It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You get a lightsaber!

Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, in which you master weapons of the Jedi and face the very real temptations of the dark side, is now available for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

Dark Forces revolutionised the early days of first person shooting. Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II improved on the experience in almost every imaginable regard, as the series once again established a significant milestone in 3D action gaming. If the words "You get a lightsaber" weren't enough to get you hyped about this title back in the day, then the truly-3D environments and models, RPG elements, and unprecedented freedom of movement complemented by a varied arsenal of weapons and Force powers would have done it.

Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II is a must-play for gamers looking to experience or relive gaming history, and the GOG.com treatment now makes this easier than ever. At the end of the day, it's a game that allows you to discover the Force entirely on your own - to walk the light path of a Jedi hero, or to unlock the sheer destructive power of the dark side - and that is just plain awesome.

Get your lightsaber and master the Force in Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 20% launch discount will last for 72 hours, until Friday, January 30 at 1:59 PM GMT.
Smannesman: I don't see it mentioned on the game card though.
Nergal01: Click "read more". Also, there are MOTS-screenshots.

Great to see this on GOG! Now all I'm interested in is this:

- is the music included?
- do the videos play in full screen?
In all seriousness? No, it doesn't as we are selling the world's first entirely silent game complete with those word frames you'd see in Charlie Chaplin movies :P

Actual professional reply: yes, the music works :)
Post edited January 27, 2015 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: In all seriousness? No, it doesn't as we are selling the world's first entirely silent game complete with those word frames you'd see in Charlie Chaplin movies :P

Actual professional reply: yes, the music works :)
xxxIndyxxx: Okay and what about my other questions?

1) Does it actually work better then the steam version (working music, working hardware accelleration, fullscreen movies,....)?

2) Is it mod-able.
Videos and music work and if they don't please write :) The videos are in full screen. Hardware acceleration works on most Windows versions save for Windows 8 (caveat: it MIGHT wok on Nvidia cards and Windows 8 but we can't guarantee that it will...)

As for modability that depends on the mod(s) that you wish to use.
JudasIscariot: Videos and music work and if they don't please write :) The videos are in full screen. Hardware acceleration works on most Windows versions save for Windows 8 (caveat: it MIGHT wok on Nvidia cards and Windows 8 but we can't guarantee that it will...)

As for modability that depends on the mod(s) that you wish to use.
yyahoo: HW is working on most systems? Excellent! Gracias!
De nada :)
Busterofwar: 1080p works, but 1440p gives this message: "Unable to set video mode (Video card may not have enough memory for this mode - try a lower setting. Restoring previous settings.)"

I also can't see the HUD in-game.
Please send that to Support with your DxDIag attached and that screenshot :)
F4LL0UT: Anyway, I wonder if GOG were aware that CD2 included different audio tracks than CD1 and made sure that CD2's music is played after you defeat Maw.
Yes... although I'll always welcome a user-side confirmation ;)
princey1205: I'm hitting a small snag, if I run the game WITH hardware acceleration on I can see everything bar the HUD, without I get a black screen with a small almost static effect in the top left hand corner of the screen (very similar issue with Rogue Squadron's main menu)

Any clues as to why I don't have a HUD or Crosshairs?
(I'll check back later as I'm off to work now so I can buy more GOG's :) )
Hardware acceleration has issues with Windows 8/8.1 so if you're running the game on that particular OS that might be the root cause. If you're running JK2 on any version of Windows EXCEPT 8 and you're experiencing issues, please file a Support ticket with screenshots and your DxDIag :) If you want, you can just give us links to the screens so you don't have to attach a whole bunch of files :)