the game here that way silly things like this does not happen. I gave the game 5 stars as i like it so far and it does not deserve 2.5
Exactly and in general to rate a game as bad, because of sales on another platform is sort of stupid. I usually only rate for game content and not how it was sold.

p.s. thanks for the quick feedback, I washed my card last weekend and still wait for a new one :/
Post edited May 24, 2017 by disi
How does it compare to Starpoint Gemini 2? Does it have six degrees of freedom like Descent?
zzokalj: There are many diffrences.

Territory expansion and control
Fleets construction and management
Headquarter construction and upgrades
Refined Skills and Perks system
4K support
More everything (weapons, ships)
9 times bigger map (then in SPG2)
Better music (dedicated soundtrack people wished for)
Diplomacy

and so on... This is more like an 4X game with focus on combat, not economy.
Thank you very much! Even though it's not the focus, can you still do economical stuff, like trading, exploring space cities.. etc...?

MadalinStroe: Based on my google searches, this should be a stand alone sidestory in the same universe.
Thanks for your help!
Post edited May 24, 2017 by Nicole28
IronArcturus: How does it compare to Starpoint Gemini 2? Does it have six degrees of freedom like Descent?
Hey, I'm not sure what you mean, but I guess you're talking about movement in space? You are absolutely free to go into any direction, it's an open 3d space.

Nicole28: Thank you very much! Even though it's not the focus, can you still do economical stuff, like trading, exploring space cities.. etc...?
Yes, you can still explore, mine, trade or do random missions.

Best regards
glova_lgm: You are absolutely free to go into any direction, it's an open 3d space.
That's good! Does the game have more solar systems to explore? SG2 only had the 1 main system.
glova_lgm: You are absolutely free to go into any direction, it's an open 3d space.
IronArcturus: That's good! Does the game have more solar systems to explore? SG2 only had the 1 main system.
It's one system, but a larger map than in SPG2 :)

If you guys experience any issues, please do not hesitate to contact us at

customersupport@starpointgemini.com

Best regards
glova_lgm: It's one system, but a larger map than in SPG2 :)

Best regards
Is there a reason why Starpoint Gemini games always reside in just one solar system? The ships clearly have an FTL system of some kind. Most games like Freelancer, Starlancer, and even Rebel Galaxy have multiple systems to explore.
glova_lgm: It's one system, but a larger map than in SPG2 :)

Best regards
IronArcturus: Is there a reason why Starpoint Gemini games always reside in just one solar system? The ships clearly have an FTL system of some kind. Most games like Freelancer, Starlancer, and even Rebel Galaxy have multiple systems to explore.
I believe it's because of story/campaign. All the conflict since SPG1 happens in the Gemini System. Hope this answers your question :)

Best regards
Sadly this game comes without a Linux version, like Starpoint Gemini 2, and even requires DX11. So chances are low it will run on my PC anytime soon. :(
Post edited May 25, 2017 by eiii
Game looks beautiful, and like it has tonnes of features and mechanics to play with. Fantastic work. And thanks for taking the time to respond so thoroughly to the community here too; classy.

Needless to say, I was sold! Looking forward to giving this a spin.
eiii: Sadly this game comes without a Linux version, like Starpoint Gemini 2, and even requires DX11. So chances are low it will run on my PC anytime soon. :(
I'm sorry, eiii, but unfortunately, making the game in two completely different builds requires more time, money and manpower than we have at the moment.
Sculpy: Game looks beautiful, and like it has tonnes of features and mechanics to play with. Fantastic work. And thanks for taking the time to respond so thoroughly to the community here too; classy.

Needless to say, I was sold! Looking forward to giving this a spin.
Thank you Sculpy, much appreciated, I hope you will like the game. Please, if you'll have any questions, come to game forums and post it there. :)

Starpoint Gemini Warlords GoG forums
Post edited May 25, 2017 by zzokalj
Yay, downloading now :)
I'm just wondering if we will see the 1.050 update today or next week ... like it was with the 1.040 update last week.

Same procedure as every week?
Yes James, same procedure as every week. xD

To all developers and publishers: Releasing updates on fridays and weekends is a bad, bad thing here on GOG. ;)
Post edited June 09, 2017 by Silverhawk170485